PDA

View Full Version : suspicion of how NeoFrag really works... and the root of some their problems

Heavyporker
13-04-05, 21:40
I've been looking over decks in Neofrag.. and a thought struck me...

What if all the Neofrags are located in one server, and slots are portioned out to all the decks, so might be why one deck has 10 slots for 10 runners open, others only 2 or 3 slots open, and some decks are completely shut (0 slots available). 00:00 thing resets this and the slots are reapportioned out again, which might be why some decks have their slots changing from time to time.

This may be a big contributor to lag too, since the slot apportionage might also limit alloted resources for the server to deal out in managing that deck...

Just a thought, really. I wonder what the coders/ server admins might think of this.

[VP]Orion
14-04-05, 02:28
Im not KK but why would they have designed NF to portonate out the slots? Instead of just set a max according to what they thing the max should be for that map. That would be really stupid.

I think that its just some dumb bug somewhere since it worked in NC1. Well, atleast getting into the maps. You still had more lag there than outside but thats another issue.

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 07:59
when someone dies with more than 3 drugs on theyt have to relog.

that char relogging isnt taken into account as "leaving" (maybe cos he's dead... i dunno).

idiots who drug to the gills fuck up neofrag.

eprodigy
14-04-05, 08:38
is that more then 3 drugs, or 3 or more drugs ? i crashed on death the other day in nf but i only died once so im not sure if it was my 3 drugs or what.. (need a third drug since hes only got 55 con ;))

either way about the decks.. deck1-2 on both neofrags seem to work good and they are pretty the ones that count.....

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 09:19
My god, people actualy play with less than 3 drugs?
I'm constantly poor and half the time i'm csting drugs for my combat alts.
Hell, what makes me go bankrupt is my addiction to green dragon.

Phlith
14-04-05, 10:01
Well.. if anyone knows me, im a neofrag junkie.. i used to live their 24/7, and i believe the NF decks are on a different server with different rules. IE, UT deathmatch rules.. and also the fact that if you kill self and log out of neofrag, you can log onto a different char on that same account instantly.. why? cuz its on a different server i think.

Original monk
14-04-05, 10:39
IE, UT deathmatch rules...

i wish :/ last 5 times i went to neofrag there was duels going on ...

is falling asleep cause of boredom also a form of being pwned ? :)

Cerbious
14-04-05, 12:03
idiots who drug to the gills fuck up neofrag.

i remeber a certain pistol spy, u used to 'drug up to the gills' like maxium number of drugs for ur set up lol.. u then spent most ur time in Neofrag trying to prove ur spy's worthyness :P

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 12:12
Any spy who's not on at LEAST 3 drugs won't live long out of stealth.
I pop 4 drugs half the time, and as long as you use the 10 minute drugs it's not too bad. I wish they made all drugs last longer, or make them cheaper to buy.
But indeed i always have to log out in neofrag, I can't rightclick to respawn

mulle
14-04-05, 12:26
i wish :/ last 5 times i went to neofrag there was duels going on ...

is falling asleep cause of boredom also a form of being pwned ? :)
Do you ever do anything but whine about ppl in NF not playing your kind of game?

Original monk
14-04-05, 12:48
Do you ever do anything but whine about ppl in NF not playing your kind of game?

euh, lemme think ... euh ... well ! ... euh ... NOPEZ :D

i also whine about alot of other things tough :angel:

when i really notice that there are of them boring duels going on instead of everyone shooting eachother in total chaos then i yust leave and go find some other more fun spot mulle, i aint start to harras everyone and try to bully the duels these people enjoy themselves with...

i do ask em why they dont feel the urge to yust start keeling all over the place .. answer is: CAUSE WHERE DOING DUELS FFCOURSE, DUHH !!! o_O (while they look at me like: whats youre IQ bro ?) NOW DONT SHOOT ME NOMORE !!!! (this after i entered and casted 1 stack on someone, IN NF LOL) ... ffcourse i yust leave the place ..

...doesnt mean i cant say on the forum that these pre-arranged duels bring you faster to sleep then 50mg rohypnol IV ...

now dont go whining about my whines nomore :)

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 12:51
Nothing beats teaming up and having a ppu to rez, for practicing pvp and testing setups.

CMaster
14-04-05, 13:21
Eh, I swear monks are a bit buggy in there. Lots and lots of the "big fish little fish". Still yeah, we had a good go and working on PvP with PPUs in there recentley.

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 14:04
i remeber a certain pistol spy, u used to 'drug up to the gills' like maxium number of drugs for ur set up lol.. u then spent most ur time in Neofrag trying to prove ur spy's worthyness :P

man... when my spy was pistol he used a lib and was to low to even shelter :p

:Edit: @ bugs... i disagree totally.

no class needs more than 2 drugs when capped, unless you have a crazy setup.

a while back i made a pe defences spy setup and posted it somewhere... it used 2 drugs, had no poison and about the same health my PE had for years (high 300's). that was 2 drugs, the same 2 i take on my PE.

jini
14-04-05, 16:55
man... when my spy was pistol he used a lib and was to low to even shelter :p

:Edit: @ bugs... i disagree totally.

no class needs more than 2 drugs when capped, unless you have a crazy setup.

a while back i made a pe defences spy setup and posted it somewhere... it used 2 drugs, had no poison and about the same health my PE had for years (high 300's). that was 2 drugs, the same 2 i take on my PE.
Exactly. Agree 100%. And those drugs are not even important, meaning you can choose not to drug at all. I also use a 2 drug setup but with a lil poison for those devourers out there :D
@bugs: Really, Why do you have to stop to 4 drugs then? just go ahead and take every possible drug you can take so that you have better runspeed, strength dex or whatever it is you pursue

Original monk
14-04-05, 17:06
i use drugs on only one char :) my riflerspy -> 1 to put on PA (with a glove and it keeps itself in after that)

and ffcourse sumthing to shelter :) (why does a ds needs 95 psi snif :/ )

and yeah buggs, why not take em all in one go ? for now this will be fun but wait after a few years till youre teeth start falling out and youre brains becomming a sponge :lol:

(luckely my teeth are still fine, not gonna start about the sponge part tough :P)