PDA

View Full Version : fall damage WTF this is &*%&*%* retarded

THE_TICK!!!!
17-04-05, 07:57
sorry guys but WTF im on my CAPPED ppu and im in mc5 course i get the normal right click bug...bleh np i just need to relog right ??? so the gaurds are shootin me right outside the door...bleh np im a capped ppu i toss a holy heal on myself and jump off the side of the ramp to go to go go........and guess what.........BAM.........i die of fall damage from the fuckin ramp.......... i mean WTF KINDA BULLSHIT IS THIS...mc5 gaurds cant kill me. paradox cant kill me :) but one jump of ten feet and im dead.......d00ds do something, i mean i wreckled my legs jumping out of a rhino, (you cant get out of a rhino if you dont jump) this is rediculous. i seen 3 n00bs die jumping out of a rhino....anyway if you have had similair instinces post em here.

Dr Strange
17-04-05, 08:04
Not as much as an annoying thing that happened as much as funny but;

Took a rhino out touring, ended up in like B05 or something, one of the lower sectors with plenty of Y Reps. Well running away from 3 groups of them, cause in 4 hits they had the Rhino damn near dead, we find "safety" in a very very small minor ditch behind a tree line. So the driver jumps out (a normal spy tradeskiller) and dies. Apparently the ditch was just deep enough to cause fall damage, combined with the low Con of a tradeskilling spy = death. That was just sad I mean, a little itty bitty tap on the ground.

If you ask me damage calculations with the ground + objects needs a rework. Granted a player shouldn't be able to leap off the highest mountains and survive (less a ppu or a ton of health) but some simple mountains or ditches cause way more damage than they should. Same for collison damage on vehicles (ya gotta love spawning a glider to see it TAP a catcus and explode).

Drake6k
17-04-05, 11:18
Near retail start there was fall damage. You couldn't just jump down from the GR room at Grant Mine, people would run and jump off the cliff dying as the attack started, it was realistic. Also I tried to slide down the tall part and broke my legs... which got me killed. Gives terrain some purpose and adds more realism. I liked it.

After kk added server side death that removed fall damage because the damage was client side. The health would just jump back up. (That was the fix for resists being calculated on client side aswell) Anyways this ment people jumped off the top of plaza one, off extremely tall clifs, TH elevators, exc with full health. That was just stupid. Kinda fun but stupid. I remember as a noob my clan went to plaza1 and all sky dived off of the top. We all died, it was extremely funny!

Fall damage from Rhino is new to me but should be fixed. Also instant death after riding the air taxis in Neocron.. Other than tweaks like that... I think the damage is fair.

Selendor
17-04-05, 11:25
If you crash while zoning in the wastelands, especially around the mountain regions, when you log back in you appear in the exact middle of the next zone. This often is down the side of a hill = instant death.

At the very least, KK should check the middle of each zone for this risk and correct where appropriate.

Dying when its not your fault is the most annoying thing in the game, bar none.

whifix
17-04-05, 12:51
My favorite is jumping out of the hovercabs in P1 an dieing when you had full health. Beautiful!

[TgR]KILLER
17-04-05, 12:56
i hate zoning with my reveller on my ppu on some zones you just take like 100 dmg from zoning cause you drop down in your veh lol

l8m0n
17-04-05, 13:16
lol harsh, its gay i know but the devs want it in so they put it in and dont care about what happens to our little bodies :(

CMaster
17-04-05, 14:08
On the flip side, I really don't think that my PE or my bufffedPPU shou;d be able to survive the fall all the way down to the bottom of techaven.

Obsidian X
17-04-05, 14:37
This one happened to me the other day...

I entered Tech Haven from the northern entrance (with the energy core thingy with the water at the bottom). I decided that instead of running all the way round the spiral ramp, I'd just dive to the bottom, thinking that the water would break my fall. No such luck of course. The fall didn't kill me, but left me at critical health, in the water. As my legs were broken, I couldn't swim to the surface of the water and was slowly drowning. Was quite a weird experience.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:
NERF FALL DAMAGE!!1 :D

Tantta
17-04-05, 17:07
I get fall dmg sometimes when i step out of the vechs :lol:

Mr Kot
17-04-05, 18:04
KILLER']i hate zoning with my reveller on my ppu on some zones you just take like 100 dmg from zoning cause you drop down in your veh lol

Which reminds me....one zoneline which is dreadful for that is the one south of DRT towards F-11 (Deveraux). It seems that zoning there puts you to a different height to where you should be, so if you're driving or flying.... avoid that zoneline if u wanna live.

[TgR]KILLER
17-04-05, 18:43
Which reminds me....one zoneline which is dreadful for that is the one south of DRT towards F-11 (Deveraux). It seems that zoning there puts you to a different height to where you should be, so if you're driving or flying.... avoid that zoneline if u wanna live.

i was actually referring to that zoneline :p just din't know the names of the zone out of my head lol. but always go that way with my reveller from drt to cyc and lose 100 hlt on my ppu fully buffed.. its strange :/

E. Cryton
17-04-05, 19:21
tick ...what u deserve is what u get !!!

capt-o
17-04-05, 20:40
I have to admit something is a bit off. Yesterday I went on a walk from NC to Point Red, went over the hill that's next to the building there, as I ran/slid down that hill I hit the lower part of it and died. How do you die sliding down a 45 degree angle? :confused:

This is a /45 character BTW.

CMaster
17-04-05, 20:47
sorry guys but WTF im on my CAPPED ppu and im in mc5 course i get the normal right click bug...bleh np i just need to relog right ??? so the gaurds are shootin me right outside the door...bleh np im a capped ppu i toss a holy heal on myself and jump off the side of the ramp to go to go go........and guess what.........BAM.........i die of fall damage from the fuckin ramp..........

This just happened to me. I got daft lag, tried to jump over the wall - lagged and hit the wall. Got shot, thendied from the fall.

Bugs Gunny
18-04-05, 09:57
Nothing beats scavenging the area around TH with a belthacker :-)

Comie
18-04-05, 10:31
nerf falling damage? way overpowered weapon :P

seriously i also agree that it needs toning down by around 85% its a bit too much

Bugs Gunny
18-04-05, 10:35
It is silly that a tank, who can jump up on the lightpoles of plaza1, dies from sliding 15 meters down a 45% hill.

CMaster
18-04-05, 18:41

You mean in the north sector exit? Where it REGUARLGY drops people on a steep hillside?

COLD
18-04-05, 20:16
Anytime that I've gotten a rightclick bug, I just activate my RPOS and then shut it off again and it fixes it for me...but then again, I always change the function of the right mouse button to my middle mouse button, so it only bothers me when I try to use an item or show info.

Mr Kot
18-04-05, 22:57

I found that a waste of time as it's only low level people that die from that fall in one hit, so they will only drop noobie stuff. High level people carrying the good stuff tend not to die from that fall... even my apu survives.

Seven
18-04-05, 23:22
Try this.

Before you go down a mountain, hill, whatever, turn around and face the mountain\hill and try running up it as you fall, you don't take damage if you do it right.

Once you figure it out after a few times it's easy.

Superbron
19-04-05, 08:22
Nerf falling damage, or give me a jetpack :angel:

bulwerk
21-04-05, 05:06
mm yes falling with a droner after a zone line is pain in the bum but funnie thing abotu fall damage is when ur fighing someone and they run to a zone to live, then when u search the zone for them u find them dead in the middle :lol: good times good times