PDA

View Full Version : Spies in MC5

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 14:54
Hehehe, and everyone probably thought this was another droner thread :-)

No my fellow neocronians this has come about when people doubted the viability of a hc pe in mc5. Now it's time to show that a spy can also live there, when drugged up to his ears. (the nightshade is the viability killer)

Behold, the MC5 HC spy with 200 total energy resist and 450 ish health.
Using the tl 78 raycannon.
There's also the version with 69 str, also capped energy resist, using duranit3, medium duranium boots and the tl61 raygun cannon.

Character Class: Spy
Sex: Male
Server: None
Ranking: 0/67

None

-----------Intelligence-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 94 -6
Skill: Hacking = 20 +20
Skill: Barter = 0 -16
Skill: PSI Use = 3 +0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 183 +8
Skill: Construction = 0 +0
Skill: Research = 0 +0
Skill: Implant = 16 +16
Skill: Willpower = 0 +0

-----------Strength-----------
Max Skill: 40
Current: 79 +39
Skill: Melee Combat = 108 +108
Skill: Heavy Combat = 151 +46
Skill: Transport = 6 +6
Skill: Resist Force = 28 +28

-----------Constitution-----------
Max Skill: 40
Current: 46 +6
Skill: Athletics = 3 +0
Skill: Body Health = 148 +44
Skill: Endurance = 0 +0
Skill: Resist Fire = 30 +30
Skill: Resist Energy = 42 +30
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 0 +0
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 -15

-----------Dexterity-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 97 -3
Skill: Pistol Combat = 0 +0
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -8
Skill: HighTech Combat = 73 +0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 -20
Skill: Agility = 224 +74
Skill: Repair = 0 +0
Skill: Recycle = 4 +0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 +0

-----------PSI-----------
Max Skill: 20
Current: 20 +0
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 0 +0
Skill: PSI Power = 0 +0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 +0

-------Character Inventory-------
Slot: Helmet - Duranit Helmet 4
Influences: PRC: 27 FOR: 26 ENR: 24

Slot: Vest - NCPD - Powerarmor
Influences: FOR: 46 PRC: 46 ENR: 36

Slot: Belt - Medium Energy Protection Belt
Influences: ENR: 48 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Duranit Trousers 4
Influences: FOR: 26 PRC: 27 ENR: 24

Slot: Boots - Heavy Duranium Boots
Influences: FOR: 23 PRC: 28 ENR: 30

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Influences: STR: 3 CON: 3 M-C: 6 H-C: 6 TRA: 6 FOR: 8 HLT: 18

Slot: Brain Chip - Berserk Chip 2
Influences: M-C: 10 STR: 3 INT: -2 BRT: -5

Slot: Brain Chip - Berserk Chip 3
Influences: M-C: 15 STR: 5 INT: -3 BRT: -8

Slot: Brain Chip - Berserk Chip 1
Influences: M-C: 5 STR: 1 INT: -1 BRT: -3

Slot: Eye - Heavy CombatEye 3
Influences: H-C: 15 WEP: 8 M-C: -8 R-C: -8

Slot: Heart - Strengthen Heart 2
Influences: HLT: 10 CON: 3 POR: -15

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences: None

Slot: Spine - Strength Booster 3
Influences: STR: 5 DEX: -3

Slot: Shelter - Foreign Holy Shelter
Influences: SHEL: 51

Slot: Deflector - Foreign Holy Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 45

Slot: Combat - Melee Combat Booster 3
Influences: M-C: 20 HLT: 16 AGL: 12

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 3
Influences: HCK: 20 IMP: 16 AGL: 12

Slot: Resist - Heat Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 25 FIR: 30 ENR: 30

Slot: Drug - Beast
Influences: STR: 5 H-C: 25 AGL: 25 HLT: -10

Slot: Drug - Thyronol
Influences: STR: 3

Slot: Drug - XStrong
Influences: STR: 4 M-C: 20 FOR: 20 VHC: -20

Slot: Drug - Kri'nakh Nightshade
Influences: M-C: 40 AGL: 25 STR: 10 HLT: -15
---------------------------------

Siygess
12-04-05, 15:03
Just goes to show that, when you're willing to factor drugs - lots of drugs - in to the equation, anything is possible. Of course, I don't think this is a setup I'd been keen to try out.. seems like one of those idea's that's good on paper.. ;)

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 15:06
Just goes to show that, when you're willing to factor drugs - lots of drugs - in to the equation, anything is possible. Of course, I don't think this is a setup I'd been keen to try out.. seems like one of those idea's that's good on paper.. ;)

Well, since i way overcapped str and con on my pistol spy, and he has enough tc to use the weapons, i might actualy lom him around a bit, the con setup is not too much loming. All i have to do is get my hands on a nightshade to pop in the zerk3.

Siygess
12-04-05, 15:07
Well, good luck with that. I'll have a medivac on standby to rush you in to detox ;)

Dribble Joy
12-04-05, 15:16
Be better off getting 150 energy, less drug dependance and more hp.

[D]est
12-04-05, 15:17
screenshot?

Dribble Joy
12-04-05, 15:20
Anyway, it's been a fact since... ever.. that Spies are actually semi decent in MC5.
Their PA and better guns make them a better choice than PEs.

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 15:29
I was looking into temporarily changing over my pistol spy for it.

Only 18 str lom pills to do it, pull the targeting3, SF and slap in zerk2 and pp.
Keep the heavy energy belt, duranit2 armor, light duranium boots.
I'm even going to keep the spy pa2 for the looks :-)

Dribble Joy
12-04-05, 15:33
Remember that MC5 mobs do xray dmg (unless it has been changed), half the reason spies are good there.

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 15:43
I was told they do pure energy

Capt. Rik
12-04-05, 15:46
I was told they do pure energy

noooo energy/xray (especially the Commander)

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 15:52
You're right. Just looked it up.
Well, the setup remains the same then.

Original monk
12-04-05, 16:41
remembers me of andy constable soloing the commander with he's dizzy :P

he zoned in .. shot a few times .. zoned out .. etc .. when the backroom was still there :)

pretty funny sight :) i dunno how much he died tough, guess its alot LOL

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 16:58
I wish psicho (our clanleader) still had his warbot skin on his constructor. Would be hilarious making an MC5 constructor HC spy with warbot looks.

CMaster
12-04-05, 19:54
I could provide some nightshade, for a price.

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 20:46
Then tell me your price C.

SovKhan
12-04-05, 21:57
mc5 guards use the oldschool copbot rifles, which are energy/xray dmg.

BradSTL
13-04-05, 02:49
OK, let me get this straight? I'm easily confused, because I've never been into MC5. So MC5 contains one commander and n guards, right? All level 110 to 120, using Copbot Ion Rifles that do energy/xray damage? So what we have is a variation on the HackNet dungeon problem, then? Where as soon as you enter, or at least as soon as you open fire, everything opens fire on you at once?

The reason that MC5 belongs to heavy combat users and APU users isn't that they're especially invulnerable, but because they have area-effect attacks that go around corners so they can fire from relative safety?

No wonder it attracts exploiters; the basic strategy is only barely perceptibly different from safespotting.

If the damage output is energy/xray, then hell, the spy should be ideally suited to it. We're the only ones who get significant xray armor. Combine xray bones with spy power armor, use a heavy energy resist belt, a filter heart 2, and split the resist points between xray and energy to fill in the gaps. That should be so much more armor and resist than any APU can have, no?

So the only thing that a spy can't do is fire an area effect weapon. The rifle spies get none, the pistol spies get nothing above TL65 (and it sucks). Sounds to me like it's not an especially tough dungeon, just one that can only be beaten by using safespots to attack from.

Of course, having never been there, I have no idea what I'm talking about. So enlighten me?

eprodigy
13-04-05, 03:14
hes talking about a HC spy using an aoe weapon i think..

also your a droner thats never been in mc5 :D

BradSTL
13-04-05, 03:31
Actually, I haven't been a droner in over a month. I LOMed to rifles, because I got tired of being broke.

CMaster
13-04-05, 03:33
You got the gist of it, Brad. The only way to do MC5 is AoEing round the corner. Nobody, not even a capped tank with capped energy +xray and a PPU forcibly inserted can actually sit there and take it from those guys.

sultana
13-04-05, 07:45
A tank can easily get 200 energy resist, and 150ish xray, and still there's not a chance of outhealing the mobs inside mc5. My ppu cannot outheal even one of the mc5 mobs inside there. Even with Heavy Energy/Holy Spirit Belt.

The places where the tanks and APU's barrel from are not "safespots" mobs can go there aswell, and even if they don't, can still shoot people there. And if you go in there with a APU or a tank, you'll be rezzing them more often then they'll be barrelling.

Original monk
13-04-05, 09:07
watch out with barreling, altough its good xp its better to focus on the commander with for example a mal .. as soon as someone comes in when you are barreling and that person walks in 1 stack (he doesnt even have to die) youre sure of negative sl because the other person will die at one point or another anyway :)

sultana
13-04-05, 11:28
That's why you team up ;)

The problem is, you can't always aim at the commander from the spot where you are barrelling/AoEing.

Original monk
13-04-05, 12:22
i aint teaming everyone that pops in there lol, especially no enemy's :) unless ya know eachother ffcourse :)

apu's are very possible in mc5 but i think they still die that littlebit more then tanks :)

with a tank you can indeed focus at the commander, with a mal or sumthing, but ya also have to watch youre sl ffcourse .. there are retards that yump a few times infront of it to die and get rezzed again yust to get ya on low sl .. lame tbh ... only solution when this happens is to keel there ppu ..

SovKhan
13-04-05, 17:16
i always found it relativly easy to do, with 1tank,1apu,2ppu's.

tank uses aoe to agro all the guards ect, and there is 1 ppu glued to his ass, next there is the apu/ppu team ppu triple DB's the base commander and the apu goes to town with HL. back when parashock actually worked on mobs it was even easier because you would have the tank ppu cast para barrel and all the mobs would not move hardly at all. although i usually did this back when you were allowed to zone in the backroom if things got to heated. havnt even been to mc5 in nc2. i believe the reason the backroom was removed because of the zone barreling issues where a apu ppu team could solo the place. ppu sitting in back room and apu zoneing, dropping full psi pool in barrels and then zoneing back, this also was when heals would work after you zoned though.

this was back when the base com wouldnt drop a part all the time though which made running mc5 a time consumeing task to get any amount of decent parts.

Infinite
13-04-05, 18:05
Been there done that.....

Me and Cannings had HC spies in NC1.

We used marine instead of zerk 1 (dont think its possible now wihtout tigers blood to put it in)

jini
14-04-05, 17:09
OK, let me get this straight? I'm easily confused, because I've never been into MC5. So MC5 contains one commander and n guards, right? All level 110 to 120, using Copbot Ion Rifles that do energy/xray damage? So what we have is a variation on the HackNet dungeon problem, then? Where as soon as you enter, or at least as soon as you open fire, everything opens fire on you at once?

The reason that MC5 belongs to heavy combat users and APU users isn't that they're especially invulnerable, but because they have area-effect attacks that go around corners so they can fire from relative safety?

No wonder it attracts exploiters; the basic strategy is only barely perceptibly different from safespotting.

If the damage output is energy/xray, then hell, the spy should be ideally suited to it. We're the only ones who get significant xray armor. Combine xray bones with spy power armor, use a heavy energy resist belt, a filter heart 2, and split the resist points between xray and energy to fill in the gaps. That should be so much more armor and resist than any APU can have, no?

So the only thing that a spy can't do is fire an area effect weapon. The rifle spies get none, the pistol spies get nothing above TL65 (and it sucks). Sounds to me like it's not an especially tough dungeon, just one that can only be beaten by using safespots to attack from.

Of course, having never been there, I have no idea what I'm talking about. So enlighten me? For someone who has never been there brad, you described exactly what is happening in mc5 ;) I agree 100% about the safespotting in there, some do claim it's not a safespotting because you can get shot at and I partly agree with that, but this is generally how you beat AI. In order to avoid conflicts about the delicate "safespot" matter I tend to use the term "AI" :)

Original monk
14-04-05, 17:25
For someone who has never been there brad, you described exactly what is happening in mc5 ;) I agree 100% about the safespotting in there, some do claim it's not a safespotting because you can get shot at and I partly agree with that, but this is generally how you beat AI. In order to avoid conflicts about the delicate "safespot" matter I tend to use the term "AI" :)

its not safespotting .. there is no other way then to stand behind the wall ..

you would be stupid not to stand behind the wall .. its the only form of cover you have in there :)

i cant believe there is 1 team out there that yust stands in the middle of mc5 and starts firing the commander :) possible but with the guards and the commy shooting you it wont take long hehe

when for example a droner stands behind one of the 2 walls there its a safespot yes ... why ? because a normal team draws aggro on em when they shoot once ... they get hit, even standing behind the corner .. or atleast everytime they wonna shoot they get hit .. plus they have the chance of a commander or guard walking behind the walls ..

a droner can keep standing there and he's drone draws all the aggro .. he never gets hit .. ever ... and the few times a guard comes behind the corner they stealth away ... because of this i think droners are forbidden in mc5 .. plus that i think there is more up to it ... i dont have a droner myself so i dont know.. but the times i saw a droner in there he didnt take damage nor he's drone did ..

thats the diffrence :)

this been told before tough :) myself i didnt went to MC5 nomore for some time now, cause of the droners that exploited that place to hell and back ... i got completely tired of mc5 .. it used to be my favourite huntingspot :/

now prices of MC5 collapsed and i still cant believe the shit(talk) i had to endure from LE droners in there ... i yust got tired of mc5

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-04-05, 21:19
in not even going 2 try and tell u wots wrong with ur spy melee/heavy setup
it speaks for it self.
cant belive people who have played this game so long
still have no fucking clue on a good setup
183 wl?!?!??!
3 psi use?!?!

i dident evn look at the rest
cos that said it all
jesus..

imper1um
14-04-05, 22:07
This is just like the dilemma of the xBow mission. Once they get rid of that safe spot, how are people going to complete the xBow mission? Those things shoot so fast and have so much knock-back that no one can move, so if a PPU gets separated from the Tank, it's the end of the life of the Tank, and the PPU can't move, so he ends up having to /set kill_self 1 or let his heals run off. I think they need to reduce the amount of Damage the MC5 guards cause by half, and block off that back area. For the xBow mission, the Damage should remain the same, just the knockback should be cut in 10.

Imper1um

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 07:35
in not even going 2 try and tell u wots wrong with ur spy melee/heavy setup
it speaks for it self.
cant belive people who have played this game so long
still have no fucking clue on a good setup
183 wl?!?!??!
3 psi use?!?!

i dident evn look at the rest
cos that said it all
jesus..

It's not a pvp char, it's a long grind ppu plugged mc5 fun thing.
And the wpl is to compensate for lack of HC. May be too much, but then i'm not going to lom my pistol spy to death, it's a 6 lom pill required change.

[VP]Orion
15-04-05, 10:21
Those 2 walls are soooo small. You WILL get hit standing there. And you will get hit alot. My PPU can just about outheal ONE of the guards there. And they are a couple... Since you do get hit its not a safespot, hence not an exploit. Safespot is when you can stand somewhere and the mobs cant target/reach you.

If you go there you will spend quite some time rezzing people coz they die. And quite alot too. But then MC5 was designed to be the hardest spot in the game. Well, it isnt coz thats Doy Tunnels lvl 3, but you get my idea. Its meant to be hard and dangerous as hell.

A LONG time ago there where some glass there and then you could have APUs standing behind the glass just barrelling their ass off at all the mobs without getting hit himself. Thats an exploit. And thats why they removed the glass. :D

Kuya
15-04-05, 13:38
It's not a pvp char, it's a long grind ppu plugged mc5 fun thing.

waste of character slot imo

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 14:40
waste of character slot imo

Nope, it's a good pvp pistol spy, who will take 6 strength loms to go to an mc5 hc setup. It's just a fun thing to do.
And what's 6 lom pills in str for a spy? nothing.

Let me point out that the HC spy will do quite nicely with his weapons, due to high wpl.

Heavy Weapon Damage:
Skill Factors involved: 0.8(80%) HC + 0.35(35%) WEP

Heavy Weapon Frequency:
Skill Factors involved: 0.5(50%) HC + 0.4(40%) WEP

jini
16-04-05, 06:39
Nope, it's a good pvp pistol spy, who will take 6 strength loms to go to an mc5 hc setup. It's just a fun thing to do.
And what's 6 lom pills in str for a spy? nothing.

Let me point out that the HC spy will do quite nicely with his weapons, due to high wpl.

Heavy Weapon Damage:
Skill Factors involved: 0.8(80%) HC + 0.35(35%) WEP

Heavy Weapon Frequency:
Skill Factors involved: 0.5(50%) HC + 0.4(40%) WEP You sacrifice valuable (and in efficient range) psu, for questionable wep lore. Agreed, wep is needed as a rifler, but so does psu and loming int is painfull for spies/monks. Con/Str is not and you are right.