PDA

View Full Version : PPU suggestions

J J
11-04-05, 10:32
Apologies if these have been suggested before, but are possible ways of reducing the PPU impact on fights. What if shelter and deflect lasted either a set period of time (as they do now) or until they had absorbed a set amount of damage, whichever is sooner. It would reduce slightly the 'invincibility' of a char with holy s&d on him, because instead of having to wait until the buffs run out to do any serious level of damage, you could effectively 'blast' the buffs away. Another possibility would be to limit a character to either shelter or deflect, forcing people to decide what would be best for their con setup/weapons they're likely to face. This might also have the advantage of increasing the different weapons people use in fight, eveyone would want to have both an energy/fire weapon or a force/pierce weapon and might make fights more interesting than everyone running round with a HL or a CS. Open to suggestions as to whether casting the other buff would override the original or would simply not cast on anyone who is already buffed. This could lead to problems with someone noob deflector buffing someone with a holy shelt on them to remove it, and then wasting them with a HL/CS ;) This might upset a few people I fear. Probably better to have it that casting the other buff has no effect until the original wears off. Suggestions/thoughts please.....

enigma_b17
11-04-05, 10:43
uh....another one....

If i wasnt so calm id flame away ;)

netster
11-04-05, 11:09
Apologies if these have been suggested before, but are possible ways of reducing the PPU impact on fights. What if shelter and deflect lasted either a set period of time (as they do now) or until they had absorbed a set amount of damage, whichever is sooner. It would reduce slightly the 'invincibility' of a char with holy s&d on him, because instead of having to wait until the buffs run out to do any serious level of damage, you could effectively 'blast' the buffs away.
i like this one :) 4stars!

Morganth
11-04-05, 11:30
I don't see it making any difference. Any of the really good PPUs (if they are still around) can rebuff someone everytime they get HAB'd, so what difference is after a set amount of damage? Just puts a small gap where there is no SD, but thats the same in any fight when the person you are trying to rebuff is running around.

Good idea, but I only see it differentiating between the good and the bad PPUs. Remember its the good ones everyone whines about, not the crap ones who think anyone can do it (look at all the FF PPU alts for example).

Preach
11-04-05, 11:46
Its monday morn, surely not time for a PPU talk.... again

paolo escobar
12-04-05, 00:36
i like this one :) 4stars!

Agreed.

I also agree with what Morganth said. But even the good ppu's will be pushed to keep sd on ppl, if their own and their team/clan m8s sd is getting blasted off.

Xylaz
12-04-05, 01:41
here's my suggestion

-shelter OR deflector only
-normal heal self castable only, group heal & sanctum as it as it is now
- remove para (all kinds of it, spells and weapons) - or make it pvm only

edit//it would include all ppu spell lvls of course/

[TgR]KILLER
12-04-05, 11:52
here's my suggestion

-shelter OR deflector only
-normal heal self castable only, group heal & sanctum as it as it is now
- remove para (all kinds of it, spells and weapons) - or make it pvm only

edit//it would include all ppu spell lvls of course/

shelter and def won't happen it been discussed. would screw over more classes then actually fix the ppu's

and para doesn't do crap in pvm so then remove it all together.

netster
12-04-05, 11:59
if u set S or D only, i'll see gankgroups of 4 droners there all day, just 2 use PartNemesis, 2 using Raptor.... useless

Xylaz
12-04-05, 12:05
ok seems you're right.

What about a simplistic solution: normal heal as self heal only, group & sanctums as the only way to heal others?

Wouldnt change anything in pvm, could make pvp more interesting, requiring tactical usage. Shortened OP fights but still manageable (ppu stays behind, team members come back to healing/buffing then proceed to attack), harder to use in a apu+ppu gank actions (risk of healing the enemies as well).
Wouldnt make life of ppu's impossible, just reducing their effectiveness in pvp (only)

And yeah, i would vote to increase greatly para effect for pvm, but to remove it completely from pvp.

/edit/ of course, lowering effectiveness of buffs and s/d would help a bit as well, but as far as i know, its rather uhm controversial issue...

Original monk
12-04-05, 12:16
also been proposed xylaz, you should check the KK ppunerfthread first, i mean the KK ppusolutionthread :)

i think they didnt found it the way to go either, they is KK togheter with the community btw :)

Xylaz
12-04-05, 12:19
also been proposed xylaz, you should check the KK ppunerfthread first, i mean the KK ppusolutionthread :)

i think they didnt found it the way to go either, they is KK togheter with the community btw :)

yes i know, i wrote a similiar post there :P

Just re-posting this, because i think its a viable solution (maybe KK didnt look at it or maybe i'm on their ignore list :p )

ROZZER187
12-04-05, 13:37
not really a constructive thing to post but these threads give me a headache tbh, cant wait to see the last of em. :rolleyes:

same for the keep/remove holy para threads :p

Jesterthegreat
12-04-05, 13:56
I don't see it making any difference. Any of the really good PPUs (if they are still around) can rebuff someone everytime they get HAB'd, so what difference is after a set amount of damage? Just puts a small gap where there is no SD, but thats the same in any fight when the person you are trying to rebuff is running around.

Good idea, but I only see it differentiating between the good and the bad PPUs. Remember its the good ones everyone whines about, not the crap ones who think anyone can do it (look at all the FF PPU alts for example).

when the SD is "destroyed" make it start to run.

thats like 10 secs of weakness...

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 13:58
Rezzing hybrids, that are toned to be ballanced. That's your ideal sollution.
Then all you need to do is readjust the high level mobs a bit (the 120's).

Nullvoid
12-04-05, 21:18
There's nothing ideal about hybrids. I want to be a ppu, not an apu, not a fusion of the two.

Jesterthegreat
12-04-05, 21:20
There's nothing ideal about hybrids. I want to be a ppu, not an apu, not a fusion of the two.

and i want to take 0 damage.

however its not my game, its KK's.

Nullvoid
13-04-05, 00:56
I'm just trying to put some balance into the talk as if *every* single person with a psi monk wants to be a hybrid.

E. Cryton
13-04-05, 01:01
i hope i got it right...

well, that would cause even bigger zerg fights.
more runner, more dmg ...

Morganth
13-04-05, 05:08
when the SD is "destroyed" make it start to run.

thats like 10 secs of weakness...

You mean when you get debuffed have a cooldown on when you can be rebuffed?

Sounds like a good idea, but it would make chain HABing as irritating as chain paraspam. Perhaps make it only foreign buffed S/Ds are affected by this, otherwise any class that self buffs itself for PvP is pretty screwed (Spy loosing shelter, PE loosing both for 10 secs = fatal). Would certainly shorten fights, thats if the people doing the debuffing can aim. :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
13-04-05, 07:20
You mean when you get debuffed have a cooldown on when you can be rebuffed?

Sounds like a good idea, but it would make chain HABing as irritating as chain paraspam. Perhaps make it only foreign buffed S/Ds are affected by this, otherwise any class that self buffs itself for PvP is pretty screwed (Spy loosing shelter, PE loosing both for 10 secs = fatal). Would certainly shorten fights, thats if the people doing the debuffing can aim. :rolleyes:

the point is to make ppu's less god like too... maybe 10 seconds is extreme though :p

hell 3 seconds would do, it would give a small weakness before the rebuffs himself / the target.

Morganth
13-04-05, 23:23
the point is to make ppu's less god like too... maybe 10 seconds is extreme though :p

hell 3 seconds would do, it would give a small weakness before the rebuffs himself / the target.

3secs is nicer. An APU could drop a PPU in 10secs without a problem if he was unbuffed. This should tie in with overriding buffs, because 3sec is far too long a window for a PPU to be nib buffed in. At least at the mo a well timed nib buff is right after the HAB or the PPU rebuffs and you have to start again.

enigma_b17
13-04-05, 23:39
how about changing Resist PSI into PSI Durability or something similar and then setting the effectiveness of shields on that player to depend on a combination of psi durability and con. This would mean 2 things
- people would have to sacrifice the ability to manipulate psi to a certain extent
- people would concentrate more on their own con setups as opposed to being fine once im sheltered mentality.

This way ppus maintain their usefulness and dont get nerfed. Of course for that to work the reqs and how effective shields would be with certain number of points would need to be exact and accurate.

Morganth
14-04-05, 09:43
how about changing Resist PSI into PSI Durability or something similar and then setting the effectiveness of shields on that player to depend on a combination of psi durability and con. This would mean 2 things
- people would have to sacrifice the ability to manipulate psi to a certain extent
- people would concentrate more on their own con setups as opposed to being fine once im sheltered mentality.

This way ppus maintain their usefulness and dont get nerfed. Of course for that to work the reqs and how effective shields would be with certain number of points would need to be exact and accurate.

You'd gimp monks then. Unless you set it that if you have 0 points specced then there is no change, but the more points you spec the more effective the shields get.

I always concentrate on my CON setup, then I apply shelter and rearrange points to be most effective.

netster
14-04-05, 09:47
How about making HolyHeal selfcast only, while all other stay for themself.
For Groupheals/Sancs the runner need to in a PPU-Team, to get this PPUs heal.

edit: or groupheals = teamed / sanc = no team

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 13:57
meh...

remove holy ppu spells.

bump blessed to holy req's (but keep blessed efficiancy).

ppu still has a place in op wars, and its still an important one. ppu's still dictate combat to an extent... but it sa step in the right direction without a massive nerf

enigma_b17
14-04-05, 14:56
em no ta....
ppu has no offence there would be no justification for removing holy buffs.

Bugs Gunny
14-04-05, 15:02
Wanna meet up with my tl17 sword ppu, using his db, parashock and soulcluster?

Jesterthegreat
14-04-05, 19:44

hell me spy made capped people run usin a TL 17 sword...

no offence is bullshit, and there is much justification to do it.

ppou's think they are fine, spies think stealth is fine, people who use the xbow think its fine, the old hybs bitched when they were changed (back when they were like gods)...

everyone whos gettin the candy doesnt want to lose it.

Morganth
15-04-05, 14:31

Gestra did that at the beginning of NC2 under the PAIN banner. Got us well known very fast :p

Jesterthegreat
16-04-05, 12:56
3secs is nicer. An APU could drop a PPU in 10secs without a problem if he was unbuffed. This should tie in with overriding buffs, because 3sec is far too long a window for a PPU to be nib buffed in. At least at the mo a well timed nib buff is right after the HAB or the PPU rebuffs and you have to start again.

thinkin about it the change would have to be holy only or blessed / holy only...

this would destroy PE / spy defence if it was applited to all, and decrease general balance

Morganth
16-04-05, 16:49
thinkin about it the change would have to be holy only or blessed / holy only...

this would destroy PE / spy defence if it was applited to all, and decrease general balance

Yeah. Although on my PE I don't think I have ever been debuffed, but its always nice to know that I wouldn't be completely fucked if someone decided to debuff me.