PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

dark_reaper
12-04-05, 08:09
What is your opinion on this? http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=28372

Please be serious.

mulle
12-04-05, 08:21
With todays surgery everything is possible

Original monk
12-04-05, 09:26
well, i think the kid gonna have 20 operations before its 5th birthay and the parents and surgeons gonna decide how the kid will look, if they keep it this way then the kid will never be accepted by society ... we say we are tolerant but when someone walks by that is slightly diffrent, certainly when in the face then we will all 'look' at the person ...

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 09:30
People overestimate the powers of modern medicine.
In fact, except for new anti rejection medication, microsurgery, imaging methods and some special materials nothing much has changed in the last 50 years.
It's still basicaly still a fine form of butchery, usualy involving massive dammage to bloodvessels and tissues.
Maybe with nanotechnology and using retroviruses these things can be resolved in a distant future. That's considering governements don't ban research in these areas due to religious or ethical conflicts.

From what i've seen of the skull, there's NO way they'll ever make that child look like the "standard" person. The amount of suffering this child will go through in life, both from all the operations, the physical discomfort and psychological trauma i can't even begine to imagine.

I have children myself.
With the current ways of detecting defects before birth i'm surprised they didn't see this months before birth.
Everyone if free in their opinions, even though and some countries don't give you a choice in actions, but i know which choice i would have made.

Skusty
12-04-05, 14:12
Omg, sheesh, any one going to donate something? :confused: Bút if iwas her i wouldnt like to eat thrue stmuic all my life :(

LOST
12-04-05, 14:17
saw someone have their face taken off on tv a while ago..was some cosmetic something or other.

was the most bizarre thing i've ever seen.

With todays surgery everything is possiblepretty much

for about 200 years doctors have been using poisons and detremental drugs to solve problems....bone reconstruction is relativly easy nowadays...theres some strangness out there for sure.

dark_reaper
12-04-05, 17:16
Goes to show how much I hate Florida but love it at the same time. Some of the strangest things happen here.
I am prabally going to donate some cash for the child.

Skusty
12-04-05, 18:29
Goes to show how much I hate Florida but love it at the same time. Some of the strangest things happen here.
I am prabally going to donate some cash for the child.
Thats the spirit :D