PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after choosing character

Superbron
12-04-05, 09:19
Hi,

I have a problem here. I can log in, choose a server and pick a character, but after this I just get a black screen with SYNCHRONIZING and nothing happens. After a while I get: WORLDCLIENT: CONNECTION TO WORLDSERVER FAILED. Only other way out is pressing ESC. I am running XP and firewall is off. I did a filecheck. Does anybody have a clue?

Greetz,

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 09:35
Your char is stuck in permasync. Just wait for about two minutes for it to get off the server and log back in.
What also helps is logging on a different char.

Original monk
12-04-05, 09:40
Your char is stuck in permasync. Just wait for about two minutes for it to get off the server and log back in.
What also helps is logging on a different char.

if this doesnt happen you can try to log in that char on another computer, sumthimes you can move the char to for example youre appartment and when you relog it on youre actual pc its fixed, when all of this fails you can write a helpticket and you will be removed from synch and put somewhere else by a GM ..

good luck :)

msdong
12-04-05, 11:17
that black screen thing is strange.
i have 2 user on one machine they both worked once - then last week the second user cant start NC - and the first user can. both use the same NC dir and the both acc's work on the first user.

netster
12-04-05, 11:23
thats kinda strange, both are not allowed to use same ports. copy your ncdir and try to change port settings with 100+ ports free between....

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 11:25
I never had much problems when i connected through ics on my server.
Now that it's dead, i installed a router and it has caused all sorts of problems.

I can log in on a char and play fine. When i log out and want to log in a different account i have to restart the game or i'll end up with the black synch bug.

Neocron is a strange game when it comes to connecting. It seems to be very picky as to how you connect.

msdong
12-04-05, 12:17
thats kinda strange, both are not allowed to use same ports. copy your ncdir and try to change port settings with 100+ ports free between....

they are not running at once - i was just bored of having to enter the cryptic passwort when i change accs.