PDA

View Full Version : city of heros + city of villains

nobby
17-04-05, 01:03
its COV out yet?

what's COH like?
whats the combat system like ect?
how long do you play until it's all the same and boring? >(looks at planetside)>
and monthly fee?

blah blah

is it good!?! :D

my mate want's to get it.

aKe`cj
17-04-05, 01:16
ok.. let's see

CoH is great fun for a few weeks, but then gets boring rapidly.
The gameplay is very smooth but also basic (virtually no items, predefined skill-trees)... the gfx/athmosphere is fantastic as well as the level of detail in that regard.
The big downside is, that although the maps, mobs etc look great and offer a large variety - it's always the same.

select target - hit a few numbers - select target - hit a few numbers....

there is no PvP ingame yet and the hack / slay gets boring quite soon.... but I'd say the game is worth the money compared to the cost of other, non mmorpg games, although it's by far not as addictive as nc ;)

/e:
I dont know about the US, but for europe I expect CoV to be released Q4/2005 or early 2006 ...thats when I'll reactivate my acc and have a look again ;)

[TgR]KILLER
17-04-05, 01:26
saw coh at some lanparty a few months ago.. this guy was playing it alot lol.. totally hooked.. they went on some mission with alot of guys.. room with like 30 npc's shooting them.. and loads of spells and stuff going off was totally nuts :p

Obsidian X
17-04-05, 02:03
I played CoH in open Beta, and it was great fun when I first played it. Great looking, attention to detail etc. However, the same old mobs and missions get boring, I wasn't keen on the simplicity of the skills system and at the end of the day, PvE gets so damn boring (plus the combat system gets tedious too). All in all I'd say its not the sort of thing a lot of NC players would be looking for.

But hey what the hell do I know, I'd advise anyone to take the free trial (if it has one) :)

nobby
17-04-05, 04:37
so no pvp???
damn.......
oh well city of villians could sound goodie!

slight change of subject:
anyone played WW2 online?

Pungent77
17-04-05, 05:12
so no pvp???
damn.......
oh well city of villians could sound goodie!

slight change of subject:
anyone played WW2 online?
Yeah I played WW2 online.....any questions? I could probably help ya

nobby
17-04-05, 05:14
well any good...blah blah!

Archy
18-04-05, 00:11
wwiionline has the best pvp in any mmo's on the market.

Pungent77
18-04-05, 00:49
WWII online is decent, can be hard as hell, graphics are outdated compared to todays MMO's.

You play either Axis or Allies, you can play various infantry types, tanks, airplanes, and boats etc. Nothing feels better than running enemies over in an armored vehicle.

The mission objectives depends on what the mission poster wants done.
Defend the city, defend the forward bases, destroy foward bases and capture cities etc.

I have had fun with WWII online since early 2000, it's not for everyone....but worth a try if you are an open-minded gamer.

Brammers
18-04-05, 02:08
CoH - Played it during their European Beta, and really did like it. However real life, and that addictive stuff known as Neocrack, meant I didn't get back onto it. :D

Anyway, the CoH European Beta was VERY polished. No FRE's or graphics glitches, and the costume/character designer will keep anyone busy for hours coming up with silly outfits. :)

Leveling, well it's not too difficult, I got to Level 7 in a weeks on-off leveling. The missions are excellent, but you do need a sidekick for some of the harder missions, which adds to the fun.

As for CoV, it's a chance to play a bad guy. :eek: I think they are planning on adding a PvP element with it as well, but I'm not sure how or when.

Jesterthegreat
18-04-05, 13:32
fun at first... boring soon.

i got it, havent even lasted the free trial.

its amusing... but doesnt hold my interest.

hell i reinstalled UO on friday and played it almost all weekend ;)

Capt. Rik
18-04-05, 16:55
fun at first... boring soon.

i got it, havent even lasted the free trial.

its amusing... but doesnt hold my interest.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I wanted to give it more time, it really is a novel idea and was good fun whilst i played it but it's gets seriously repetetive...

oh and... *cough*
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122227

:D :lol: :p

Jesterthegreat
19-04-05, 13:38
That pretty much sums it up for me. I wanted to give it more time, it really is a novel idea and was good fun whilst i played it but it's gets seriously repetetive...

oh and... *cough*
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122227

:D :lol: :p

saw it and posted on it ages ago

:p

Capt. Rik
19-04-05, 13:45
Yup :D Just thought i'd bring it up again :p

Jesterthegreat
19-04-05, 13:53
i prefered making silly robots (tiny tiny robot tanker) and skantily clad ladies...

Capt. Rik
19-04-05, 14:13
i prefered making silly robots (tiny tiny robot tanker) and skantily clad ladies...

lol!! :lol:

nobby
22-04-05, 21:33
ah well, my mate gave me the "sidekick" free trial.
I think it's great!
and next month PVP is coming!
they're having a coloseum (me cant spell) and u can have battles, clan wars blah blah and get XP for it too!

you can go onto the test server to try it now!

here are my chars!

1st one was rushed and looks shit. So i made a Rifle char :p