PDA

View Full Version : Easy money - again

Clothing_Option
11-04-05, 20:54
Considering the levels of pple actually playing
Thier should be ways for non tradeskillers to make money like the tangent doy parts thing from NC1
why make the game annoying for those who have no desire to lvl any more chars

mulle
11-04-05, 21:04
Thier should be ways for non tradeskillers to make money like the tangent doy parts thing from NC1
I believe it's called tech part hunting

Jesterthegreat
11-04-05, 21:10
or caving...

msdong
11-04-05, 21:49
rhino huntin.... (but it takes a little longer them cavin)

Clothing_Option
11-04-05, 22:02
in terms of tech parts and selling them
WHO ARE U GONNA SELL THEM TOO

Interms of caving
its not a bad idea but it is boring as shit
especailly if ur capped or near it and really dont need the xp anyway

In short- Fuck that

[TgR]KILLER
11-04-05, 22:07
tech parts are sold to everybody.. loads of people buying and selling.. lol. calm down clothing ^^

enigma_b17
11-04-05, 22:25
jasus dude go hunt fire mobs, best way to do it. Virtually all of the zones up from the old tg canyons to like cajun and all the areas around there spawn chasers and crap, kill them for a while. What do you get out of it you say? Armour Parts and the occasional Tech Part. Gather up a good few armour parts and u can make millions simple as that.

Heavyporker
11-04-05, 22:35
Just armorparts? Jeez. THat's for the noobs.

Save up the big entrails and such. Trust me, these net you millions in their own right.

Kozmos
11-04-05, 22:44
Clothing, If you be quiet and stop moaning about being skint, ill give you a special 1 time only redeemable voucher for a million NC.

Look, Its not hard, christ I made 4.3 million in 2 days, Killed WB's for about 2 hours, ressed the techs myself, and sold them to the 200 other people on terra, ooorrr are you playing on pandore and cant find anyone to sell your stuff to on there ? :p

SirRah
11-04-05, 22:50
The best way to make money with a good heart thrill is gambling. You can win good money in short time.... but you can also lose 10 millions of hard earned clan money within 5 mins.

And i have to agree with msdong. Rhino hunting is a good fun and gives good money and tech parts. You just have to try hard enough.

Kozmos
11-04-05, 22:51
The best way to make money with a good heart thrill is gambling. You can win good money in short time.... but you can also lose 10 millions of hard earned clan money within 5 mins./me stares at Kayne and Dank

BradSTL
11-04-05, 23:03
Judging by the rampant inflation I'm seeing in-game, the problem is not too little money, but too much money.

According to stats.runners.money, there's something like at least 1000 characters on the server with over 10,000,000 in cash, not counting the value of their equipment or any money that they have in their clan's account. A month ago, unresearched tech parts were selling for 40k to 50k each. As of this week, it's more like 60k to 100k. Prices on nearly all equipment are going up at a matching rate.

Money is easy to get in this game. And past a certain fairly low level, there's nothing you need (or could even want) that can be bought with cash, anyway. You probably spend about 10k every losing fight for poker tips if you don't have a clan member do your poking. Every couple of weeks you need to tip a repairer, unless again you have a friend or clan member do it for you. About one out of every 10 fights that you lose, you need to replace your power armor, less often than that if you do all your fighting alongside team members who can retrieve your belt for you. And every couple of months you need to replace a worn out, no longer repairable rare weapon. Altogether, that's not a lot of things that a capped character needs to spend money on. And once you have the best apartment available, and it and your clan apartment fully decorated, and all the vehicles you want, and a full set of equipment and implants, what else are you saving up money for?

Besides, if you think that tradeskillers are making big bucks, try it some time. The reason that there's only a poker in Tech Haven about 5% of the time during off-peak hours (and researchers and constructors less than that) is that even with the higher demand, people are so stingy with tips that they can make more money farming rare parts and armor part 10s than they could ever make off of their tradeskill. In about half an hour, my researcher can earn about 10k or 20k by standing in Tech Haven researching rare parts and making the occasional blueprint. In that same half an hour, even my researcher can bring down four Decayed Horrors, Decayed Brutes, or Warbots, earning on average about 12k in reward money, 30k in reward money, and another rare part. So figure that rare part to be valued at 70k, and that's about 250k per hour. Solo. Using a pistol. Outdoors. In a mid-level hunting area.

The only people who aren't making big money are droners and PPUs, because they don't get any loot when they hunt, and the pure tradeskillers, because people are just that cheap. All of the other combat professions are making money so fast that it's threatening the economy.

trigger hurt
11-04-05, 23:11

Laziness is not an excuse for being broke in Neocron.

Out of the 3 chars I used to have, it took me about 2 months to amass the same wealth, credit wise, that I had in NC1. And I did it the legit way. Killing, farming techs and selling them to the people who were, apparently, "running research missions".

After a while, got tired of my chars and moved everything on to them and sold the surplus off. Now, one char has around 20 Mil and the cabs are full of 3 or 4 slot rares to sell should he ever, dangerously, dip below the 15 million mark.

imper1um
11-04-05, 23:35
DoY Tunneling makes a crap load of cash directly and indirectly (many Tech Parts gotten).

Zeninja
12-04-05, 01:01
The only people who aren't making big money are droners and PPUs, because they don't get any loot when they hunt, and the pure tradeskillers, because people are just that cheap. All of the other combat professions are making money so fast that it's threatening the economy.
Plus, I really doubt more than 10 guys playing this game really give a shit about buying slotted non-rares, making profits, or giving any money to independent tradeskillers as far as they all have a clan.

My whole set of chars is chosen so as to simulate a small clan and be able to get regular loot (fire mobs, wb, doy tunnels, rare parts, etc) as fast as possible, then make it pass through all available treatments up to final products (ressing, csting from chemicals, salvaging unslotted/armourparts/junks, selling low-slotted stuff with a barter and the rest to players...), which should be they perfect way to make better profits and smallest waste of money, as people would do in a tradeskillers clan. But, as you know "people are just that cheap", don't think you will be selling more than a couple of 5-slotted Holy Shelters in a week spamming Trade-Nc IG channels every 10 minutes.

Anytime, you couldn't beat any middle level apu barreling chaos caves with a ppu for only 3 or 4 hours a week. Maybe on Terra 2 or maybe 3 runners a year could be able to make some decent kind of profits with such a cold "market" (how many heavyporkers here ? one ?), but that's just impossible with a monthly decreasing amount of newcomers. Only carebares or nerds are fully playing tradeskillers atm. If you don't trust me there, come on, even try to make a test on Pandore and his huge population. Just try to earn money selling spells or weapons.

I bet even runner's new npc vendors and the brand new trade-system (out with Tokyo III release, promise) wouldn't be able to make a trader being a rich man using his skills (except playing 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and beeing paid by KK maybe).

As a result, even using all tradeskills, my bigger income comes from money I get killing mobs (or being lucky in finding any crazy collector who's buying rare items for millions). I remember that guy who insulted me when I proposed a 4 slots blessed deflector for 70k ("lol ! y0u *** ! bl3ss3d d3fl3ct0r is only 30k at Y4k4rm4 !"). Then, for the moment I do like the others, I joined a clan, only loggin my tradeskiller at times for mates, only obsessed with our great objectives : taking OPs, running caves to get money. And let the other people (those who haven't got their own personnal-tradeskiller-char-alt or clan-servant) die with opened mouth waiting for hours after a sacerdotal reper at midnight in TH.

KK fixed Troop Carriers' chainbuilding and components prices, then they stopped all previously announced improvements on the economy, not fixing several bugs inherited from nc1 (like parts disappering after failed building process, for example), not even fixing new bugs from nc2 (like bugged concentrated antishock fluid recipe), which is like : doing nothing. Why ? Ask people always whining about nerfing paras, ppus and healing light.

Oh yeah, I forgot, in the past I wouldn't shut the f** up until that wise guy told me "man just do it for fun, building 1000 weapon parts a day for shit is so enjoying when you love it". He's right, I love being a tradeskiller that doesn't make profit, it is so interesting in NC (i won't even talk about leveling with tradeskills), maybe as fun as playing an apu who's never killing anything, maybe so fun that I'm... going to delete mine then become a hacker Apu. Then, I'm going to kill people AND make profits, until that day we are all going to be Apus waiting for a poker that does'nt exist in TH.

Save tradeskills. Sorry for my english.

Kozmos
12-04-05, 01:31
Plus, I really doubt more than 10 guys playing this game really give a shit about buying slotted non-rares, making profits, or giving any money to independent tradeskillers as far as they all have a clan.

My whole set of chars is chosen so as to simulate a small clan and be able to get regular loot (fire mobs, wb, doy tunnels, rare parts, etc) as fast as possible, then make it pass through all available treatments up to final products (ressing, csting from chemicals, salvaging unslotted/armourparts/junks, selling low-slotted stuff with a barter and the rest to players...), which should be they perfect way to make better profits and smallest waste of money, as people would do in a tradeskillers clan. But, as you know "people are just that cheap", don't think you will be selling more than a couple of 5-slotted Holy Shelters in a week spamming Trade-Nc IG channels every 10 minutes.

Anytime, you couldn't beat any middle level apu barreling chaos caves with a ppu for only 3 or 4 hours a week. Maybe on Terra 2 or maybe 3 runners a year could be able to make some decent kind of profits with such a cold "market" (how many heavyporkers here ? one ?), but that's just impossible with a monthly decreasing amount of newcomers. Only carebares or nerds are fully playing tradeskillers atm. If you don't trust me there, come on, even try to make a test on Pandore and his huge population. Just try to earn money selling spells or weapons.

I bet even runner's new npc vendors and the brand new trade-system (out with Tokyo III release, promise) wouldn't be able to make a trader being a rich man using his skills (except playing 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and beeing paid by KK maybe).

As a result, even using all tradeskills, my bigger income comes from money I get killing mobs (or being lucky in finding any crazy collector who's buying rare items for millions). I remember that guy who insulted me when I proposed a 4 slots blessed deflector for 70k ("lol ! y0u *** ! bl3ss3d d3fl3ct0r is only 30k at Y4k4rm4 !"). Then, for the moment I do like the others, I joined a clan, only loggin my tradeskiller at times for mates, only obsessed with our great objectives : taking OPs, running caves to get money. And let the other people (those who haven't got their own personnal-tradeskiller-char-alt or clan-servant) die with opened mouth waiting for hours after a sacerdotal reper at midnight in TH.

KK fixed Troop Carriers' chainbuilding and components prices, then they stopped all previously announced improvements on the economy, not fixing several bugs inherited from nc1 (like parts disappering after failed building process, for example), not even fixing new bugs from nc2 (like bugged concentrated antishock fluid recipe), which is like : doing nothing. Why ? Ask people always whining about nerfing paras, ppus and healing light.

Oh yeah, I forgot, in the past I wouldn't shut the f** up until that wise guy told me "man just do it for fun, building 1000 weapon parts a day for shit is so enjoying when you love it". He's right, I love being a tradeskiller that doesn't make profit, it is so interesting in NC (i won't even talk about leveling with tradeskills), maybe as fun as playing an apu who's never killing anything, maybe so fun that I'm... going to delete mine then become a hacker Apu. Then, I'm going to kill people AND make profits, until that day we are all going to be Apus waiting for a poker that does'nt exist in TH.

Save tradeskills. Sorry for my english.
Agreed, Although its fuckin boring, researchers have the best way to make cash imo, the TL 150 missions, either complete the missions, or sell the BP's onto others and you can make great cash that way, it just kills your mind sitting there for hours pressing start on the processor over and over...

One thing that is getting desperate is pokers, I have my own to log onto my laptop for whenever i cant find one, whenever I do i always give a decent tip and they always seem suprised... I just guess that atm the main problem is that the majority of players currently playing have been around a while, and are either in clans or have friends they can get to log a poker/resser/repper/conster for them, theres no real demand for freelance traders anymore, which means that overall theres no major income from cleints when it comes to trades now...

Cerbious
12-04-05, 03:11
The best way to make money with a good heart thrill is gambling. You can win good money in short time.... but you can also lose 10 millions of hard earned clan money within 5 mins.

omg Rah i almost cried laughing please god don't tell me u actully did that lmao :p

Capt. Rik
12-04-05, 09:54
Never sell tech parts on their own, you get so much more money if you manage to collect and build a 3-slotted or higher rare. Hell even 1/2 slot Cursed Souls go for more than the tech parts combined

Jesterthegreat
12-04-05, 13:24
yeah but 0 slots are worth shit all.

its a risk :p

Skusty
12-04-05, 14:00
I sell all my techs to my mate ! :p I get about 50 - 60k each :D

SirRah
12-04-05, 14:01
omg Rah i almost cried laughing please god don't tell me u actully did that lmao :p

I know.... i need a therapy :(

I lost like 15 million in the last 2 months and a mate lost like 20 millions. However we won quite some money there... before losing it all again. :(

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 14:02
I salvage my techparts. Just for the heck of it.
Still trying to compress the salvaging a used reveler key video.

Talk about decadence no? :-)

Capt. Rik
12-04-05, 14:04
I sell all my techs to my mate ! :p I get about 50 - 60k each :D

That's my point - 6 tech parts @ 50k each = 300k.

Saving/Trading/Colloecting enough to build a Slasher or a Cursed Soul with a bit of luck 3+ slots = millions probably depending on demand

msdong
12-04-05, 14:37
Just armorparts? Jeez. THat's for the noobs.

Save up the big entrails and such. Trust me, these net you millions in their own right.

yup, we need pickups for huntin ;) or more GOGOs reachableby vhc

trigger hurt
12-04-05, 16:35
the game needs backpacks!

Cerbious
13-04-05, 09:48
I know.... i need a therapy :(

I lost like 15 million in the last 2 months and a mate lost like 20 millions. However we won quite some money there... before losing it all again. :(

u got a gambaling proberlem m8, report immediatly to City Admin for some counicalling (it not a trap honest :D)

Original monk
13-04-05, 09:51
hey you guys mean gambling on duels or you mean gambling with an NPC ? or you mean stockx even lol ?

if there's an npc can you please tell me where he is cause i havent found em yet .. i asked a GM and he told me he wasnt in but other players are telling me there in :/

i wonna know where you gamble ! :P

mulle
13-04-05, 10:32
He's at the prison (oz7?). I'd advice you to get negative SL before going there or you'll get creamed by the guards ;)

Original monk
13-04-05, 10:39
He's at the prison (oz7?). I'd advice you to get negative SL before going there or you'll get creamed by the guards ;)

negative soullight is no problem at all :p

joy joy i wonna gamble ! and do the stockx work allready ??? thats also a kind of gambling :)

CMaster
13-04-05, 11:11
Yeah, most of the guards in the prison are totally bugged. They don't attack you, and in return are busy if you try to talk to them, and are invulnerable if you try to shoot them.

Drake6k
13-04-05, 12:22
Just play for over a year. That way all your friends will quit and you can get all their stuff!!

Obsidian X
13-04-05, 13:16
Yeah, most of the guards in the prison are totally bugged. They don't attack you, and in return are busy if you try to talk to them, and are invulnerable if you try to shoot them.

Most of them are too busy enjoying OZ life. Take this chap for example.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/obsidian/shot0008.JPG

Morganth
13-04-05, 23:27
/me stares at Kayne and Dank

I remember logging onto Vent each night, asking what people had been upto. Dank and Kayne always replied with "lost XX mill gambling". Happened every time, they'd win loads, then loose it all again. Then again, Dank never took my advice really, hence him getting banned :(

Scanner Darkly
15-04-05, 18:19
Onoes the green man got banned? /derail

It sounds like things are back to normal again. I guess for those with multiple accountsI there is always the option of keeping your second account tradeskiller logged on another comp in TH and doing whatever you're doing with your killer - just spam trade/local every now and then or keep an eye on what's going on and if you're needed and all will be well. Non?

It's all down to numbers right now and if the international launch is a success these woes may well disappear.

I used to make a decent living in NC1 with my cster and repper/resser/poker standing next to each other and working on what ever the clan needed doing at the same time. Rocket science it ain't.

Morganth
16-04-05, 10:30
Onoes the green man got banned? /derail

Now there's a name I haven't seen on the forum for a while. :D

But yeah, the green man got spanked himself when for the first (and last, lol) time he decided to test if KK had actually fixed something for once. In fact, it turned out that they left their flaw in, just monitored it instead. So they were lying in tha patch notes which stated that it was "fixed". Nice and decietful (sp?), thats the way I like companies to be run :rolleyes:

mulle
16-04-05, 11:08
Now there's a name I haven't seen on the forum for a while. :D

But yeah, the green man got spanked himself when for the first (and last, lol) time he decided to test if KK had actually fixed something for once. In fact, it turned out that they left their flaw in, just monitored it instead. So they were lying in tha patch notes which stated that it was "fixed". Nice and decietful (sp?), thats the way I like companies to be run :rolleyes:
Yea let's keep the exploiters instead....riiiight. If he wanted to "test" it, then it most likely imply that he had been using it before they "fixed" it. In any way, good thing kk got rid of yet anohter exploiter.....thumbs up kk.

Scanner Darkly
16-04-05, 12:06
Haha, hi Morganth.
It happened a bit like this:

Morg: "Don't do it Dank it's a trap!(!!!11eleven)"
SbD: "No I RP an exploiter, I have to stay true to WHO I AM!"
KK: "ho ho ho account banning we go :D"

Morganth
16-04-05, 16:47
Yea let's keep the exploiters instead....riiiight. If he wanted to "test" it, then it most likely imply that he had been using it before they "fixed" it. In any way, good thing kk got rid of yet anohter exploiter.....thumbs up kk.

Using a program to cheat isn't exploiting, its cheating. Thats the only time he has used it, I knew him, you didn't. He was testing it out because he wondered if KK learnt how to fix their problems, but it turns out they can't. And in relation to your last statement, he had already technically quit NC, so what you said it null.

Haha, hi Morganth.
It happened a bit like this:

Morg: "Don't do it Dank it's a trap!(!!!11eleven)"
SbD: "No I RP an exploiter, I have to stay true to WHO I AM!"
KK: "ho ho ho account banning we go :D"

More like -

Morg: Dank I wouldn't if I were you
Dank: Fuck it, this game blows anyway
KK: Seeing as we don't know how to code, lets have Carbonite go through the logs of OP layer hacks after the patch and spot the new timings that are logged.

hegemon
17-04-05, 04:27

That's a very good fix. They solve two problems in one. First they get rid of the bad effects a flaw has. Second, they get rid of dishonest people who are likely to exploit other flaws and generally destroying the game. Smart way of getting both prevention and revenge.

This is the road most of the security industry is taking. Monitoring, catching the bad guys and finding out what's going on has now a higher priority than technically preventing intrusions. Simply because we have learned that there are far fewer bad guys than holes and being passive doesn't work if you don't have a perfect defence (which no defence ever is as the Maginot line showed).