PDA

View Full Version : Antishield, antibuff, holy antibuff ????

Bugs Gunny
19-04-05, 10:05
I'm currently leveling up an apu, and i'm wondering what all these spells do, i know the holy antbuff takes away both shelter and deflector.
But what do the other spells do?

mulle
19-04-05, 10:37
antishield take away only shelter and antibuff takes away the same as holy antibuff just at a higher psi cost and lower rof if i remember correctly

Preach
19-04-05, 11:13
antubuff also removes heal

Dr Strange
19-04-05, 11:49
judging by name, you'd think anti shield would remove psi shield

Bugs Gunny
19-04-05, 11:57
Ty for you replies everyone.

enigma_b17
19-04-05, 12:29
well the way i go about it is

on ur own, carry holy antishield, as more then likely youll only ave ur holy lightning, or fire apoc on u, so deflector becomes irrelevant.

in op wars holy antibuff is more commonly used as it removes deflector and thats also assuming that ur not attacking an op on ur own.

sultana
19-04-05, 12:32
Holy Antishield - Removes shelter, casts at 21/min and takes 220ish mana to cast

Antibuff - Removes heal, shelter and deflector, casts at 10/min and takes 320ish mana to cast

Holy Antibuff - Removes heal, shelter and deflector, casts at 21/min and takes 260 mana to cast.

Bugs Gunny
19-04-05, 12:34
I was thinking more in the lines of a superhated holy antishield noobshelter, damageboost, tl3 heal apu hybrid :-)

enigma_b17
19-04-05, 12:42
and by the time u cash a holy antishield, then cast a n00b shelter, damage boost it and tl 3 heal it ull be dead :o

Morganth
19-04-05, 13:10
I was thinking more in the lines of a superhated holy antishield noobshelter, damageboost, tl3 heal apu hybrid :-)

Why not go for a blessed hybrid with anti-deflector? Then you can debuff, nib buff and Psi Attack 2 them to death?

Tostino is the one to poke if you want to know more about hybrid setups, I get the impression thats all he does :p

Jesterthegreat
19-04-05, 13:31
i'd rather poke smurfen... best hyb i knew (even if he is ppu now)

Bugs Gunny
19-04-05, 13:36
Yeah, i'd definitely talk to smurfen instead.

Anyway, i won't do all those things after each other, probably antishield, tl3 heal will do to take them down with HL after.

Original monk
19-04-05, 14:47
Why not go for a blessed hybrid with anti-deflector? Then you can debuff, nib buff and Psi Attack 2 them to death?

i prefer not to use anti deflector on a ppuhybrid cause it needs 131 apu and involves pa switching or foreign buffs ..

then ya better make an apuhybrid ...

my apuhybrid uses antishelter cause holy antibuff isnt worth it in points .. tough if i could choose i would always prefer HAB like my apu cause it drops h+s+d wich makes ppu's panic ... ya have the option of psi-attack also if needed and if its a nib and he runs then ya can finish with HL or FA ..

if ya use antishelter its a bit easier for the ppu to get he's act togheter tough when alot of people are around and casted secretely/hidden the ppu wont even notice he's shelter dropped :) (tough casting an antishelter secretly with the yellow beams going to all sides isnt easy, best is to use corners)

my ppuhybrid doesnt bother with antishields etc .. he uses a bad 51% (constructed by the hybrid emself with 12 construct) deflectorsanctum or yust he's own deflector when he really needs to get that annoying ppu down .. carefull with the sanctum or you nibbuff yourself ...

(edit: and i yust read antidef also needs 75 mst O.O)

Heavyporker
19-04-05, 16:26
Ehhh.. why such a crap antishelter? Use a condition-capped one. You'll love it so much more.

And frankly, yes, an antishelter's much more sensible for soloing with HL. Unbelivable how much mana the antibuffs take.

sultana
19-04-05, 16:35
Ehhh.. why such a crap antishelter? Use a condition-capped one. You'll love it so much more.

And frankly, yes, an antishelter's much more sensible for soloing with HL. Unbelivable how much mana the antibuffs take.
You mean to whole 40 more?

Heavyporker
19-04-05, 16:37
Only for the Holy Antibuff, IF you have the reqs for it.

If not, you're stuck with the Crahn Antibuff. Go look up how much mana THAT one takes, hmm?

sultana
19-04-05, 16:41
Only for the Holy Antibuff, IF you have the reqs for it.

If not, you're stuck with the Crahn Antibuff. Go look up how much mana THAT one takes, hmm?

Antibuff - Removes heal, shelter and deflector, casts at 10/min and takes 320ish mana to cast
Is it really worth mentioning the normal antibuff? Cause I doubt anyone uses it. Though your right its either the holy antishield or the HaB, when your soloing people say to use the holy antishield cause it's not a rare and "more" replaceable.

Original monk
19-04-05, 17:13

hehe i cant construct an antishelter with my hybridmonk's 12 construct from the boost :P

i was talking about my ppuhybrid and it said deflectorsanctum (the lowest sanctum around, tl 7 orso)

and why 51% ? because then i dont even cap the tl 7 spell :P

no worry's about the other spells :) there all of the best quality and multislotters, i would like to get antishield on my enemy as fast as possible ffcourse, HAB's the same story .. got a few from NC1 left full arty but i dont use em .. the build ones are atleast as good but dont cost a fortune if you loose em :) (not if you have a constructor and a 100 symp chranchar wich has atleast 20 hack)

Tostino
19-04-05, 21:20
Well if you are going for a HL setup with DB and shelter/blessed def then i would ALOWAYS use a HAB. I have a Psi atack 2 on my along with a HL for if i cant get the nib shelter on the ppu. It is not very hard to spec for a HAB over just a notmal holy anti shield. On my hybrid I have 152 APU 61 PPU 87 MST 87 PPW (with PA 3) I take PA off to use Belssed def (if I feel like useing it) and BR3. I get 104/min and 463% damage on HL and 19/min on HAB and I get a psi pool of 363.
Hope this helped.

Heavyporker
20-04-05, 01:22
with the lower req of antishelter, wouldn't you have a faster RoF on it, tostino?

Tostino
20-04-05, 01:23
with the lower req of antishelter, wouldn't you have a faster RoF on it, tostino?
Unless I get a ultima then nope.