PDA

View Full Version : When are chars wiped?

djskum
08-04-05, 12:33
How long after account cancellation are your characters wiped? I hear the international release is very soon, if the pops go up then I may well come back. If my chars are wiped however, I'll stay playing WOW ;-)

DjSKum

Major Havoc
08-04-05, 12:35
I think characters remain intact for three months following cancellation of your account, and then they are wiped from the database.

djskum
08-04-05, 12:37
Whats the general account enquires address for the NC team? Want to find out if I still exist ;-)

Deej

Dribble Joy
08-04-05, 12:38
I think characters remain intact for three months following cancellation of your account, and then they are wiped from the database.
That is the official line, however, as far as we know, no chars have ever been deleted due to cancellation.

djskum
08-04-05, 12:44
That would make sense for them to do that.

Deej

Nidhogg
08-04-05, 13:02
AFAIK we've never deleted a character that has expired naturally since NC1 began.

N

/edit - the official line is three months though.

naimex
08-04-05, 13:43
like nidhogg, ive never heard of a char that got deleted due to a cancelled account yet.

and the official statement is 3 months.

but i believe the only real threats for character wipes are :

"account corruptions (heard off, but nothing that couldnt be fixed with minimal losses)" and "dying harddrives (very remote possibility / backups?)" and "lack of diskspace (not likely)"

djskum
08-04-05, 13:57
Thanks guys, good to know.

Deej

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 14:07
Ok DJ, here's the rundown..... activate with PBC, log on, change to CA and download ventrilo.

Then remember to remap your keys, do a bit of neofrag and we're off to wage war again :-)

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 14:41
Ok DJ, here's the rundown..... activate with PBC, log on, change to CA and download ventrilo.

Then remember to remap your keys, do a bit of neofrag and we're off to wage war again :-)

OR, use PBC/C2P whichever works best for you, we'll pay for your change to BD the best and superior faction, oh and download teamspeak2 ;)

Jesterthegreat
08-04-05, 14:45
teamspeak is awful sound quality copared to vent...

and i wont discuss BD's quality here

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 14:58
teamspeak is awful sound quality copared to vent...

offtopic: I agree on some codecs, TS is lower than Vent in quality, but at its best codecs TS is pretty close. The real nitty gritty is more people have problems with Vent usually, it requires more beefed up hardware in terms of better soundcards. And I know some will say thats true for TS as well, but I an atest to using TS2 for over 3 years now and have helped over 40+ people setup and use TS2 the majority of which aside from one or two have no problems with its usage in talking or hearing. Whereas in Vent not only do I have problems speaking, but alot of people I know as well (hearing and speaking that is).

I don't think the Vent company is very forth coming with tech support. Granted most people are using the older versions of the server/client so its still free, even the newer versions will simply require you to install a new sound card or new drivers which isnt an option for most. Basically TS is lower quality but more compatible. And hell, to me it still sounds like telephone quality. The only sound problems are generally people using either A, speakers, or B, a non-headset microphone which means more distortion and an echoing effect cause the mic is farther away.

numb
08-04-05, 15:53
Does this mean the image of my characters stored when NC1 became NC2 are still available (and will still be available on international release?). I think my accounts were still open for a couple of months after that.

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 16:00
DJ, be sure to bring back the other guys too there's gonna be a lot of fighting and op wars soon.

djskum
08-04-05, 16:11
LOL! My PvP skills are going to be mock for some time to come! But I'll be waiting with baited breath as to the results of the international release. If it picks up and looks like it might be like the old days(tm) then I'll be back!

Still got my capped pe, apu and tank tho. Are melee tanks still overpowered and are HC tanks still a pain to use? Might LOM my HC tank to melee...

Deej

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 16:17
I don't think melee is overpowered, if it ever was I'm not sure. In pvp, para will own a melee tank, withou anti para or para drugs, yer toast. you can do yer best to juke and jive, hope to dodge and get in a few hits if their close but its hard. fun, but hard.

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 16:19
I deleted a near capped melee tank and lomed my hc tank to hc -melee hybrid.... :-) Melee tanks can be downed. HC is king again due to a change in the reqs for weapons.

djskum
08-04-05, 16:21
So the classes are now balanced? No more smurf'o'cron or monk'o'cron?

And has that stupid "feature" that allows almost instantanious hacking of ops been sorted?

Deej

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 16:23
Yep, people banned for that too.

It's ballanced in the sense that it's ballanced when there's no ppu's around :-)

djskum
08-04-05, 16:25
Good that was one of the reasons why i left, made OP fights not worth doing. Can one of you guys post a pic of the map? Interested to see the balance of power.

Deej

Original monk
08-04-05, 16:32
LOL! My PvP skills are going to be mock for some time to come!

no no no :)

pvpskills are like riding a bycicle, swimming and having sex ...

once you know how to do em decently you never forget in youre life :)

if youre comming back, welcome back again :D

djskum
08-04-05, 16:43
The error in your logic is that I was never any good in the first place ;)

Anyone got any stabalisers i can borrow? Keep scuffing my knees up...

Deej

evs
08-04-05, 17:17
Is there a way of getting an old account that was on a (pretty dead) server like Pandore moved across to Terra?

I wouldnt really want to start again if i started replaying nc.

Kozmos
08-04-05, 18:14
no no no :)

pvpskills are like riding a bycicle, swimming and having sex ...

once you know how to do em decently you never forget in youre life :)

if youre comming back, welcome back again :Dlies ive come back after 3.5 months and i cant hit jack shite now with my tank, thats why im playing my monk again and thats where your statement comes in.

NC's reticule and 3rd person aiming takes time ti train, granted once you know the methods etc for dueling and fighting it just takes time to get back into it, but the way you gotta geep a lock on people is quite different to alot of other games, and monks aswell.

Is there a way of getting an old account that was on a (pretty dead) server like Pandore moved across to Terra?

I wouldnt really want to start again if i started replaying nc.
Nope, I transferred one of my chars to the wrong server, capped int/psi ppu monk onto pandore aswell, couldnt get it changed onto terra so started leveling up a mid level one i had from saturn on terra :(

djskum
08-04-05, 18:29
Well I could never hit anything with my HC tank, imagine my suprise when I capped my APU and became quite dangerous!

Deej

Kozmos
08-04-05, 18:33
Well I could never hit anything with my HC tank, imagine my suprise when I capped my APU and became quite dangerous!

Deej
Thats a testament to why NC is monk-o-cron imo, the fact that the no reticule, instant hit upon click style aiming that monks has is a big advantage to other classes ;)

unreal
08-04-05, 18:36
lol, that's because being a monk is piss easy, just run around, point and zap. That's why monks, especially APU's, should be zerged. They zap like twice a second with tonnes of damage; their firing rate should be slowed down. o_O

Kozmos
08-04-05, 19:12
lol, that's because being a monk is piss easy, just run around, point and zap. That's why monks, especially APU's, should be zerged. They zap like twice a second with tonnes of damage; their firing rate should be slowed down. o_OLets start another anti monk bandwagon ! :D

[edit] oh oh i know... what about removing psi bosters :lol:

Jesterthegreat
08-04-05, 19:18
offtopic: I agree on some codecs, TS is lower than Vent in quality, but at its best codecs TS is pretty close. The real nitty gritty is more people have problems with Vent usually, it requires more beefed up hardware in terms of better soundcards. And I know some will say thats true for TS as well, but I an atest to using TS2 for over 3 years now and have helped over 40+ people setup and use TS2 the majority of which aside from one or two have no problems with its usage in talking or hearing. Whereas in Vent not only do I have problems speaking, but alot of people I know as well (hearing and speaking that is).

I don't think the Vent company is very forth coming with tech support. Granted most people are using the older versions of the server/client so its still free, even the newer versions will simply require you to install a new sound card or new drivers which isnt an option for most. Basically TS is lower quality but more compatible. And hell, to me it still sounds like telephone quality. The only sound problems are generally people using either A, speakers, or B, a non-headset microphone which means more distortion and an echoing effect cause the mic is farther away.

ive never had a problem with vent and i have never used anything but onboard sound. no fancy sound cards needed for me

Original monk
08-04-05, 19:42
Lets start another anti monk bandwagon ! :D

[edit] oh oh i know... what about removing psi bosters :lol:

LoL class :p

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 19:46
Death to all robewearing scum !! :D

naimex
08-04-05, 20:45
Death to all robewearing scum !! :D

hot sexy females that just came out of the shower....

shame on you!!!

Maui
08-04-05, 23:10
well if there JUST out of teh shower, there NECKID :O

Kozmos
08-04-05, 23:22
well if there JUST out of teh shower, there NECKID :O
and wet :D

naimex
09-04-05, 00:50
hmm.. first thing me x did when she got out of shower was to put on a robe :(

Drake6k
09-04-05, 08:06
AFAIK we've never deleted a character that has expired naturally since NC1 began.

N

/edit - the official line is three months though.

Hahaha yeah. I always thought it was funny when a friend quit for over a year and still had this character. 3 months is the amount of time until KK "could" delete it.... I guess..