PDA

View Full Version : Fair duels

Terayon
09-04-05, 00:49
Im just curious to what ppl think of this.

Anyways in a fair duel you are not lalowed to have a weapon drawn before the fight has begun. Why? Becouse its an unfair advantage having your recticle locked before the fight.

So how is it fair to heal right before the match has begun, or to have your heal drawn? Just somthing small that kind of annoys me, not a big deal and i certently dont bother mentioning it in fights.

Opinions?

(dont know why i put this in off topic.)

Spermy
09-04-05, 13:54
To be honest - any kind of mutual agreement works for me...

if he has a heal drawn, fine - i'll get mine out too, in my opinion a fair duel is an equal match with the same advantages - and that is almost never gonna happen - due to class difference, individuality in setups... armour... lag... ammo... equipmwent quality etc etc...

Just be pleased yer gettin a duel!

I haven't had any since last year!

naimex
09-04-05, 14:05
Im just curious to what ppl think of this.

Anyways in a fair duel you are not lalowed to have a weapon drawn before the fight has begun. Why? Becouse its an unfair advantage having your recticle locked before the fight.

So how is it fair to heal right before the match has begun, or to have your heal drawn? Just somthing small that kind of annoys me, not a big deal and i certently dont bother mentioning it in fights.

Opinions?

(dont know why i put this in off topic.)

The duels i used to fight were always :

-Back to back
-No weapon or spell drawn
-Full buff and full health before fight (self buff only)
-Any weapon available is allowed to be used
-Damageboost is a support spell, and is therefore allowed, but only during fight, not before fight.
*EDIT:* -Heals are allowed during fight, and rebuffs also (its a priority thing, do more damage or get some health back) */EDIT*
(-) Para/Freeze only allowed in second duel (if one of the persons has an extreme advantage without any of these, the disadvantaged was allowed to use para/freeze).

Oath
09-04-05, 14:31
Fair?

Nothing like it.

A tank can draw his cannon and have the reticle lock, lower it and then pull it when the duel begins and the reticle locks quicker, an apu can start with a non rare weapon drawn, half the time it doesn't show its still a good 20 - 40 hp off in one shot, people with reticles can fire behind them, so can the apu but meh, can eat all the drugs in the world, whos gonna know, cept the whole cant mouse 2 after three drugs :rolleyes: sneaky ppu shelter?

No such thing as a fair duel, only in those that dont know shit about the game.

Btw, pre cast damage boost sanctum was the bane of my existance ;)

[TgR]KILLER
09-04-05, 15:29
sorry to say oath but your full of ....

ppu shelter.. you can see it very easy if its cast by the user himself or somebody else.. and the dmg will be noticed to so no not an option.
always start back to back so you can't have any lock on. and having spells out make our arms go a meter longer :p all things can be seen. if somebody fucks up then just won't get any duels no more..

Oath
09-04-05, 18:58
KILLER']sorry to say oath but your full of ....

ppu shelter.. you can see it very easy if its cast by the user himself or somebody else.. and the dmg will be noticed to so no not an option.
always start back to back so you can't have any lock on. and having spells out make our arms go a meter longer :p all things can be seen. if somebody fucks up then just won't get any duels no more..

Shhhh. :lol:

MkVenner
09-04-05, 19:35
it's pretty much up to both sides wanting a fair fight, pretty much all the duels ive been in have been with good sportsmen who are mature enough to want a fair fight...

Jesterthegreat
09-04-05, 21:19
The duels i used to fight were always :

-Back to back
-No weapon or spell drawn
-Full buff and full health before fight (self buff only)
-Any weapon available is allowed to be used
-Damageboost is a support spell, and is therefore allowed, but only during fight, not before fight.
*EDIT:* -Heals are allowed during fight, and rebuffs also (its a priority thing, do more damage or get some health back) */EDIT*
(-) Para/Freeze only allowed in second duel (if one of the persons has an extreme advantage without any of these, the disadvantaged was allowed to use para/freeze).

yup... all that with either a 5-4-3-2-1 or a 3-2-1 countdown is what i would define as a duel.

:edit: the worst thing i find with dueling is 90% of tanks heal at "2"...

naimex
09-04-05, 22:19
yup... all that with either a 5-4-3-2-1 or a 3-2-1 countdown is what i would define as a duel.

yes of course, i forgot that,

I ONLY duel with countdown, otherwise it isnt a dual, its just a 1on1.

Jesterthegreat
09-04-05, 22:56
yes of course, i forgot that,

I ONLY duel with countdown, otherwise it isnt a dual, its just a 1on1.

im sick of people countin when im clearly not ready... and its always a tank in my own clan too... fuckers ;)

Terayon
09-04-05, 23:11
Ah glad im not the only one who thinks healing right before the match begins is lame.

Hope to duel some of you ingame, exept oath. Sneaky bastard.

MkVenner
09-04-05, 23:34
i hate doing the counting, i always go 1 2 3 3 5 or miss enter and take a stam lol

E. Cryton
10-04-05, 00:01
did that a few times ...
i'm so lame :(

Jesterthegreat
10-04-05, 00:22
did that a few times ...
i'm so lame :(

chops and rev do it constantly...

followed py "PE fucker, you take to long to get ready"

:p

E. Cryton
10-04-05, 00:23
just because ... thay have to ...
and ...
they cant win without this lame zerg shit tactics :mad:

Terayon
10-04-05, 01:52
they cant win without this lame zerg shit tactics
This is a no zerg thread.

E. Cryton
10-04-05, 03:02
but we could turn it into one.

Terayon
10-04-05, 03:14
but we could turn it into one.
There are enough of those retarded threads. I dont want any more flamefests.

Oath
10-04-05, 14:21
exept oath. Sneaky bastard.

KKKKOOOOOSSSS.

I dont often get the chance to play anymore hehe, that and like killer said, most of those tricks are known about and people arent that dumb ;) :lol: