PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Clan Missions

Preach
13-04-05, 15:14
Neofrag works on the basis of finding the correct area and then zoning into a totally indepandant place from the Neocron world to battle. Why not include a place where you zone somewhere independant of the world (so it doesnt include designing lots of new places in the world purely for larger missions), a place that requires a set number of requirements from players in order to begin the mission, (runners could enter a lobby waiting area until all requirements are met). the requirements i mean are for example, two runners with 100+ hack, for an area that requires two hacks at the same time, someone with at least 150 PPU points or 180+ construct, for obvious reasons and so on, also a minimum of say 8 - 10 players to even begin the mission. Once all requirements are met the players move from the lobby area to the new zone and the mission begins. The new places could be absolutely anything as it is accessed through maybe a warp tunnel or something along those lines. The area can invlove several tasks to reach the finale resulting in a good drop or a prize of some sort. The missions could be totally new and original to stumbling upon say the juggernaught cave with a hacker and a tank to just have to kill and loot the mobs....

Dribble Joy
13-04-05, 15:19
You mean instanced dungeons?

Preach
13-04-05, 15:25
yeah i suppose, it could be accessed from maybe a temple in the real world that contains maybe ten warp tunnels for ten different very high lvl missions. the warps zone u maybe deep underground of the neocron world a place that doesnt need to run exactly to the parameters and conditions set by the normal landscape. Using this method a bit of inventinveness could be thrown into the areas and mobs contained in these dungeons. There should be several tasks to complete for the mission that require at least several high lvl runners with different skills to complete it

Preach
13-04-05, 15:29
I just think that lets say, they could do ten differnet missions through one temple instead of trying to invent ingenious ways of adding ten new places that could randomly be accessed by anyone and then trying to explain where and why these ten random places have just appeared. If they are seperate from the gamning world then justification is much less important.

Capt. Rik
13-04-05, 16:56
Last time instanced dungeons were brought up they got a big NO from the community as it doesn't fit the style of the game (remember this is set on Earth not a fantasy setting)

I think somebody suggested it as a replacement to the Chaos Caves. General view was that it was a mechanism of avoiding PvP.

I'm all for more dungeons and more content, just not sure that instances are the way forward in NC2

(oh and paragraphs are your friend, it's really hard to read your first post :) )

Infinite
13-04-05, 19:27
Instance dungeons idea has come up a few time in the last few years and as said already the community said no.

I'll agree 100% instance dungeons are for WOW not NC. It means people can level in peace.... fuck that... Maybe instance dungeons where you don't gain XP and do it for a item but ppl can jump you. Or instances where u fight against ppl but NO WAY for leveling.