PDA

View Full Version : Why is repairing a Rhino considered an exploit?

Major Havoc
12-04-05, 19:04
Possibly a bit of a long post, I hope you're sitting comfortably...

Was on an alt on Terra last night and saw someone looking for a Rhino Driver, I DM'd him and said I had a new alt that drives a Rhino and would love to go level with him, so I relog and GR to DRT and meet up with him.

He's LE'd, my n00b Rifle PE is un'LE'd and clanned, so I grab the Rhino and off we go. The XP is good but the Rhino takes some punishment and we return to DRT a couple of times so I can Dismiss, Repair and re-Spawn it as my Rifle PE has no repair skill. Anyway, after an hour or so he needs to log off so I drop him at a GR and I drive back to DRT to put the vehicle away, only to bump into some enemy Faction runners who get stuck into my Rhino and then I get a Fatal Runtime Error :eek: :mad:

"Oh well", I think, "I'll log my Barter who can repair and go repair the Rhino" (My PE is getting low on cash), so I do so. I GR to DRT and the Rhino is still there and in love of some tender loving care so I start to repair it when about four-five runners appear as if out of nowhere and start trying to blow the Rhino up as I repair it 8|

Then one of them starts screaming at me for exploiting :confused: How can I be exploiting repairing a Rhino, my own Rhino at that? He said something about my runner being LE'd; my Barter is LE'd as (a) he's Low level and more importantly (b) he can GR to places like Pepper Park or Outzone or IND-A to sell PE PA and Black Dragon drugs to N'City inhabitants.

Yes, I got a bit of XP repairing the Rhino, but if that's an exploit then surely so is moving my un'id'ed techparts from say my H-C Tank to my Researcher who get's XP researching them, or making drones with my CSTR (who gets XP doing so) for my Droner?

tbh, I'd have simply driven straight to the ASG and attempted to Dismiss the Rhino then go down fighting a larger group comprising higher level runners had it not been for the Fatal Runtime Error; to rub salt into the wound when I did relog to my Rifle PE I was dead and my nicely slotted TL3 Heal was long hacked.

I of course hope that Carbonite upon receipt of the screenshots (numerous were taken apparently, "Carbonite loves LE'd exploiters" I recall someone on local saying as I tried to out repair the damage the group were inflicting upon my poor Rhino) recalls seeing this post and decides to slap my wrists only if KK consider it an exploit.

But I'd still like someone to explain why it would be considered a problem - I repair my own alt's armour on my CSTR/Repairer, surely that's not considered an exploit? I make all my own TL150 BP's, boring yes but very good XP when I run them on my various alts - that's not an exploit as well is it? I figured multi-slot servers were there to encourage players to have runners of different classes, and if a runner has a Tradeskill, why not use that to the benefit of all the runners on that account?

Yours,

Confused :confused:

Nidhogg
12-04-05, 19:11
I appreciate you'd like to discuss this but I'm afraid this thread breaks the rules on discussing exploits. I'm not saying that you were exploiting and I'm not saying you weren't either because that's not my call. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Please feel free to contact Carbonite if you wish to discuss this further with someone who actually knows the answer. ;)

N