PDA

View Full Version : [movie] Storm @ Nc2

MoschMongo
17-04-05, 20:23
//requires latest DivX codec (www.divX.com)
//best quality by using any player EXCEPT WindowsMediaPlayer

This video shows group PvP in NC2. The featured Clan is a German NC2 Clan on Mars called STORM.
You will se exzessive fighting vs friendly factions according to the circumstances when the video was recorded.
(Everybody with PA -except the blue MC Tank "Guts"/ PPU "Bond"- can be regarded as an enemy)

Constructive critism and feedback is welcome. Be polite and don`t flame/troll.

Have fun!

DOWNLOAD MOVIE (http://ftp.storm.obilan.net/mosch/NeocronClanmovie/STORM_final.rar)

Mirror1 (thx @ MistaiX) (http://ncvids.tigersjaw.org/STORM_final.rar)

ps.: Mirrors for D/L are welcome!

Kozmos
17-04-05, 20:26
245MB ?!

O_o

[Edit]hrm nm gettin a stead 1.1mb/s speed anyhow :D

MoschMongo
17-04-05, 20:31
Its about 11Minutes and the fraps records werent THAT good - if i had dropped the codec even more i guess the quality would even suck more.

I used DivX with custom settings.

Kozmos
17-04-05, 20:33
Its about 11Minutes and the fraps records werent THAT good - if i had dropped the codec even more i guess the quality would even suck more.

I used DivX with custom settings.82% now ill let u know what i think, but bear in mind that I used to be in FAnG u dirty STORMies :D

[Edit] Were you the tank ? Oo If you got a aim like that with CS then how the hell did you manage to miss so many shots with the dev ? lol, overall tho, great vid quality but soundtrack was a bit too late 80s rock for me :p

MoschMongo
17-04-05, 21:17
Speed/Trash Metall fits Neocron best imho. We thought about some Techno though but believe me ... it sucked ^^

ino
17-04-05, 23:29
pretty nice vid, very smooth running.

Music speed/thrash metal.. really :)? is that what they call that nowdays, was more modern Heavy Metal alla Manowar stuff. Download a Nepalm Death tune pref the early days thats speed metal :) Thrash metal I cant remember what that sounded like, but a bit more not so clean and melodic I would think.

Tantta
18-04-05, 04:25
Really nice video and i love good frame rates on that :)
Was good to watch and i like the music.
I wish it would be a bit longer thought.

Nvidia
18-04-05, 04:32
Great film... nice job.

One thing though... wouldn't using a modified font and crosshair be considered against KK's rules? ;)

MoschMongo
18-04-05, 06:45
pretty nice vid, very smooth running.

Music speed/thrash metal.. really :)? is that what they call that nowdays, was more modern Heavy Metal alla Manowar stuff. Download a Nepalm Death tune pref the early days thats speed metal :) Thrash metal I cant remember what that sounded like, but a bit more not so clean and melodic I would think.

I don`t know much about those stylistic categories. All i know is that I and most of my fellow CLanmembers like that kind of music :]

Kuya
18-04-05, 11:05
very very very nice

netster
18-04-05, 12:12
nice work mongo!! ich hoffe da kommt bald noch mehr :D

mulle
18-04-05, 12:41
Very nice video. But I don't quite understand why you couldn't compress it better, maybe you should try using XVid?

MoschMongo
18-04-05, 13:06
Very nice video. But I don't quite understand why you couldn't compress it better, maybe you should try using XVid?

Xvid resultet in even HIGHER DataVolume ... i dont get this whole compression stuff!

If someone has knowledge in this are contact me and tell me how to compress better:)

MoschMongo
18-04-05, 13:14
MIRROR2 (thx@MarsFreak from NeoTERM) (http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/neocron/STORM_final.zip)

mulle
18-04-05, 13:50
Xvid resultet in even HIGHER DataVolume ... i dont get this whole compression stuff!

If someone has knowledge in this are contact me and tell me how to compress better:)
Well I wasn't quite sure hehe, I used windows movie maker to compress my video i made a few weeks ago, and it was 7:12 at 100mb aprox with a 2000kps compression (was a .wmv file)

MoschMongo
18-04-05, 13:52
Well I wasn't quite sure hehe, I used windows movie maker to compress my video i made a few weeks ago, and it was 7:12 at 100mb aprox with a 2000kps compression (was a .wmv file)

i used 3000kps compression tried it with .wmv 1000/2000/3000 but divx seemed better in the end quality and "pixel"wise

-FN-
20-04-05, 11:02
Downloaded a copy for the nc.syn VotD - but I have a few questions...

Because of KK's "don't edit shit or we'll eat your children" guidelines - how did you:

A) Change the font?
B) Use some sort of Kill Counter?
C) Use a custom reticle?

Answer those and I'll add it to the line-up :)

mulle
20-04-05, 11:31
Downloaded a copy for the nc.syn VotD - but I have a few questions...

Because of KK's "don't edit shit or we'll eat your children" guidelines - how did you:

A) Change the font?
B) Use some sort of Kill Counter?
C) Use a custom reticle?

Answer those and I'll add it to the line-up :)
To the B) question I'm pretty sure it's just something he added with his video editing tool, not very difficult really