PDA

View Full Version : Player possition question

Clive tombstone
16-04-05, 02:31
Ive noticed for a long time now that players positions dont seem to udate right for some reason, is there a way for me to fix this on my computer? Aslo I seem to get a fair amount of crashes, but The file intergrity check brings up nothing, can anyone help me out here?

aKe`cj
16-04-05, 02:52
Did you run a tracert to one of the NC-Servers?
No?: - run cmd "tracert 62.140.29.50" & look for bottlenecks
- run cmd "ping 62.140.29.50" see if packets are delayed or dropped

If thats the reason you might want to spend some time on checking your network-setup / inet provider.

That kind of lag 'can' also occur due to sys. ressources being very low.

If nothing helps (make sure you've 100% ruled out the above), try this (no guarantee it will work):

- open file " ..\neocron\ini\net.ini"
- find line 38 "set net_playerupdtime 2.0"
- lower the value a little bit

...I'd strongly recommend not to play arround with the majority of the available settings unless you want to fuck up your client ;)

aint working?
the crew of tech@neocron.com is surely looking forward to solve your problem :p

Clive tombstone
16-04-05, 04:39
How do I do those commands you talk about?

aKe`cj
16-04-05, 04:52
How do I do those commands you talk about?

assuming you run Win-XP,

- open the start-menu ( example (http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/WinXP/images/startmenu.jpg) )
- select "RUN"
- type in "cmd"
- press enter
.. a console window will pop up .. and thats where you type in
"tracert IP" + enter
and
"ping IP" + enter :angel:

Dr Strange
16-04-05, 07:17
Nothing to really worry about.

It's simple player interpolation with the server. It's more annoying than anything else, though at times it's crucial to be fully synched in right.

You'll notice other players flying through the air by simply walking forward. Or if in an indoor dungeon, one may be stuck in the upper corner of a room. Or invisible mobs that you don't see, but they are hurting you, and other players can see them.

Most times a simple relog will fix them. But as dude above said check the hops and ping times to the servers.

Scanner Darkly
16-04-05, 23:34
Oops I read that as "player posession" - thought this was gonna be a spooky thread :confused:

[TgR]KILLER
17-04-05, 01:24
din't see it happen to me in aaaages.. last time was in nc1 in plaza 1 when i got the player thing.

now today in TH2.. i logged in.. was normal.. then was kicked to the other side of TH2. then everything went white around the whole world. and i got player position reset shit :s strange.

vashtyphoon78
28-04-05, 17:54
sup clive finally figured out how to post :lol: BUT

what always worked for me is when i kept crashing just exitting and running diskdefag+cleanup and it usually make me crash free for a few days.