PDA

View Full Version : Highest ppu-spell to use?

Superbron
14-04-05, 11:54
Hi,

Anybody have suggestions on what max TL ppu-spell I should use? Is the Crahn Holy Catharsis really something usefull or can I better spend the MST in PPU or PPW?

Greetz,

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 12:15
It's useless, go up to 85 mst, spend the rest in ppw

Superbron
14-04-05, 12:29
Thanks, what does the Crahn Holy Cath. do anyway? Does it have a purpose?

netster
14-04-05, 12:30
it removes poison stacks, dmg boost and freeze.

Superbron
14-04-05, 12:32
So it is usefull? :confused:

Ultazha
14-04-05, 12:38

and fire dots ;)

netster
14-04-05, 12:38
yes it is, at least i think so... most times used in opfights for unshitting apus, personally i only use antipara+antipor on myself, dmgboost i ignore on all of my fightchars.
its not a question, if HolyCath is worth 260 mana in compare to Holy Antiparalyse with 42 mana + Holy Antidote with 46 mana + Holy Damageblocker with 109 mana + TIME to cast them all on yourself or your mate.

Ultazha
14-04-05, 12:44
Holy Catha can be useful for small team raid when the ppu is shot by several APUs who use stack-spam.

Almost useless i have to admit.

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 12:46
For antipara i cary drugs on my ppu.Antidamageboost i don't use, as most of the time everyone has a damageboost on them anyway.
As for the antipoison, my ppu outheals all poisonstacks, including when db'ed.
And any well set up apu with a ppu shouldn't die from that either.
So, it is indeed a useless spell. The sanctum was good, especialy for leveling teams.

netster
14-04-05, 12:47
it helped me lots times to safe my ass up, but i agree, its free try to use it. but with an attacking group of Apus, i would stay just use Heal, Shelter, Antipor.

Fafhrd
14-04-05, 13:20
Imho the carthasis spells are not cast fast enough to be of any use when doing pvp. For the most time you'll just want to cast the anti-para spell.

Pvm wise i'd say stick to the anti-poison spell as that is using only medium amount of mana.

RogerRamjet
14-04-05, 22:47
Last time i cast a cath it removed DB and that was it :wtf:

Morganth
15-04-05, 14:39
Holy Cartharsis is pretty pointless imho. It requires a huge amount of psi, and as stated if they are spamming it there is no point. I have never found a use for anti-DB, so I never use it. I use anti-poison so I can see my S/D (poison doesn't exactly hurt - even from a Dev), and anti-para is standard.

Holy Carth Sanctum was the only real use of the Holy Carth lines, and even though taking the individual debuffs with you requires more belt slots, the psi drain is less, and they cast a lot faster making them more efficient and useful.

And on the topic of high level PPU spells, Truesight only seems to be useful to me for boosting my rank to its 93/64 status, as I find that unless the stealther is standing still then it doesn't work. Might just be me, but oh well.

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 14:42
Oh, it works allright, but it just has a small range. The trick is to parashock the spy, then bring the truesight to him.

SovKhan
15-04-05, 18:16
when SvK was a ppu i only speced enough mst to use holy rez, this was back when cath sanct was in game however so i could not even use that spell, never found it to be very usefull since it never removed the db and para instantly when you were inside the sanct. anyway im sure that its not to much different now.

Morganth
16-04-05, 10:27
when SvK was a ppu i only speced enough mst to use holy rez, this was back when cath sanct was in game however so i could not even use that spell, never found it to be very usefull since it never removed the db and para instantly when you were inside the sanct. anyway im sure that its not to much different now.

I used Carth Sanct in NC1 whenever we were fighting uneven numbers, when I came out of the UG solo to scout around, or when I was the last person alive and the plan was to leave. I know what you mean though, you'd get hit by a para, feel the effects for a second or so before it got removed. It did a nice job on poison though, removing it so fast even with 2 Devs on me I could still see my S/D.

Hopefully they bring it back as a WoC item, as it would probably be very useful at removing paraspam. Perhaps they should bring in a Holy Anti-Paralysis Sanctum, or just remove the damn thing.

Original monk
16-04-05, 11:29
Hopefully they bring it back as a WoC item, as it would probably be very useful at removing paraspam. Perhaps they should bring in a Holy Anti-Paralysis Sanctum, or just remove the damn thing.

Amen ! i say i say Amen !