PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs help with changing faction...

nobby
17-04-05, 19:42
Hi, my friend needs advice.
he wants to change his TT char to TG
his TG symp is -10
TT symp 99

he has 100 SL
he wants to keep it that way.
how can he get his TG symp up without losing SL or Symp with the faction?

Kozmos
17-04-05, 20:02
[ edited ]

LOST
17-04-05, 20:09
naughty ;)

tradeskill into CM ... then tradeskill into a doy faction ... then tradeskill into TG.

or find -ve SL runners that are allied..think they dont make you lose your SL but alter FS. (not sure though)

Skusty
17-04-05, 20:17
[ edited ]

Kozmos
17-04-05, 20:28
or find -ve SL runners that are allied..think they dont make you lose your SL but alter FS. (not sure though)
wont work

nobby
17-04-05, 21:24
excuse me...what are all these edits?

Freaky Fryd
17-04-05, 22:04
Idle until positive 10 TG symp
Run rat missions
Run Aggie missions
switch faction to TG

msdong
17-04-05, 22:14
Idle until positive 10 TG symp
Run rat missions
Run Aggie missions
switch faction to TG

to bad u cant take missions of red factions.

he need to go the hard way where he lose tangent symp anyway when leaving his faction

hegemon
17-04-05, 22:18
Idle until he has 10 TG symp (and CM). Do CM missions, switch to CM. Do any other DoY faction missions. Switch to that faction. Do TG missions. Switch to TG.

Or. Just do it the faster way and get red SL and then restore it to 100 with 200 very hard missions.

BradSTL
18-04-05, 06:42
If his TG symp is only down to -10, it should hit a positive 10 in, oh, I think about another 20 hours of online time. Maybe more, I've never clocked it, but certainly within another week's worth of playing. At that point, he can start grinding his way up with missions, rat runs then aggies.

The hard part is going to be staying alive while getting to the recruiter. TG is a hard faction to join that way. You can't go by way of the CityMercs, because TG is hostile to CM. You can't just run for it, because you have to pass all the TG guards in the world. If your friend isn't a stealther, then maybe, just maybe, a capped PPU monk (from a side friendly to TG) can keep them alive long enough to change sides. Maybe.

Bugs Gunny
18-04-05, 07:05
The TG guards are slow to react and miss a lot.

You can run in and change factions if you're fast.

Obsidian X
18-04-05, 13:35
Have the DoY --> NC and NC --> DoY loyalty change missions been implemented yet?

Freaky Fryd
18-04-05, 20:36
to bad u cant take missions of red factions.

Oh, but you can...trust in Freaky...
:D

The Ottoman
18-04-05, 21:33
Oh, but you can...trust in Freaky...
:D

Aha, that's why my Anticity characters see your name so much in local when running around the Dome. :D

First go Citymerc. Once you are in the Dome, switch to Fallen Angels(or any other faction). To do this you can run researchmissions or even go kill aggies or mutants. They are all in the Dome. It will cost you a few cr's since you are switching factions three times but you'll keep your 100sl that way.

Vryce
18-04-05, 23:36
First go Citymerc. Once you are in the Dome, switch to Fallen Angels(or any other faction). To do this you can run researchmissions or even go kill aggies or mutants. They are all in the Dome. It will cost you a few cr's since you are switching factions three time but you'll keep your 100sl that way.

The only problem with this is that CM and TG are enemies; every positive FS gain to CM is matched with a negative FS drop to TG, so, it'll take you a while. :p
Not sure if FA is allied to TG, but I think Crahn might be.

[TgR]KILLER
19-04-05, 01:20
Not sure if FA is allied to TG, but I think Crahn might be.

FA is allied to TG :) so is crahn tho.