PDA

View Full Version : Long Syncs on Terra

imper1um
13-04-05, 03:51
Anyone getting Infinate Syncs and Long Syncs on Terra? This is a big problem.

Imper1um

Toilet-Duck
13-04-05, 04:13
Yup just started today :rolleyes:

Kallima
13-04-05, 04:15
i cant even log onto my freekin characters anymore :mad:

Dr Strange
13-04-05, 04:19
Just started happening

I cannot synch in on any account I have access to, including my own.

The one time I was able to synch in, I zoned and got switched into someone else's character and now I cannot log in at all.

Did a virus check, fine. Did a spyware check, fine. Did a NC2 file integrity check, fine. Did a connection check, no packet loss or faulty hops to the NC2 servers, check.

Something is up

Toilet-Duck
13-04-05, 04:49
I keep syncing into other ppl too :mad: had to log for the night.

imper1um
13-04-05, 05:14
Yeah, I logged into my Researcher and I had someone else's Stats, GoGo, Inventory, Implants, and Armor, but it was my name that popped up when I talked.

COLD
13-04-05, 05:40
All of the above has happened to me today as well.

Kallima
13-04-05, 06:22
i bet you anything terra is the old saturn 8|

msdong
13-04-05, 06:24
yes, long syncs with kick to login. and if i sync fast ill be resetted to the entrypoint when start to walk. the later happen most times in HN and caves.

Jesterthegreat
13-04-05, 07:38
glad to see that when the pandore peeps reported this, kk thought on their toes and did... absolutely nothing. and does nothing to prevent it happening on this server...

anyone seen this happen on mars / merc btw? afaik they havent had any big issues yet (same as NC1 btw... i dont recall a single rollback, though i didnt play german servers much ill admit)

:edit: @Kallima - yes its true... its possible to do jokes to death.

Uranus had far more problems than saturn ever had btw... just so you know.

mulle
13-04-05, 07:43
Uranus had far more problems than saturn ever had btw... just so you know.
Maybe more problems, but Saturn had the most severe

Jesterthegreat
13-04-05, 07:51
Maybe more problems, but Saturn had the most severe

you had a single few week rollback.

dont get me wrong... my current most known char ( my PE) lost 50% of his levels, and became melee again due to this rollback, im not saying ots nothing by any means.

hell i fully lommed to rifle before each of the 3 terra rollbacks in the first 3 weeks. i know what its like to be rolled back.

however saturn was never (to my knowledge) brought offline at the same time every single day (Uranus went through god knows how long of not rebooting after the scheduled server maintainence).

Uranus was down the minumum of 2 hours a day

:edit: tbh i cant remember if it was the 10pm GMT daily thing or the thursday maintainence thing... but it was regular... for a long ass time.

CMaster
13-04-05, 11:14
Yep, had them problems. Just seemed to start. Best was when I tried to leave neofrag. First 3 times I tried to log in, just infinte synch. 4th time, I am on a 0/2 PE with a hacktool, a knife and an LE to his name...

enigma_b17
13-04-05, 11:52
yar, I was zoning into erm, tezla zone yesterday and every time i do i got kicked from the rhino and landed up in the middle of the zone...

Original monk
13-04-05, 12:11
lol you guys discussing who had the worst server ? bugwise ? :P

i dunno actually, the less bugs the better ffcourse, but if i really have to give an example of my favourite servertroubles then i have to go with the sunday lagdays on saturn :)

nothing beats MC5ing on a sunday on old saturn ! lagspikes every 2 seconds from 30-40 to 3000-4000 ping :D

one thing was sure, ya had mc5 all to yourself whole day long :)

edit: i also remember the chaoscaves on a sunday lol, ya step a step to the right, shoot the 20 mobs crawling aside there and bam: stuck in synch .. 1 second, 2 seconds ... 10 seconds ... 11 seconds ... 12 seconds and tadaa: back ! press mousebutton 2 :D (or wait for a rez ffcourse)

-=Jismo=-
13-04-05, 12:14
it takes about 10 login attemps sometimes and its even worst on my labtop :(

imper1um
13-04-05, 18:25
It is very wierd. The good thing about this is no one will be able to Zone Whore!

enigma_b17
13-04-05, 23:41
odd, only thing that i get in regards to sync is that nearly every time i log in a char it has that 50/50 no sl/money bug

SnowCrash
13-04-05, 23:55
I have watched Terra the whole day and there are no problems, serverside.
It rather looks like single connection issues with the transatlantic internet backbone. We will keep an eye on that for further investigation.

CMaster
14-04-05, 00:17
Erm. <<UK

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 07:57
everyone heres got the same ISP... right? :rolleyes:

Original monk
14-04-05, 09:02
i dont have real synch problems, the login bug 50/50 happens more often tough, but still nothing compared to the real synching problems we had in NC1 lol, with other words: im yust saying here what enigma allready said :)

ow and pings stay stable

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 09:12
I thought it was just me.
I get the black synch screen too a lot. It takes about 3 attempts, then restart game, then click resume twice and i'm in.

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 13:55
I thought it was just me.
I get the black synch screen too a lot. It takes about 3 attempts, then restart game, then click resume twice and i'm in.

yout fault entirely... always is :p

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 13:59
I keep on blaming it on the hamster :angel:

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 14:07
I keep on blaming it on the hamster :angel:

no.

the KK servers are wonderful.

its all of our connections / modems / pcs.

Seven
14-04-05, 14:47
I have watched Terra the whole day and there are no problems, serverside.
It rather looks like single connection issues with the transatlantic internet backbone. We will keep an eye on that for further investigation.

Actually, I've been having major connection issues the past 2 weeks on all 3 PC's.

Couldn't connect to this forum, while other people could.
So I tried various sites from my bookmarks and I couldn't connect to about 65% of them, whereas some would work fine.

So yeah, there seems to be a problem with a router or something somewhere.

garyu69
14-04-05, 15:03
I'm having no problems at all...

Seven
14-04-05, 15:36
I'm having no problems at all...

Where are you?
I'm in the New York, New Jersey area.

Selendor
14-04-05, 15:56
I get the usual (since January) log in problems, whereby you have a blank character (no items/money/soulight), and long sync, and you have to relog to get in properly.

I don't see how this can be my problem, as it never happened once in Neocron 1, and also my broadband speed is double the speed it used to be. More likely a bottleneck somewhere at the KK end, or the software that handles synchonisation is having a problem.

Snowcrash, if you log in to terra 20 times on a character with many items, implants, clanned etc, are you successful 100% of the time?

Capt. Rik
14-04-05, 16:00
I've been having bad syncs recently too but not just in Neocron. The entire UK population of my WoW server got dropped for several hours on sunday afternoon

Mighty Max
14-04-05, 16:25
everyone heres got the same ISP... right? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: There are only few main-connections between the backbones
But, if you like the conspiracy athomsphere ... KK has build in a lag-simulator just for you :p

But anyways, since last friday i didn't observe the daily high noon lag anymore ...

Original monk
14-04-05, 16:53
But, if you like the conspiracy athomsphere ... KK has build in a lag-simulator just for you :p

can you download this simulator somewhere ? i didnt find it on the official site :/

or is it yust for "the few" again :(

Mighty Max
14-04-05, 16:59
Ohh, everyone can :p

"ftp> get pr0n/*"

Original monk
14-04-05, 17:08
Ohh, everyone can :p

"ftp> get pr0n/*"

youre link is broken :/ i told ya it was only for the few lucky ones :/

LoL nm the spam please, got a day of starting from ........ now !

Vryce
15-04-05, 02:44
...... anyone seen this happen on mars / merc btw?

Had it on Mars last night, took 3-4 tries to get on, then would sync when leaving apartment. Logged off for dinner, repeated when I tried to re-log.

@ Snowcrash: "... transatlantic internet backbone." ??? 8|

BadB
15-04-05, 10:37
Synchin hits me too:P

Black syncs in the middle off nowhere, syncin in the middle off an op-fight(with no reason,no zoneborder), then i wasnt be able to leave a sector for 20 min. without getting a black sync and being back where i was before, syncin into other charakter, cant log on, zero bug ...... etc. .......

.....to be continued.....

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 10:44
Guys, last night's crashes and stuff don't count as microsoft was sending out some damn updates to all computers.
I was in the middle of op fighting and i had to leave the game twice to turn that shit off, and in the end installed the updates quick before logging back on.

Dr Strange
15-04-05, 10:52
Guys, last night's crashes and stuff don't count as microsoft was sending out some damn updates to all computers.
I was in the middle of op fighting and i had to leave the game twice to turn that shit off, and in the end installed the updates quick before logging back on.

While M$ did release 8 security updates yesterday, that wasn't a main cause. I'm sure some people got dropped cause they kept the Autoupdate service turned on, when this was happening I got dropped when I have auto update off in all instances. If there's a M$ update, then it must be done manually on my machine.

The only outside influence into this has to have been Comcast (a large ISP in the northern United States area) fucking up their DNS and such for several days in a row. Now I realize that might not account for alot of people dropping since Terra is mostly Euro guys with a dash of us Americans and Canadians but I'd say it could be a small partial source for some people. Considering it is a very large ISP probably one of the largest in our contry.

The lag has been normal as of late but I still synch into someone elses character at least once a day almost. It's just as bad as a fatal if you ask me. You end up synching into someone else for 10 seconds, then you black screen synch, then yer kicked back to the login screen with one of several "omg you cant connect" messages. The fatal part comes in that at least for me, you can't reconnect no matter how many times you try Enter or Resume, the client must be restarted. Not to mention how many times I've really needed that synch to save my life only to find myself not running on the ground but somewhere totally different. And when I do get back in I'm usually dead (it always seems to happen at the worst times, middle of a fight with a mob, flying a vehicle etc)

That and the 50/50's are getting to be a pain. International Release is going to be, interesting, when someone rolls their character for the first time and 50/50's in the MC5 starting area..

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 10:57
Indeed, the 50/50 synch bug happens way too much, plus getting black synchs is not funny anymore.

Coding in new high level content isn't a priority, fixing the first impression of the game (being the login screen) is a priority.

I can live with the memory leak (even though at large op wars it's sucking up ram like a sponge), but the synch bugs and bad logins? It's like buying a book from a new author and finding a major spelling error in the front cover title.

Jesterthegreat
15-04-05, 13:50
people use auto update?

next you will be tellin me people leave the messager servise turned on and keep the telytubby theme... :p

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 14:04
I know...., i installed service pack 2 and it turned itself back on :-)