PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot request

Siygess
11-04-05, 13:24
Can someone take a close up profile (side-on) screenshot of the Assault Rifle model (So Pain Easer / TSAR / Tangent Assault Rifle etc) and post it here? I'm drawing something and I want it for reference :)

Mr Kot
11-04-05, 13:54
Here ya go...

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/Assault.jpg

:angel:

Siygess
11-04-05, 14:02
Gracias, Mr Kot!
Gracias.. :cool:

Genty
11-04-05, 14:19
Thats not a weapon you want to see close up :p

Jesterthegreat
11-04-05, 14:21
Thats not a weapon you want to see close up :p

unless your looking down the barrel its not so bad ;)

Maui
11-04-05, 16:43
swirly would make it look better :p

Skusty
11-04-05, 16:47
some one make 3dmoddel of PainEAser with Silencer, flash, laser and scope modded on :D Would be cool

MkVenner
11-04-05, 17:49
ive never really noticed how ugly and all over the place that gun is...

someone modliing it with all the gear on it would be cool tho, SOPMOD style

Dribble Joy
11-04-05, 17:53
Indeed, the clip is so far forward that the barrel can't be longer than 6 inches.

Siygess
11-04-05, 18:04
My concern exactly, DJ. The 80's favourite, the bullpup, would have been better, or even the tried and tested (in SMG's anyway) clip through the grip.. you could get fancy like the P90, Calico or G11 and have a have a horizontal feed.. or you could have this. A rifle that think's it's a pistol.. :(

Unless, that is, there is some kind of funky (and utterly pointless) mechanism to deliver the round from the magazine to the rear of the gun, level with the trigger. But of course, I'm very familiar with these weapons, and I know that your statement is entirely.. correct.

Dribble Joy
11-04-05, 18:20
Bullpup is good, but it does have the slight disadvantage of having the working parts in the butt, meaning that beating someone/something with it isn't a good idea. Less capacity for variable stock length, and with the spent casings coming out so far back, not great if you are left handed.

Does make things much more accurate and compact though.
The SA80 is 20 cm shorter in total than an M16, but has a longer barrel.

Oath
11-04-05, 19:31
ar15 for the win tbh.

The beauty if a gun is in its simplicity, the above example is not simple, its also inefficient and ugly, like dj said, you cant really smack someone about with an sa80 too much and then expect 0 problems, you wanna do that go kalashnikov or ar15 (or 14 - m16 - m4 etc etc etc) the fact there are so many models based on the ar* proves its use and effectiveness...wish civvy models had a forward assist though.

But moddeling a better gun that will actually go into neocron proves quite a large challenge.

Kozmos
11-04-05, 22:56
ar15 for the win tbh.

The beauty if a gun is in its simplicity, the above example is not simple, its also inefficient and ugly, like dj said, you cant really smack someone about with an sa80 too much and then expect 0 problems, you wanna do that go kalashnikov or ar15 (or 14 - m16 - m4 etc etc etc) the fact there are so many models based on the ar* proves its use and effectiveness...wish civvy models had a forward assist though.

But moddeling a better gun that will actually go into neocron proves quite a large challenge.
Lots of people have made stuff thats better then the versions currently in neocron, think back to the skin files in the NC1 modification forums, yet none of those made it in, and they wont release the model files for NC so thats impossible for anyone to work on and improve due to the extremely small minority that would use it for cheating etc...

Siygess
12-04-05, 01:45
Well, if you're wondering why I wanted the image, here is your answer:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1791863#post1791863

Oath
12-04-05, 11:25

Not too bad in 3d either, may go ahead and make it with round areas instead of just boxed though :rolleyes: if only i had some time :lol:

Siygess
12-04-05, 11:44
Yeah, shame really.. it's always a lack of time that stops a good idea from becoming something more. Nice work Oath - is that an extrude from the 2D image?

Comie
12-04-05, 11:46

damn man i know yu like stargate and all siygess but did ya have to go and steal jacks rifle... ya knows he gunna be pissed :p

Siygess
12-04-05, 11:49
damn man i know yu like stargate and all siygess but did ya have to go and steal jacks rifle... ya knows he gunna be pissed :p

Nah, that's only about 15% P90. The rest of it is inspired by the FAMAS, the Type 92 and of course, the Tangent Assault Rifle ;)

Oath
12-04-05, 11:50

:lol:

It's kinda mixed between the tangeant AR . To me is looks like the sa80 tan ar and the p90 , the front sight/handle is p90 like as is the grip, the main body looks sa80 like while the mag / front grip looks tangeant.

I like it, its a nice design.

Edit i made a mistake.... :lol: