i roamed for hours found very few in the ususal spots
Can kk do something about that or what
or is it related to the number of pple on
yours
clo

Mr Kot
20-04-05, 04:32
Maybe they were busy elsewhere.....

Did you pay a visit to Tech Haven tonight?

[TgR]KILLER
20-04-05, 10:43
wbs as in warbots ? din't hunt them for ages.. and what was going on a tech haven ? an event at like 2 am again ? :/

Dr Strange
20-04-05, 14:17
Ever notice how the spawns sometimes "stay" a certain way?

A week or two ago I coulda sworn for like three days straight every Chaos cave was nothing but Soldiers. Very few Minions or LT's or Bats, just a ton of Soldiers.

Then a week or so later back to normal.

If you ask me Warbies are more plentiful. The other day I was driving a character to MB and in JO3 I think we passed a hill that had like 5 WB's on the other side of it.

Bugs Gunny
20-04-05, 14:23
Every vet knows the link between stockx and the mobspawn.
Put more money in and more mobs spawn.
As for the loot in the bossmobs, you have to go gambling in the old outzone jail for that.

And now the unbearable truth:

Every zone has a number of spawnslots, which can be filled with anything from a bug to a warbot (selection depending on zone).
So if you want to have a good warbot hunting trip, you kill EVERY and ALL mob you see, including the small ones, as this will free up a slot for a possible warbot respawn.
Something funny happens here too, as sometimes you can get what we call a reset or megaspawn, where all spawnslots in a certain area spawn identical mobs. Wanna have fun witnessing this? Go to the "warbot hill" at battledome and kill all the mobs for an hour. At one point you'll be surrounded by 6 warbot titans or 6 large spiderbots.

Dribble Joy
20-04-05, 14:51
KILLER']and what was going on a tech haven ? an event at like 2 am again ? :/
Some EGMs live in the US :).

Original monk
20-04-05, 14:58
is there a specific stock i should invest in to get more warbots ? and is there sumthing like that for firemobs also ? is there a certain amount of cash needed at minimum ? or is it the more you invest the more techs you get ?

techhunting is atleast as difficult as constructing it seems :/

jini
20-04-05, 15:04
Every vet knows the link between stockx and the mobspawn.
Put more money in and more mobs spawn.
As for the loot in the bossmobs, you have to go gambling in the old outzone jail for that.

what do you mean by that???? how are they linked???

Bugs Gunny
20-04-05, 15:08
If i told you i would have to kill you :-)

EDIT: The part about the stockx etc isn't true, the part about spawnslots is, so go hunting and kill all things in sight and gain rareparts and wealth.

CMaster
20-04-05, 15:14
Hehe. Rifle spies like I-06. Huge warbot spawn, big, flat open - they can pick off warbots from miles away, until eventually they get 3 spawn on them while hacking and die. For others, J-05, j-06 aren't bad. F-08 is always popular too.

Gulinborsti
20-04-05, 15:38
I have to add something to BGs spawn theory:

Every spawn spot has a limited list of mob types!

e.g. WB spawn spots in area X can spawn:

WBs
WBTs
Houndbots
Cyberdogs
Small Spiderbot
Spiderbot Sentry

So if you are out there to hunt WBs you should kill any of the above and can leave the other mobs like Dessert Beast, Cyberguards, etc alive to save ammo, time or whatever. Because if it's not in above list, it won't spawn a WB.

I have to admit that this information is based on observations I did some years ago back in NC1 so it might have changed in the meantime. But I know some hunting spots where it still works.

BTT: I found some odd mass spawns (3+ on one certain spawn point) of WBs in the last two days, so the WB spawn problem seems not occur server wide and only certain zones are affected.

It also seems to me that spawn spots indeed increase with the amount of runners or the amount of mob kills over time in a zone.

Obsidian X
20-04-05, 15:43
I have to add something to BGs spawn theory:

Every spawn spot has a limited list of mob types!

e.g. WB spawn spots in area X can spawn:

WBs
WBTs
Houndbots
Cyberdogs
Small Spiderbot
Spiderbot Sentry

So if you are out there to hunt WBs you should kill any of the above and can leave the other mobs like Dessert Beast, Cyberguards, etc alive to save ammo, time or whatever. Because if it's not in above list, it won't spawn a WB.

I have to admit that this information is based on observations I did some years ago back in NC1 so it might have changed in the meantime. But I know some hunting spots where it still works.

BTT: I found some odd mass spawns (3+ on one certain spawn point) of WBs in the last two days, so the WB spawn problem seems not occur server wide and only certain zones are affected.

It also seems to me that spawn spots indeed increase with the amount of runners or the amount of mob kills over time in a zone.

I think it still works like this. I was doing some WB hunting around the Gabanium mine area, and it seems like each spawn spot can spawn any of the mechanical mobs in that list. I'd also say that Sentinels and Substandard Cyberguards should be on that list too.

Gulinborsti
20-04-05, 15:47
As said, I'm only sure that this list applies to the WB spawns in my favorite WB hunting zone. And I'm sure other mechanical mobs aren't in the list there.

But it can be different in other zones...

Bugs Gunny
20-04-05, 15:54
The warbot thing happens in all zones, and i think it's the same for firemobs too.

Best example is taking a rhino out to battledome and kill the mobs on the hills as you have the gr to you back and drive straight towards the little recession.

And indeed, spawnnumbers vary on the amount of runners in the zone (might be combatranks related too), just as it does in the chaos caves , where a large team will get a LOT of opposition, where a two man medium level team gets hardly any.

Original monk
20-04-05, 16:49
would be intresting to know if this indeed is rankrelated :)

jini
21-04-05, 06:37
If i told you i would have to kill you :-)

EDIT: The part about the stockx etc isn't true, the part about spawnslots is, so go hunting and kill all things in sight and gain rareparts and wealth. bugs, do you know what are you talking about or you just talk just to talk?
leaving aside the thing I dont need anything anymore, I really want to know how someone can prove your theory of "spawnslot"? because to my knowledge, you can never kill EVERY single creature in a sector... so please tell us exactly how you do it

Original monk
21-04-05, 09:57
jini, yust keep killing everything you see in a zone, completely empty it wont be cause theres always sumthing that respawns .. but thats the goal .. having as many respawns as possible cause in the place of the spiderbot you yust killed can easily spawn a WB .. the more mobs you kill in a zone nomather what rank (yust kill em all .. the flying thingies, the little mechbots, the spiderbots, mad copbots etc etc ..) and ya have greater chance that the respawn will be precious WB's :)

jini
21-04-05, 12:00
jini, yust keep killing everything you see in a zone, completely empty it wont be cause theres always sumthing that respawns .. but thats the goal .. having as many respawns as possible cause in the place of the spiderbot you yust killed can easily spawn a WB .. the more mobs you kill in a zone nomather what rank (yust kill em all .. the flying thingies, the little mechbots, the spiderbots, mad copbots etc etc ..) and ya have greater chance that the respawn will be precious WB's :)
but, lol this is what I do already lol... in fact what everybody does. bug doesnt speak for this. he speaks of a supposed hidden spawnslot which if found can spawn randomly a creature. And I ask: how can you kill ALL the mobs in a sector, which already is large in order to find this, since after a while even if you dont empty the corpses another will most likely respawn??? (TBFranc, I dont understand why I ever get to this thread :D)

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 12:20
Okay, it's quite simple:

Go to battledome, run straight out the genrep untill you see the warbots and cyberguards and spiderbots and copbots on the hillside. Those 8-9 in that group belong to a spawncluster. Kill them all for an hour and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Another one is the cluster at miltary base bunker. It's all mutants or launchers. If at one point the respawn takes a long long time, get ready to shout megaspaw, as 50% chance you'll get ALL launchers spawning on top of you.