PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Niddy and Holger

Dribble Joy
15-04-05, 02:21
Through my various wanderings I have found this.

I have no idea why this hasn't been mentioned yet. I've been told that it's ok to post this. So here goes.

Clickage. (http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5725)

Though publicity is publicity and NC needs all it can grasp with every drom smelling feeler, I would have thought that somewhere more populated (like IGN) would have been better.

Eddie
15-04-05, 02:31
Hmm.. that interview looks really familiar from somewhere...

And here's another I found.. not too sure if it's new either..

http://www.cgonline.com/content/view/670/2/

Link originally gotten from MMORPG.com

Neither tell us anything particularly new tho.. but publicity is always good!

Eddie

athon
15-04-05, 09:33
Have you spotted the release date on the first interview:
release: 2005/Q3 (already out in Germany)

Looks like we're in for a long wait - not that it matters to me since I can't currently renew my subscription due to the now classic C2P / KK combo.

Athon Solo

Selendor
15-04-05, 15:19
Neocron is a strong brand, which represents a very special game concept in a very special game world. Because of this we will keep developing Neocron. The first step will be an add-on development strategy for Neocron 2

I see. How about you finish the last 'add on', known as Neocron 2, before you start charging for a new one eh guys?

Fafhrd
15-04-05, 15:53
The first step will be an add-on development strategy for Neocron 2

Unless they had "patches" on their mind, this really freaks me out. What is going on inside the kk-masterminds? Do you really think the people playing right now are willing to finance another "addon"?

The next patch has to be a real mind-blowing, super-duper patch or Neocron2: Beyond Dome of York is otherwise going down the drain.

Only moaning and flaming on the german-forum, no outlook for new players. The english server at least can hope that the int-release (whenever it's going to arrive) will bring some new runners.

Nidhogg
15-04-05, 17:11
I see. How about you finish the last 'add on', known as Neocron 2, before you start charging for a new one eh guys?
I think we can all agree that when a MMORPG developer stops planning future content (and I'm talking major new content here) then that developer is no longer interested in its game. People have asked what's to happen to the game and the storyline now that BDoY is here - well, Holger's statement is the first indication that we have some great plans for the future. :) Naturally, in the meantime we have to work hard to make Neocron 2 a success.

N

Selendor
15-04-05, 18:16
Heheh, nice response, you missed your calling as a Spin Doctor for Labour.

Animated
15-04-05, 19:56
Perhaps Tokyo II is where the Asian release will be based?

athon
15-04-05, 20:18
I think we can all agree that when a MMORPG developer stops planning future content (and I'm talking major new content here) then that developer is no longer interested in its game. People have asked what's to happen to the game and the storyline now that BDoY is here - well, Holger's statement is the first indication that we have some great plans for the future. :) Naturally, in the meantime we have to work hard to make Neocron 2 a success.

N
But an MMORPG developer who spends time planning future storylines and improvements to the detriment of those currently announced / needed is an idiot - and will likely fail. Despite the good job on the side of communications that Nidhogg has been doing, there are still some important issues which need sorting right NOW - not least of which is C2P.

Athon Solo

Netphreak
16-04-05, 00:52
But an MMORPG developer who spends time planning future storylines and improvements to the detriment of those currently announced / needed is an idiot - and will likely fail. Despite the good job on the side of communications that Nidhogg has been doing, there are still some important issues which need sorting right NOW - not least of which is C2P.

Athon Solo

Sortting the C2P issue is simple, allow people the option to pay using worldpay like they used to for NC1.

And I have to sortta agree with the rest of what Athlon said, I most vets have been waiting for along time for NC to finally progress to make it worth playing again.