PDA

View Full Version : Moving Chars cross server?

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 12:10
Would you like to see the option of moving characters cross server?
Where you just keep your implants, armor and quickbelt and all your cash.

This at a certain fee per character and via a webinterface like the one there is now

netster
15-04-05, 12:18
sure that, bro! :D finally my rifle spy can be attached to FF :>

Fafhrd
15-04-05, 12:36
Would like it, but limit equipment and cash like KK did when transfering chars from nc1.

LTA
15-04-05, 12:46
Yes... i can save my pandore chars then and put em to good use not alot for them to be doing as it stands... and since i bodged the first transfer up i wont get a another shot to sort

Should only be able to do it once every 6 months or something tho not whenever ya please

hegemon
15-04-05, 12:48
Fantasticly biased poll options. Look like they come straight from the ministry of propaganda of some totalitarian country. I would have voted "no, but if it was implemented I might use it to store away characters that I don't want to remove, but don't play at the moment for some reason".

I don't think cross-server transfers should be implemented, mostly because I don't like transfers and character purchases at all. It creates people who suddenly have powerful characters in an environment that they don't know. The leveling process is not supposed to be just a boring, painful grinding process that's in the game just because everyone else has it. The leveling process is a way for new players to learn and adapt to the social structures, traditions, taboos, etc. of the game they are in.

In this case Neocron is almost perfect, since the better you know people and the more you know the game and the people in it, the faster you level. A complete noob might spend 2-3 month before he has a character ready for pvp, someone who knows the game and has the resources and friend to help him can get a character viable for fights in a few days.

Dr Strange
15-04-05, 12:58
It'd be a little pointless atm

I mean in the last few weeks alot of Pandore has been playing on Terra. While it'd benefit them to transfer a character over, they've already got one or more in the works on Terra (the ones who are playing on Terra now).

Mars and Mercury would be strange. I'd assume you'd have to do limitations on that, it'd be a little unfair to say roll a character on the 4 slot server and have friends/clanmates stock him up as he levels and then transfer him to the 1 slot server where it'd take longer to do cause you've got just the 1 slot not everyone would have a tradeskiller or hunting guru for mass cash/item grinding.

I'd like to see either A) server condensing or B) a North American (English) server.

If A is done, then you'd double the population for the german players. You could accomodate on slots, meet in the middle: 2 slots. Pandore well, that'd be tricky. I know the French have their funny law about having a seperate thing specifically for French speaking citizens and support in French if the game is to be sold there (however if they forewent a box sale in France, I'm sure they could surpass that law internationally since the French would have to purchase it online but thats another subject). Either way you'd have 3 servers, so you could free up bandwidth on server #4 which would free up money and resources KK uses. These could be put to better use such as paying for more staff, paying for over time to fix game crucial bugs like Fatal Runtime Errors, or put up a new Test Server.

If B is done, it'd be kind of the above. I'd like to transfer my character to an English server. While Terra has support in English only, and the majority of the player base is English, I do get very frustrated when I go to hunt and find the party in that area is 3 or 4 german speaking players whom I cannot communicate with. Sure most seem to be bilingual, just seems fair to me. I'm also not personally used to playing a foreign game, which I do enjoy obviously, just I am used to servers being in America (I'd kill for my 50 ping :( )