PDA

View Full Version : Health cap?

Superbron
16-04-05, 22:16
Hi,

Just wondering if I should put more points to health. Is there a cap? Is there a flip-over point? Can somebody help please?

Greetz,

Tidus_Origin
16-04-05, 22:23
The most amount of health any character can have is 595. And as you can guess, tanks are the only class that even get close. For tanks, at least, its about 150 in body health to get 595 health.

But going that high is utterly pointless.

For each class, a good basic total health is:

Spies/monks - 350-375 with buffs
PEs - 425-440 with buffs
Tanks - 500+ with buffs

But what health you do give ur character is entirely up to you. The above values are just a basic guide.

Kozmos
16-04-05, 22:27
For each class, a good basic total health is:

Spies/monks - 350-375 with buffs
PEs - 425-440 with buffs
Tanks - 500+ with buffs

But what health you do give ur character is entirely up to you. The above values are just a basic guide.
erm...

Spies at 375 HP ? O_o

PE's at 440 ? That a HC PE with moveon and marine ?

And when you say buffs, you on about self buffs or PPU buffs ?

IceStorm
16-04-05, 22:35
Spies at 375 HP ?Well, he said with buffs. Can a Spy not reach 375HP with buffs? My main is at around 300 with his little level 1 resist booster self-buff. I'm pretty sure my combat spy is higher.

Kozmos
16-04-05, 22:48
Well, he said with buffs. Can a Spy not reach 375HP with buffs? My main is at around 300 with his little level 1 resist booster self-buff. I'm pretty sure my combat spy is higher.Ask Tupac about the spies that me and parasite used to have, drilled us with 18 CS bursts to finish our spies off while we were standing there just taking the hits, our spies had little over 300 health self buffed

And my PE's always have around 380 HP tops buffed...

Unless the guy above is presuming you take a melee/haz3 PPU buff those numbers above seem high, and for health to be that high, your resists are low

on another note, his tank health seems low, my tank has 497 unbuffed, goes to 578 with PPU buffs

E. Cryton
16-04-05, 23:47
Well, he said with buffs. Can a Spy not reach 375HP with buffs? My main is at around 300 with his little level 1 resist booster self-buff. I'm pretty sure my combat spy is higher.

my spy had 440 hlt (with beast) before i lomed ... now he has around 380, and its quite good.

a low tech pe can have ~500 hlt (4 drugs) and still have awesome resists...

ino
16-04-05, 23:48
To answer the question.

I think 578 health is the cap of health arround 145 points in hlt base or with buffs/implants. When you reach that points in health would be pointless.

Hmm maby it can go higher :) I forgot I used a filter2 on the tank in neoskiller. If you put a exp heart2 you can get 600 hp according to that one, but the more con points you have the higher the bonus of health goes to what I understand. Points above 156 doesnt seem to add more hlt either.

Jesterthegreat
17-04-05, 00:10
595 is cap.

balancing health vs resists is personal.

more resists = good for CS etc, more gealth = good for rev etc.

locational and non-locational damage respectively.

[TgR]KILLER
17-04-05, 01:20
Spies at 375 HP ? O_o

PE's at 440 ?

And when you say buffs, you on about self buffs or PPU buffs ?

yea i was wondering about what he was on about to.. both my monks monks of people i can log and other people i know all got just over 400 hlt buffed.. and my pe doesn't even get 400 :p and the tank i can log has 500 hlt with self buffs already.. i think he even hits cap with ppu buffs.

Dribble Joy
17-04-05, 01:39
more resists = good for CS etc, more gealth = good for rev etc.
Huh?

The balance between all resists (or rather, total armour) and hp matters the same for all types of dmg.
Unless I am completely out of the loop.

edit//
If we are talking about dmg at low hp (100 and less), then the difference between burst/locational/projectile weapons and ray/laser/beam weapons is indeed big.

Kozmos
17-04-05, 01:51
Huh?

The balance between all resists (or rather, total armour) and hp matters the same for all types of dmg.
Unless I am completely out of the loop.jestah means that CS is percentile location based damage, IE hit a location that is alreay blacked out, then youll see really low damage come off etc, for example, my tank at full health might take 70-80 from a full CS burst, yet when my tak is at 80 HP, youll see my tank take maybe 20 damage from a full burst...
Yet with a rav or a healing light that is non location damage, it will do roughly the same damage nomatter what my HP is at... you know what I mean ? Ray rifles and pistols etc are non location for example

Edit, yea u got it

Dribble Joy
17-04-05, 01:53
It's not just because they are blacked out, like I said, the way locational weapons take dmg is different.

Bugs Gunny
17-04-05, 01:58
I go for low health setups on my spies, monks, pe's. But i go for high health 595 with ppu buff setup on tanks.

Dr Strange
17-04-05, 08:07
so 595 is the cap in a tanks health, roughly?

um, why?

i mean if a 100 skill levels in any one skill tree is open to be placed anywhere you want, if I choose to place all my skill points into HLT then with imps and buffs I should be allowed more than the cap.

remote rhizom
17-04-05, 17:59
Whats about the health formula for hacknet ?

Health = INT 10% + HCK 30% + HLT 60%
So its reasonable for Spys to skill lot of HLT, specially if they`re pure Hacker.

LOST
17-04-05, 19:05
as stated 595 is cap.

my tank has 530 unbuffed....obviously caps with haz and melee3...comes close with a basic 1 and melee1.

but still has some pretty **£^3 good resists. -which is with your Hshelter of course...no one can have good resists without a shelter, even a tl25 makes a huge diff..

why should you be able to have as much health as you want ?? thats silly.
there is a cap on everything !!! it limits, and sets characters...dont take as many drugs :p

Freaky Fryd
17-04-05, 20:07
I go for low health setups on my spies, monks, pe's. But i go for high health 595 with ppu buff setup on tanks.

Yeah, same here...
I have 234 health pool, self-buffed on my rifle spy.

remote rhizom
17-04-05, 23:24
So its reasonable for Spys to skill lot of HLT, specially if they`re pure Hacker.
Ok, perhaps it is reasonable for Spys to skill low hlt.
And i have to rephrase it as question.
Is it reasonable for Hacker-Spys to skill high health ?

=REMUS=
18-04-05, 03:53
as a guide since the one given was shit, assumeing the charecter is capped:

Tank: 550 self buffed if you want a non ppu based set up.
PE: 350 depending on if your set up for haz/heat 1 or basic 2
Spy: 250
Monk: 400 inc ppu buffs which lets face it all monks should be set up for & maybe a little more if your a ppu.

This is based on my nc1 knowlage.

Jesterthegreat
18-04-05, 13:21
as a guide since the one given was shit, assumeing the charecter is capped:

Tank: 550 self buffed if you want a non ppu based set up.
PE: 350 depending on if your set up for haz/heat 1 or basic 2
Spy: 250
Monk: 400 inc ppu buffs which lets face it all monks should be set up for & maybe a little more if your a ppu.

This is based on my nc1 knowlage.

health / balance is different from person to person... i saw no "shit" advice...

=REMUS=
18-04-05, 21:04
well I did.

mulle
18-04-05, 21:21
well I did.
Dunno seemed pretty decent to me, I even have 400+ HPs on meh spy