PDA

View Full Version : solo pvp

eprodigy
11-04-05, 08:28
alright so just some advice thinking out loud and asking as well.. where can someone out for some solo pvp/pking go anyway... im not into op fights anymore , too many ppus, too much lame things like ug zoning and zerging, basicly too much crap that I dont feel like bothoring with, not to mention im not clanned anymore. i run around on my pe looking for a fight of any kind and either I find no one, or I find like 8 people with 3 ppus.. theres just doesnt seem to be room in neocron for the lone pker out for a fight.. not there fault if i run into there big group but people just dont care..

another thing is where to go... crp is always empty, full of allies, or a ton of procity raiding it or what not.. pepper park is always empty and entering sector 1-2 is hard to do much fighting there with all the guard para, even if it wasnt empty..... only whole in plaza is p2 rontrade and almost always theres a guard inside the area screwing it up and its always empty anyway.. is everyone hiding in TH nowadays??

basicly the only fun im having alone is in neofrag which are great fun but id really like to get back to some real pvp without having to join a clan, shove ppus in my ass and play on my tank... what the fuck is the point of pvp with a ppu anyway outside op fights.. wheres the fun in that

[rant off]

Bugs Gunny
11-04-05, 08:32
Even though i have a high level ppu, i agree.
But there is still a lot of solo pvp to do, mostly if you're a stealther spy though.

And i'm all for removing the guards in the PP sectors. It's more fun without them.

eprodigy
11-04-05, 08:40
just to clarify, while it would certainly make me happy to see ppus totaly removed :) this post wasnt mainly meant to be a ppu rant, more then that someone looking for a fight but 9/10 times finding nothing.

i mean remember in NC1.. first of all the old pepper park fights were hundred times better then any cheezy plaza "raid" we occasionaly see now, especially with all the copbots and para going down. enemies were all around you and factions all over the place so anyone could run around the city looking for a fight and expect to get one... tell me that wasnt better then anything it is now.. now with 2 empty cities

Bugs Gunny
11-04-05, 08:42
sometimes i wish i had been part of the beta crowd, when there were no ppu's yet.
Most of those people long for the days when pvp was, as it seems, a lot more fun.

mulle
11-04-05, 08:59
Go Pro-City and raid CRP. It's great fun as long as you have a way of escape for when doy bring their ppu army (either stealth or some kind of vehicle if you're a PE)

The Ottoman
11-04-05, 09:33
I was patrolling PP yesterday. Haven't encountered one red tag runner. Then we saw a stealther so my clanmate pulles out a doombeamer and starts blasting. It turns out it was a pro-city spy. :D Luckily he survived.
With the current playerpopulation the worldmap is too big. More players hopefully will change this. Guess we'll have to wait for International Release.

Original monk
11-04-05, 09:35
epdrodigy i completely know what you mean ... i agree 100% even 200% and i think its sad :/

i dunno a supposed solution to this, have tought alot about it but :( i also miss the small fights (not pre-arranged NF or other duels NO) around PP etc :/

i asked alot for removing the guards away from PP 1-2 but even then its the people that make the fights he ...

sometimes i wish i had been part of the beta crowd, when there were no ppu's yet.

there where ppu's yes, very rare but you had a few .. same with apu's (medikitmonks) :)

but you prefer holy buff hybrids wit energybeam and parabeam instead of our ppu's ? a bit later when rares got intoduced holy buff hybrids with holy lightning and fire apoc ?

i wouldnt mind em comming back either :P but i can tell ya that the whining we have about ppu's now is nihil, zero, nada compared to what hybrids had to endure when they where in the picture back then :)

E. Cryton
11-04-05, 12:37
Go Pro-City and raid CRP. It's great fun as long as you have a way of escape for when doy bring their ppu army (either stealth or some kind of vehicle if you're a PE)
that means, 5 mins of fighting, then leave.
i never did a crp raid since nc2 started, without a ppu showing up to fight me :rolleyes: .

Bugs Gunny
11-04-05, 12:41
The fun thing about crp is:

One spy kills a bunch of runners. 2 mins later they have 10+ people on allert, with lots of ppu alts logged. Meaning that one person kept 10+ people from doing what they were doing, and made them log alts etc... It's extremely annoying for them :-)

E. Cryton
11-04-05, 12:46
especially if the spy leaves, when the ppu's are arriving :lol:

i love it to watch them running around and trying to find my riflespy, when i already logged my droner :D

eprodigy
12-04-05, 00:57
remove all guards in both cities, except at the entrances aside from the secret,side entrances but remove the johnny 5's, remove TH safezone, keep faction HQ's safe, but remove the GRs in them. now people have to have some danger to get where they're going- and even within there own city arent safe from not just ally killers but also (faction) enemies. i would like that but everyones not ;)

i cant even stand crp anymore.. not just the problems i mentioned above but now theres getting to be too many droners ffs.. i dont know but i find droner pvp really lame as in theres no skill involved in hiding your body and shooting people from safety without any or work other then point and clicking from a tiny drone that is really near impossible to hit.. and dont give me that "just go find there body".. my idea of fun or a good fight is not running around like an idiot looking for someones meatsack when there probably exploiting some clipping bug anyway.. so droners make the fighting less fun for me anyway..

mulle
12-04-05, 07:48
remove all guards in both cities, except at the entrances aside from the secret,side entrances but remove the johnny 5's, remove TH safezone, keep faction HQ's safe, but remove the GRs in them. now people have to have some danger to get where they're going- and even within there own city arent safe from not just ally killers but also (faction) enemies. i would like that but everyones not ;)

i cant even stand crp anymore.. not just the problems i mentioned above but now theres getting to be too many droners ffs.. i dont know but i find droner pvp really lame as in theres no skill involved in hiding your body and shooting people from safety without any or work other then point and clicking from a tiny drone that is really near impossible to hit.. and dont give me that "just go find there body".. my idea of fun or a good fight is not running around like an idiot looking for someones meatsack when there probably exploiting some clipping bug anyway.. so droners make the fighting less fun for me anyway..
It's actually quite easy shooting down a drone if you got the right equipment (available to all but spies and apus, but then again they don't have a problem really). I'll leave it up to you to figure out what

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 09:01
I quite enjoy looking for droners. I find them 80% of the time. The trick is being a droner yourself for a couple of weeks.

As for downing a drone. Just keep laying down fire on them, they won't be able to see shit due to their fuzzy screen then.

solling
12-04-05, 09:34
what u guys gotta understand about CRP is that people lvl there anti city a LOT and yes they lvl with ppu + FF always have people running around cycrow as well

so when u guys come with ur teams and then u seee omg 10+ people at crp omg we got ZERGED it just makes me laugh

well they lvl there duh... :p

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 09:42
I'm sick of the word ZERGED.
It's silly to complaing about being outnumbered.
What do people want?

doy runner:"Hello city folk, how can i help you?"
city guy:"Oh we would like to kill you. Is this a problem?"
doy runner:"certainly not, let me tell my 7 friends to leave"
city guy:"Mighty nice of you, i'll tell the 8 spies stealthing beside your boddy to log off for a min or two"

doy runner:"Ok, no tl3 healing me, you ready?"
city runner:"Sure, are we the same level? How much health do you have?"
doy runner:"about 452"
city runner:"oh, i have 478"
doy runner:"I'm sorry sir, but we can't duel then, it just wouldn't be fair"
city runner:"I understand, i'll go now. Have a nice day"
doy runner:"You too, and give your friends my regards"

RogerRamjet
12-04-05, 09:48
If the game ran like that i think KK would have to implement bowler hats tbh.

Kuya
12-04-05, 10:00
What do people want?

city guy:"Mighty nice of you, i'll tell the 8 spies stealthing beside your boddy to log off for a min or two"

Bugs m8, that you even take the time to talk to them, i would have pulled out teh gun and blasted him, then have my 8 spies have a contest about who can hack the belt the fastest :D

Original monk
12-04-05, 12:47
If the game ran like that i think KK would have to implement bowler hats tbh.

i wouldnt mind see them bowlerhats on itself being implemented tough :)

ROZZER187
12-04-05, 13:49
What do people want?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well posted tbh m8, i can see where you coming from with this.

@ eprodigy...remove ppu's completly?? :lol: ppu's piss me off too even though i have one but ppu's will always be here for mc5, lvling etc oh and be a pain in the arse :p

Crest
12-04-05, 14:00
We were a small clan (5 RL peeps) always up for some killing, most time we were out numbered, but that was ok ..... A tank with a plasma wave always hurts.

We would have a good scrap for 10 mins with enemy .... and 9 / 10 times after we were co-ordinating well and possible winning the battle, someone always brought out a PPU .... Talk about killing the mood. Of course we try and take the PPU (Normally log on 2 dronners, cause I have yet to see a ppu out heal 2 drones at a time - raptors).

But then it also take a little luck - IE APU not running with him, catching him early enough so he cant run cause his legs are gone, then he cant out heal you ..... That kind of thing .....

I have been called a stealthing whore before, and all that means is I won

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well posted tbh m8, i can see where you coming from with this.

@ eprodigy...remove ppu's completly?? :lol: ppu's piss me off too even though i have one but ppu's will always be here for mc5, lvling etc oh and be a pain in the arse :p
hehe...leave pPU's ... just remove their spells :)

Bugs Gunny
12-04-05, 14:04
I find tl3 heal + xbow works like a charm to at least make ppu's run for their life. If they stay around for the second tl 3 heal they are dead.

Darkener
13-04-05, 02:37
Just go raid crp or go on a doy city raid.

For crp if your anything but a spy that can stealth do hit and run battles. In and out as fast as you can. When it happens and it always does ( especially if you raid the cave and kill people inside) a mass of people will come. As long as you kill at least one before going down or go down fighting it was a good death :P.

As for DoY. Well finding people is a pain in the ass but it can be done. Just watch out for the guards. Especially at the bottom of a elevator. Oh and if your looking for a way in cme from the less well known faction HQ's. BD and TSU sure they have strong guards but if you run past them clocking 50 mph well they cant do shit. Just dont get lost.

zii
14-04-05, 23:12
Remove all the safe zones then noone can hide. Even those who kill allies, because then they cannot hide inside their faction HQs.

Next, add some draw a weapon you are dead CopBot style reaction guards into TH and off we go. Exploits would have to be ironed out but thats for later.

Now you can solo PvP everywhere.

[ If you're a tradeskiller then you can keep you LE in... ;P ]

On topic: I am also unclanned and have tried solo pvping inside NC city, being anti and all that, but cannot find many people around. I sometimes wait in PP1 outside the guards' view for some unforntunate to run through but they never do so I spend 10 mins recasting my buffs waiting for nowt. Later, I run off to PP2 to help the lone BD guard fight off the 4 CA Guards that keep trying to take him down. Then I bugger off.

=REMUS=
15-04-05, 00:34
Pistol/Rifle PE's always used to be able to do solo pvp. As a tank I never had much problem, but fighting stealthing PE's was often quite hard unless I had some AOE to keep the heat on.

I don't know how the game has changed though, still 471 files to download :mad:

CMaster
15-04-05, 00:36
PEs can't stealth no more.

eprodigy
15-04-05, 01:12
zii that idea is pretty similar to mine, but i can deal with faction hq safe zones just without GR's, and of course removing all guards.. aside from just resetting back to nc1 and deleting DOY i think this idea is the next best thing.. to me anyway :)

@ eprodigy...remove ppu's completly?? ppu's piss me off too even though i have one but ppu's will always be here for mc5, lvling etc oh and be a pain in the arse
well even though its a waste of time since obviously KK would never have the sense to just remove them ;) they'd simply have to rebalance areas for doing them without a ppu, just a bit more then as if they removed foreign cast heals as they recently proposed.

i never played pluto.. but i think on a one slot server (aside from those gay people with multi accounts ;)) there'd be a lot more PE's and a lot less PPU's.. who wants to be stuck playing a ppu all the time :S and most people enjoy playing/have a PE but of course log to a monk or tank when they arent alone (ie with a ppu+!)..

numb
15-04-05, 10:07
I personally think (op) fighting would be a lot more fun, if people didnt feel the need to bring numbers to win and used their skill instead. When I used to play in MiG, I'm pretty sure, a lot of time, the size of group used for a fight was determined by how many of the opposing sides players were online or how many were at the op (and it is quite simple to send a spy to scout the op). There is no fun in sending 20 people to deal with 5. There's no point to it, the fight is over far too quickly.

It's not really a case of 'they should get more allies if they want to beat us', it's a matter of how much fun you actually want to have in game, and what reputation you want your clan to have.

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 10:23
When a clan can bring 22 people to an op fight without asking other clans to come, then the response has to be to bring 20 people too, no matter how many clans are involved.
I quite enjoy the large epic battles. It's more fun than having a 5 on 5. We even see vehicles being used now, different strategies, long range engagements, ...

Read The Art Of War, the word ZERG is never mentioned in there.

Nullvoid
15-04-05, 12:38
cus starcraft wasnt out in sun tzu's time for the word to filter into general use ^^

numb
15-04-05, 13:25
cus starcraft wasnt out in sun tzu's time for the word to filter into general use ^^

haha :)

I think it's a very poor comparison, this is a computer 'game', not a real war, death has very little consequence.

E. Cryton
15-04-05, 13:27
What do people want?
so u think its ok if 15 ppl start hacking an op if the owner clan has like 3, 4 ppl online ?
and u think its fair if 2 tanks raiding crp and like 10 enemies gathering with 4, 5 ppu's to kill those 2 tanks ?

sorry, but u dont got it.
u blowed the word "zerg" out of all proportions. u just alduterated the real meaning of "zerg".
no one will use the word "zerg" if he attacks like 10 ppl on his own and get killed. no one !

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 13:48
Even though most of the fighting i've done in nc2 was always on the outnumbered side, i don't think it's "lame" or "unfair" to bring more people.
The first op fight we did in nc2 was just 6 of us, and all of a sudden we had 25+ dome runners showing up on the dunes of Yutano. Pretty impressive sight.

Being part of a clan and having one is building it up.
Be it to have a solid monetary and item backbone for you and your friends or making it into a large fighting force.

If there are major clans holding an op, there's no point in thinking that a 4 man clan can take those ops and hold them.

When i raid crp on my spy, and kill a guy from a huge clan, i expect them to bring a bunch of people, they are in the same clan, they are friends, hence they'll help each other out. Part of the fun of being in a large clan is to show you force from time to time.
Yesterday i went to crp to kill some anti runners, i got 4 of them before the "large force" of tanks, apu's, spies and ppu's got me. I didn't complain, i came there to kill a few, and i knew if i stuck around i would get killed.

If you get outnumbered get help, form alliances, or just realize there's not enough of you to do the fight and return another day.

Neocron is about ballance of power, politics, alliances, strategy and the difficulties of people's personalities.

E. Cryton
15-04-05, 13:52
Even though most of the fighting i've done in nc2 was always on the outnumbered side, i don't think it's "lame" or "unfair" to bring more people.
The first op fight we did in nc2 was just 6 of us, and all of a sudden we had 25+ dome runners showing up on the dunes of Yutano. Pretty impressive sight.
so its fair, to fight with 25 vs 5 ? cant see any fairness in it.

When i raid crp on my spy, and kill a guy from a huge clan, i expect them to bring a bunch of people, they are in the same clan, they are friends, hence they'll help each other out. Part of the fun of being in a large clan is to show you force from time to time.
Yesterday i went to crp to kill some anti runners, i got 4 of them before the "large force" of tanks, apu's, spies and ppu's got me. I didn't complain, i came there to kill a few, and i knew if i stuck around i would get killed.
they come with masses coz they'd lose in a fair fight.

If you get outnumbered get help, form alliances, or just realize there's not enough of you to do the fight and return another day.
Neocron is about ballance of power, politics, alliances, strategy and the difficulties of people's personalities.
back in the days, where skill was needed to win a fight, where ppu's werent ig, a tank pe team tooked out 30 runners in a op-fight.
all at their lvl.
and why ? coz skill was needed to win a fight.
now u need (ppu)masses.
if u think thats ok/fair, up to u.

i dont think so.

Bugs Gunny
15-04-05, 13:59
1.Yes, if they have the force to do it, why ask them to leave 80% of their guys sitting at home?

2.There are some real good fighters in FF, wether you like it or not. (and lots of bad ones too lol)

3. I never said i liked the whole ppu bashing each other to death thing.
I wish i had been around in the pre ppu days, and as far as i'm concerned they can remove ppu's altogether and make hybrids ballanced. (i have a 77/60 ppu myself).

E. Cryton
15-04-05, 14:06
1.Yes, if they have the force to do it, why ask them to leave 80% of their guys sitting at home?
to have the ability to do something doesnt mean, its fair.
i remember ncat fights in nc1 when we had like 6, 7 online and small clans with 2, 3 members attacked us ... we went there with ppu tank combo and enjoyed the fiar fights.
but hey, for some clans its necessery to outnumber their enemy.

Jesterthegreat
15-04-05, 14:09
pvp in small groups > pvp solo or pvp zergs.

i love runing round on my melee tank (noob... /57 with beast, xstrong and camo PA) with another melee tank and fighting everyone we see (well... we try to not kill /30 or under, i'd rather they leveled up so they could give us a fight later)

numb
15-04-05, 15:33
Towards the end of my days in NC1 (well NC1 clanned anyway), it did start getting to the zerg to win mentality.

I've been on both sides of the coin and neither side was fun to me. I am totally against it, there is no honour in it and there is nothing you can truely feel you accomplished by it (In my opinion of course). It's obvious 20-5 wins, and if the losers make up their numbers to 20, more often than not the 'winner' pushes theirs to more.

Inntal
15-04-05, 16:12
I've been on both sides of the coin and neither side was fun to me. I am totally against it, there is no honour in it and there is nothing you can truely feel you accomplished by it (In my opinion of course). It's obvious 20-5 wins, and if the losers make up their numbers to 20, more often than not the 'winner' pushes theirs to more.
Thats the reason why we defend our ops alone. Last week we had loads of great fights against FF in jeriko, both sides fighting alone. And its the reason why we always prefer to get hired by the ppl who get "zerged" then those wo "zerg", or just watch some fights, even if enemies are involved (though we defend if getting attacked, or also do fight sometimes when we just popped in somewhere ocasionally with 2 ppl or so and totally unorganized :angel: ).

I enjoy fighting alone on my HC tank, they should remove the guards in the PP (I prefer dealing with 1 or 2 ppl zonewhoring runners over not fighting at all ;), and as plaza is no savezone anymore... )

eprodigy
15-04-05, 23:00
pvp in small groups > pvp solo or pvp zergs.

i love runing round on my melee tank (noob... /57 with beast, xstrong and camo PA) with another melee tank and fighting everyone we see (well... we try to not kill /30 or under, i'd rather they leveled up so they could give us a fight later)

yeah i dont always go alone but.. no matter how big your group is.. finding the fight always seems to be 95% spent looking for people...

Darkener
16-04-05, 16:09
Thats the reason why we defend our ops alone. Last week we had loads of great fights against FF in jeriko, both sides fighting alone. And its the reason why we always prefer to get hired by the ppl who get "zerged" then those wo "zerg", or just watch some fights, even if enemies are involved (though we defend if getting attacked, or also do fight sometimes when we just popped in somewhere ocasionally with 2 ppl or so and totally unorganized :angel: ).

I enjoy fighting alone on my HC tank, they should remove the guards in the PP (I prefer dealing with 1 or 2 ppl zonewhoring runners over not fighting at all ;), and as plaza is no savezone anymore... )

Fighting the fair fight is good its ok. Being in someones pocket is not. Being aloud hold ops because you have a familiar relationship with a clan over a matter of honour/ rules you set down is stupid.

It kills PVP because it means you dont attack some days because meh they dont have the exact same numbers online that we do. You always check the city com before attacking. What happened to the days of op fighting just for op fighting because the people you fight are enemys ?? Familiar relationships ruin PvP. Some might even say that they are holding back the tide because the 2 said clans that have territory dont attack each other. The bigger one wont attack cause it doesnt need another serios enemy. The smaller are just happy that there clan has ops so they tell themselves its a matter of honour. Yet in the end the smaller clan is just bought. If they were really enemys there would be a non stop battle for territory.

Helping clans that get zerged is ok i suppose but it has never worked. You always make more enemys and eventually you will be taken down but what annoys me the most is when you fight for your sworn enemy even thought you are mercs you dont help the only thing red to you. This helps the argument that your clan is bought. Maybe not directly but in other ways if the bigger clan is getting attacked you wont attack even though they are your enemy what ever plans you did have toattack are gone, but hey maybe you enjoy sitting on token ops been allowed to hold them by a force that if they wanted to could take them but dont because hey. Napolean/****************** couldnt fight a two front war. Neither can they.