PDA

View Full Version : DRE and BD apts

Dribble Joy
13-04-05, 14:57
With the advent of customisable apts, the DRE and BD epic apts seem to be a bit useless, niether come unfurnished (BD apt is minimal but not completely bare) and they both can only take 20 cabs, just like any other apt.

Can or should the cab limit be increased? to say.. 30?
Would make them a bit more sought after and usefull.

CMaster
13-04-05, 15:06
Leave the BD epic appt. People don't want it for the function, but the style.
Make the DRE epic something to put VR3 to shame, rather than "the lowest in Neocron living" as it is described at the moment.

13-04-05, 15:52
I kinda like the DRE apartment as it is

The only thing I'd change is because there is a part of me that thinks it needs to always be in Pepper Park (as per the Epic storyline) or in Outzone 1 (and change the Epic storyline) because getting it in Plaza (where mine was in NC1) just doesnt seem right

Skusty
13-04-05, 15:54
Droms....... mm...fried drom.......

CMaster
13-04-05, 15:58
MOST of them are in OZ1. Just not all. Being in OZ1 means they are unused, as there is no genrep either in the apt or in the same zone as the apt....

Clive tombstone
13-04-05, 17:37
I agree with the "via rosso" pent house Idea hehe, make it TOTALLY pimped out like a mansion, with an indoor pool, chicks in french maid outfits (the counter part to the girls in cages for BD epic :D ) the same amount of cabs, and an Ocean view hehe. Now Im no interior designer, but I can try drawing something a little later.

I like these ideas 5 *'s

Darkener
13-04-05, 19:07
Leave the BD epic appt. People don't want it for the function, but the style.
Make the DRE epic something to put VR3 to shame, rather than "the lowest in Neocron living" as it is described at the moment.
Hehehe i love the via rossa appy idea

Kozmos
13-04-05, 19:09
BD epic apt ? O_o

Infinite
13-04-05, 19:22
BD epic apt ? O_o

BD epic was changed to an apt... with strippers ;)

DRE epic apt shuld have a GR as well. if it had a GR it would be worth doing.. maybe.

imper1um
13-04-05, 19:35
My clan needs more cabs. Let us make more cabs! Our cabs are almost completely filled (700+ TPs in tradeskiller clan, 1500+ DTs in main clan apartment...we collect them...:) )

Imper1um

Kozmos
13-04-05, 19:38
My clan needs more cabs. Let us make more cabs! Our cabs are almost completely filled (700+ TPs in tradeskiller clan, 1500+ DTs in main clan apartment...we collect them...:) )

Imper1um
then buy more cabs :p

Infinite
13-04-05, 19:42

You'd think that wouldn't you

imper1um
13-04-05, 20:44
Considering were at cab limit o_O

Kozmos
13-04-05, 20:51
Considering were at cab limit o_O
Then organise your cabs a bit better O_o

750 techs filling up 20 cabs ? I could fit 4.5k techs into a plaza 3 apt and still have a spare cab. Think they had 10 didnt they ?

zii
13-04-05, 22:02
l, chicks in french maid outfits (the counter part to the girls in cages for BD epic :D )

You should have blokes in thongs as well, to satisfy both sides of the pool. ;)

Anyhow, increase the number of cabinets from 20, and leave the BD place alone. Perhaps there should be choice of appartments for the DRE epic: choice 1: crappy cell in the OZ but with 40 cabinets and no genrep, or choice 2: Delux apartment in VR3 with GenRep and dancing boys and girls with the usual limit on cabinet capacity.

Mr Kot
13-04-05, 22:47
I think the 20 limit is ample.

However the shabby appearance of the DRE epic reward just will not do. It's not even realistic in a RP sense that a real estate company should give out such tat to the person who saved the company's bacon.

The perk way back when, was 15 cabs in one place which was more than in any other apartment. Now that cabs can be added at will, we need a RP style revamp. The devs have excelled themselves with the BD apartment. Hats off to them. Now we know what you're capable of (and as a surprise and all)... let's have a POSHER THAN POSH apartment for DRE now. It has to be so good, people will become DRE for the epic alone, they they currently do with other factions. It should have something that no-one else can have in their apartment.

It just HAS to be in Viarosso.

It just HAS to have a sea view.

It just HAS to be posh.

Who's with me on this?

BradSTL
14-04-05, 03:04
The only thing I would change about the Black Dragon epic apartment is that it ought to be in sector 6, to make it easier for non-Dragons to get there, instead of sector 8. Other than that, it's just about perfect.

But if you look at my "choosing your faction" guide in New Runner's Corner, you'll see that I'm on record as saying that the Diamond Real Estate epic reward is the worst in the game, and absolutely desperately needs to be replaced. I almost don't care by what, but it has got to go. The idea of a huge, massively over-decorated penthouse apartment in Via Rosso is certainly one that I could get behind, but they have got to get something else, almost anything.

Another idea I could get behind would be to give them a non-transferrable key to a "shopping mall" -- a huge safezone Plaza apartment with one of those door-buzzers that opens for everyone, or even no entry door at all. Probably no genrep, just like the current apt. Set up a bunch of alcoves each with their own citycom and goguardian. Set up one alcove with the same parts vendors that TechHaven has. Set up a snackbar area with a couple of tables and a Snack-A-Tack vendor. And then arrange it so that the apartment owner collects half of the receipts from the parts vendors and the snack vendor. And maybe even a small fee, say 10c or 50c, every time someone uses a gogo or terminal?

Actually, it should have an owner-only door buzzer. To one small office in the back, the manager's office, with a bunch of small cabinets stacked carefully, a desk, and maybe put the genrep there.

After all, everybody knows that the big money in real estate is in commercial property, not residential, eh?

eprodigy
14-04-05, 03:33
The only thing I would change about the Black Dragon epic apartment is that it ought to be in sector 6, to make it easier for non-Dragons to get there, instead of sector 8. Other than that, it's just about perfect.
i was gonna say i disagreed and non dragons shoulnt be able to use it but realized then i guess you could say non biotechs shouldnt use moveon etc ;) it does have a BD logo on the window im surprised a tsunami would live in that :)

...I'm on record as saying that the Diamond Real Estate epic reward is the worst in the game...

it is especially now! it ALMOST had a use in nc1 but even then id rather (and did) have multiple plaza apartments instead for more storage..

BradSTL
14-04-05, 04:56
i was gonna say i disagreed and non dragons shoulnt be able to use it but realized then i guess you could say non biotechs shouldnt use moveon etc ;) it does have a BD logo on the window im surprised a tsunami would live in that :)Ah, I failed to make myself clear. What most of the Dragons I know who really like the reward want to use it for is not for cabinet space, but as a role-playing event venue. They want to run parties, dances, raves, whatever. They want to open bars and strip clubs. They want to create places where people in the Dome would show up just to hang out.

Putting that way, way out there in sector 8 makes it actually more convenient for some people from the City than it does for most of the Dome. :lol: