PDA

View Full Version : My first experience as a driver.

Tantta
16-04-05, 03:51
Lommed my spy droner for while ago to barter/driver because i got really bored on droners.

Have been lomming couple of days every now and then and im almost done by now.

I did buy couple of scout keys with pretty decent price and went to outzone subway station..
waiting my si goes off etc..

I was pretty excited about "yesh soon i can test scouts at first time its gonna be fun :D".
right, i went out. spawned my first scout and it blowed up right away :eek:.. ok back to go to gogo and activated another one.
went out, spawned another one and again it blowed up before i even saw the scout.

Well, not sure what i should think about this.
but im a little disappointed about what happened.

Is this normal and does it happend to other players too?

Tantta (Thantos)

*sorry about bad english language* :angel:

aKe`cj
16-04-05, 04:07
I've seen that happen once... more common to me are the situations where the glider just sinks through the ground or, due to the fact that a the gliders always move forward when being spawned, seeing them 'drive' right into the ASG-terminal, crashing down do 40%.

Once you spawn them you gotta be reeeally fast hopping in...takes a little practice to zone safely too ..overall a very expensive hobby ;)

Tantta
16-04-05, 04:27
overall a very expensive hobby ;)
and only because of bugs. damn :lol:

i really enjoyed my time when i was flying at first time. even thought i was scared "i probably blow this thing up again" but i didnt.

Clive tombstone
16-04-05, 04:38
Heres the solution, REMOVE COLLISION DAMAGE! jeez. who cares if it removes from realism, man. Most of the places you take off from near an ASG arnt even made for a runway. Honestly, I hope KK adds like a run-way near the entrances of the major city, almost like a mini-air field, with its own asg terminals.

Sorry for ranting like that, I pilot those babies too, and its just so damned disapointing to see them go like that.

PEace out

BradSTL
16-04-05, 08:56
Boy, did you pick the wrong first vehicle. You should have looked at some of the many threads about how awful and expensive it is to learn to fly gliders.

msdong
16-04-05, 09:28
use old crahn hq ASG to launch.
blow up is not a bug :D - they are just need some plain landscape to start. Outzone station ASG is as bad as the TH ASG.

learn from it and let yorself rebuild the gliders by research>recycle>reconstruct. next time have more fun and stay away from the roof of the world.

*reminds me to send NEXT a note to stop their spaceship programm because it will crash on the sky :)*

Skusty
16-04-05, 12:47
What's the deal with Gliders and bombers...they dont resist anything, they no use for op combat, i would like a Attackheli and transport heli that u can see 1st person and fire rockets and machines :D Or a bomber plane that bombs in thousands :lol: With medium resists

aKe`cj
16-04-05, 13:31
What's the deal with Gliders and bombers...they dont resist anything, they no use for op combat

They're pure style.. thats the deal :)

The Glider is very, very fast (and fun to fly)... if it wasnt for the high req's I'd fly it 24h/7 - if collision damage gets removed it'll become very popular in short time...

The bombers do deal quite a lot of damage, if it wasnt for the POORLY DESIGNED usability: pilot cant see shit due to looking on the plane from above - there is no "auto-hover" option to allow you looking arround... this, together with the weapon-aim is the #1 reason they are not used. They could be great... well... next year maybe ;)

i would like a bomber plane that bombs in thousands :lol: With medium resists

haha... yes wouldnt it be great to just press DEL and kill everyone in the zone? THATS the type of PvP that makes NC interesting - pure skill :o

oh.. and I really hope they do change a bit 'bout the flying-vehcs... they spent a lot of time to get them ingame .. now they should take care that ppl actually (can) use em.

- drop costs drasticly OR
- remove collision-damage
- lower the req's a little (just a little!) :)
- do something about the bomber perspective

= win

sanityislost
16-04-05, 13:51
@aKe`cj

Rawr....agree with ya 100% on all of that.

HoiHoi Fix the gliders! plz?

SiL ..:..

[TgR]KILLER
16-04-05, 14:23
What's the deal with Gliders and bombers...they dont resist anything, they no use for op combat

it wasn't me who destroyed 40 turrets over the last days :angel:

BOMBS AWAY !

hihi :D

bombers are fun.. not to fly tho :p can't manover them for shit and yes they blow up god damn fast..

- to the topic starter.. you shoulnd't really try and take off from nc oz gate anyway :p not the best place to spawn flying vehicles.. thats 1 good thing about the dome i think. most asg's around the dome have alot of space to take off from.. or old tg canyon asg.

Clive tombstone
16-04-05, 16:49
KILLER']it wasn't me who destroyed 40 turrets over the last days :angel:

BOMBS AWAY !

hihi :D

bombers are fun.. not to fly tho :p can't manover them for shit and yes they blow up god damn fast..

- to the topic starter.. you shoulnd't really try and take off from nc oz gate anyway :p not the best place to spawn flying vehicles.. thats 1 good thing about the dome i think. most asg's around the dome have alot of space to take off from.. or old tg canyon asg.

Well, sorry for being Pro-city and owning a glider :D The hover class of glider are really in trouble near the gates of NC and outzonne as well, since the darn things spawn in that little "gultch" thing with all the trees in it.

Personally I agree totally with the changes wanted for the gliders (and Id expect the reqs for all gliders to drop by at least 10, since apperently, the TL of vehicles really Doesnt affect the over-all requirments (IE The rihno being TL 98, and only Reqs 30 int, and dont gimme a RP speech saying "planes should be hard to fly", Have you seen how hard its to pilot a tank? jees) :D

PEace out

enigma_b17
16-04-05, 18:26
takin off isnt my problem its crashing into the sky/random mmobs and stupid things like a blade of grass which blows it up

Heavyporker
16-04-05, 18:37
I take off from NC gate and TH ASGs just fine. You just need some experience. Start with scout gliders to get gliding experience, then try out the assault glider. While advanced glider's quite useful in its own way, you really want to try the advanced assault glider to REALLY see how powerful the glider line is.

Anyways, Gliders are very fun and effective in their own ways. Gliders are one of the best modes of transportation, barring a hoverbike and a topological map. A glider can take you where absolutely no other ground vehicle can, period. You want to go over the mountains without having to grind your tires into the dirt? Go gliding. You want to go over water? Go gliding. You want to go faster than anything else ingame? Go gliding, and keep the afterburners on. You want to cause chaos on the ground because they can't get target lock on a very fast-moving target? Go gliding, and bring plenty of ammo.

A good assault glider pilot can take out ground vecs, no problem. Taking out a hoverbomber or hovercarrier isn't really even a hard thing, unless that hovervehicle has a good pilot/gunner team that knows what they're doing (turn hovervehicle around to let gunner target glider, keep tracking the glider, don't bother targeting pilot)

Hoverbomber's very difficult to manuever well, but quite powerful. It'll take a little punishment, but there ARE anti-air rockets, you know. Not to mention another glider can savage another glider or hovervehicle.

Bugs Gunny
18-04-05, 09:55
I loved seeing Beggar Jeggar and Cadeo use their vehicles in the op wars last night.

The sight of the assault gliders circling Hawkings was phenomenal.
I was at the hackterm and every now and then i could hear them screech by the building.