PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought... could the CA DNS have more interesting things in it?

Heavyporker
09-04-05, 05:37
I just wanted to suggest...

could the CA DNS have the APC bps in it? That'd make them so much more widely available and much more favorable to being used.

Right now.... think about 500k without barter from the 90 symp CA FSM versus 200kish, more or less, for a built one.

Which one makes you more likely to run out and buy an APC for newb-running to TH and MB and NC?

And dare I say it... OP warfare?

Obsidian X
09-04-05, 12:07
Never seen an APC even used in NC2, but if its anything like NC1 (which I have no reason to believe otherwise) then its not worth using, as you'd be lucky to even zone when carrying passengers.

RogerRamjet
09-04-05, 12:35
Ive only seen one in use, and that was when PHaze were preparing for an OP war at Battle Dome. An enemy APC kept coming up to the GR saying things like "Please, we're all noobs, let us tag the GR". Granted, they were all noobs, but every time they got close they were met with walls of cannon fire.

Ah the good times.

Major Havoc
09-04-05, 12:39
Slightly off topic, but I believe the same problem exists with the Dome Carrier - it's case of pack the parachutes if you're hoping to cross a syncline with a few passengers, I don't even think it'll carry the full compliment of passengers either :(

APC's aren't without use, I recall in early NC2 when our clan were out tagging GR's and drove straight into the middle of an OP fight, with the enemy at the gates of the OP and our allies inside, outnumbered and slowly dropping like flies - imagine everyones surprise when we all jumped out and got stuck in :wtf:

What was particularly surprising was that there was no crying of 'Zerg' on Trade-NC and a good natured chat on OCC on how it was fortunate that we quite literally rolled up when we did :cool: