PDA

View Full Version : Elistist, Justificationers, or their offspring

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 09:22
This is gonna be a rant.

Tired of rants? Don't read.

Nidhogg wanna lock this? Go ahead, that would suck, I can't stop it but hey, I really dont give a fuck.

Let's start off with the elitists, I oh so love these guys.

I'll admit, I am a combat noob. I started NC2 when it came out in October 04. And since, one of the "types" of people I've come to enjoy are elitists. The guys who have played since Mega Super Pre-Alpha Test Build v.00001 when the game was all wire mesh models, had no textures and was in mono color. These guys are fucking hardcore and can "pwn" any "nib" in the game. An 0/2 noob who doesn't know about the LE and pulls it out, oh run if you can. The elitists spider sense starts a tingling and before you know it their right beside you in the middle of bum-fuck-nowhere of K2 and yer dead. But don't even say a word, cause they've played since the devs started drawing conceptual art back in 1973. These are the bread and butter that keep the servers running, and while some are real nice folks, the most I've enountered are the exact above.

My personal, personal favorites are what I call the Justificationers. The guys no matter how low, how lame something is, these guys will do it and have a complete story to back it up including cliff notes and examples. My personal humour out of this "type" of people are the ones who think its ok cross over part of Elitists with this. Get killed by yourself, aganist 5 guys and 3 ppu's paraing you? It's fine cause 4 weeks ago these same guys got "zerged" one time at a op fight that lasted all of 5 minutes, an op fight no one remembers, an op fight they didnt even come close to winning. But hey, that makes a complete flat out "pwning" of a lone runner.

Within the Justificationers, mainly the example listed above are the ones that scream "omg reroll with LE" "fucking uninstall ya nib" etc. I LOVE those guys. Let's see, an LE is totally protected from pking right? And other than that he gets what, oh wait, NOTHING. Non LE's get clans, clan apartments, the ability to do epics etc Sure theres the risk of dying but that does NOT balance out on both sides as it should. But hey, combine the Elitist with a Justificationer and you got a 5 year veteran who pratically drew the bitmap image art of the LE implant model and he'll be screaming a storm of how you as the nib you are that got "pwned", should pop that back in!

And uninstalling, god there's an option! Because someone anyone, gets jacked by 10 vs 1, and decides to remotely say something in his defense, his options are the LE which as proven isn't a very good option or simple uninstallation of a game he pays for just as these others do? GOD I LOVE THOSE CHOICES.

Gloaters, are also ones I enjoy. Got "pwned0z0roired" by those 10 vs 1? No problem, within 60 seconds you'll see at least 3 of them gloating in one of the various ingame chat channels that are spammed on how they've hacked your belt and taken that item. Not that the item is worth anything, probably a stamina booster but man, they sure "pwned" you and hackz0red your belt! They will hold that stamina booster they hacked out of a belt close to them as they sleep like it's the last single Dimension Splitter on the server and no one else can look at it. Or better yet, you get yer implants repoked and look theres a dozen of them in the place yer getting poked, and you find out one of yer shitty Point Red bought imps that was originally 45/45 is broke, run. Run away cause they will fucking hoot and holler like the Cubs won the world series and the Celtics won the championship at the same time. "omg fucking nib, we brokez0red yer imps what now nib, fucking nib we're beta 03943049309430 players nib". I love these guys, they remind me that even homeless street bums are more educated and polite than the average internet users. Much like clamidia, they stick around with a passion though.

And the ones that scream "omg zerg, haha it took 3 of you to take us 3 out". Let me get this straight, cause I honestly want to know: I'm hunting in Location A, alone. 5 enemies come up and kill me. I call for help from fellow Anti's, and clan mates. In return 4, or 5 of us come back to Location A to retrieve my belt, rez me and see if their still there. When their still there and we kill them, its US that zerged them and US that had to call for help so WE'RE the pussy nibs? GOD I LOVE IT. And I thought Vulan logic was some twisted confusing shit, hell you make the Rules of Aquisition seem like grade school learning material if you expect us to fall for that bullshit. And some fine bullshit it is too, have ya considered running for office? You'd give any political figure a run for his money with that line of bullshit.

Nothing but frelling piles of dren.

end rant mode

Kuya
08-04-05, 09:28
gees :o god this is annoying

edit: Nid plz close this

Original monk
08-04-05, 09:34
a great read :) would be even cooler with names included but thats not for on the forum ffcourse, i enjoyed it, certainly the nice comparisons :)

ps: this is neocron, there are some weird people hanging around here hehe, its part of the game :) after a few years saturn you dont even notice nomore :P

Kuya
08-04-05, 09:36
Its yet Another post about a problem that has been discussed to many times.

BradSTL
08-04-05, 09:40
You'd probably consider me an elitist, having been playing since the game was first translated into English early in NC1 beta 4. There are people who have a lot more experience than me. There are also even more people who have less experience than me, which is why I write guides. I don't use my years of experience to gank noobs, I use it to answer questions in the HELP channel.

There's a whole range of Justifications. About half of the people you'd call Justificationers are people I'd call role-players. It's an aggravating amount of work to learn the backstory in this game, but once you do, it's a terrible waste if you don't use it. If, on the other hand, you twist parts of it out of context to make excuses for why you can do whatever you want no matter what your superiors in your faction say, I don't call you a Justificationer. I call that a thug.

And if their justification is "if you don't want to risk getting shot, put your LE chip back in" then they're right. What's more, if you choose to disregard that advice and you do get shot by people or a group you can't beat while you're soloing, the smart thing to do is to do your leveling elsewhere. There are about 300 maps in this game. Trust me, there are plenty of places that are good leveling that are completely freaking empty.

I share your aggravation with the Gloaters. Trash talk aggravates the heck out of me. But unlike you, apparently, I'm even angrier at the Whiners. If you get killed, the appropriate response is not to go crying on the chat channels (ESPECIALLY not the Trade channels) about evil PKers. Go back and get them. If you can't, then go elsewhere. Don't trash talk to them, either. Direct message them and say, "Good shot" or "Good size group" or "Good job spotting a time when I wasn't expecting you." Because if you direct message them back with whining and crying and begging for your equipment, or if even worse you make empty threats (including the most hated, overused acronym in the game, "KOS!"), then you're as bad as they are. Worse, really. People like you encourage people like them.

Terayon
08-04-05, 09:43
lol

The biggest assholes always make the most noise :)

Only a small minority are like that. I would imagine its not so much heard in other games becouse you cant normaly talk to the entire server, enemies and allies, if you feel like it.

sanityislost
08-04-05, 09:46
lol dont know if your totally unlucky or im just blind, havent really had any of
those problems....maybe a slight bitch fest on trade but thats about it.

Only thing to say tho, about the LE.....your in a pvp game...dont like pvp go
play EQ2.

SiL ..:..

Original monk
08-04-05, 09:46
youre guides helped me out alot bradSTL, especially when i needed info on hacknet :)

my hacknetchar is now a cyberterrorist, i love it :) i got kicked out of my faction tough :/ and now i cant get in the hacknet lol, changing TG tonight :)

i dunno what it is with the DM's after i kill someone or after i get killed myself, but i learned to know alot of friends by getting killed or killing :)

Terayon
08-04-05, 09:50
your in a pvp game...dont like pvp go
pvp is one thing, what he described was another.

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 09:51
I don't care about people dming me, or shittalk, it makes me laugh.
When someone uses the word pwnzored or haxxored, i just put them on ignore as most of what is to follow goes below the 80iq level anyway.

If i hunt and run into 5 enemies, hey it's my own fault for being in a dangerous part. They have every right to kill me.

I'd like to add one more class: the "ppu symbiotic pvpgod".
Never leaves home without a ppu. You ALWAYS get dmed after the fight, not with congratulations, but with "you went down so fast".
The best one of these i ran into was a ppu hybrid, with a ppu to support him. After a noobheal the ppu almost went down, but parashock, db and psi attack2 from the hybrid just did the spy in. The pistol spy received a bunch of dm's calling him a nib cheater, and he should learn to fight fairly instead of using noobheals. That one had me cracking up days after still :-)

Nothing annoys me too much anymore in this game. I've learned to breath in and breath out, move on and enjoy the game instead of bitching about it.

Siygess
08-04-05, 10:00
Eh, it's an opinion post but based on real issues that some of us have just learnt to ignore. What can you say?

Yay Farscape! :angel:

Rogue Arson
08-04-05, 10:26
My favourite are the guys who die, dm their killers talking shit, then die again in 10 minutes. These are the same guys that scream on alliance that they need help against the "bunch" of reds in the area (usually 2 or 3) on alliance, and get righteously pissed when allie pvper aren't standing by, awaiting their call for help. These self righteous victims often insult the same ppl they just asked for help from because it took time for us to remove ourselves from whatever we were doing to gr in, take drugs, then locate the 2 or 3 enemies and kill them. What name would you give these ppl Dr Strange? I can't think of a good one =\

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 10:27
Self obsessed victims? :-)

Gotterdammerung
08-04-05, 10:47
Since this has remained flame free and is somewhat amusing I think this can stay open. Please keep it nice & clean though, It's humorous so lets keep it that way.

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 10:50
My favourite are the guys who die, dm their killers talking shit, then die again in 10 minutes. These are the same guys that scream on alliance that they need help against the "bunch" of reds in the area (usually 2 or 3) on alliance, and get righteously pissed when allie pvper aren't standing by, awaiting their call for help. These self righteous victims often insult the same ppl they just asked for help from because it took time for us to remove ourselves from whatever we were doing to gr in, take drugs, then locate the 2 or 3 enemies and kill them. What name would you give these ppl Dr Strange? I can't think of a good one =\

*edit* nvm

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 10:53
Not all categories of players are to be laughed at or hated:

"The slotgods".... Tradeskillers who live for their tradeskill. People who get a fetishist kick out of seeing their name on rares, preferably the 5 slot ones.

"Perverted pokers" .... Live most of their life in techhaven, using the same, never disinfected low level poketool on everyone, hoping for a tip for their near prostitution like service.

"Rogue researchers"... Also live in TH, offering to research techparts for people. They are sometimes known to keep a store of unwanted researched L, T and E parts in their inventory to do "swaps" for parts they need.

"I'm new, got no clue" ... I usualy treat these folk with respect. Can be found anywhere in both cities, sometimes even lost in the wastelands. Are known to beg for cash and directions all the time. Great conversationalists, and can entertain for hours if needed :-)

Preach
08-04-05, 11:01
I understand his point completely, some of the stories i hear of wars and fights that i personally have been involved in and witnessed are obscenely inaccurate when told by the other side. Most of the dm's i get are 'haha, it took fuckin ten of u to kill my one spy'........ this is usually some piss poor spy attacking CRP who got owned by a cave team..... as if they wouldnt be there!! o_O. And i have already posted how ridiculous the notion "zerging" is, its almost as bad as reworking PPU's because they ruin on op fights :rolleyes: , i cant tell u the amount of complaints i get when i ppu a cave, everyone always saying "leave ppu, your making it unfair on the mobs" hippocrites

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 11:15
i cant tell u the amount of complaints i get when i ppu a cave, everyone always saying "leave ppu, your making it unfair on the mobs" hippocrites

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously? thats just....damn, I cant think of a response to that really heh.. I mean if they think its unfair for mobs, do they think its ok for pvp? Heh.

@ Bugs, the research thing is funny, kinda proves how i've ended up with like 20 paw of tiger parts at times o_O. the poking thing is just, strange. i mean i know people like to use the tl 30 tool exploit but they should fix that, that way pokers need to spend some of that tip money on a better tool, lord knows us csters need our tl 150's (though Im sure you could get by with something lower, not often a high tl job comes by). And we were all guilty of the "im new help me please" cause I mean who hasn't stopped and asked for directions before they knew of navray.

Still think gloaters are my favorite. the only one that ever was cool about it was some of the guys from SXR, they'd own most of us when raiding FA/TG but at least they were cool about it even in their gloating. Unfortunately most people aren't ;\

Bugs Gunny
08-04-05, 11:26
People even take this thread too seriously :-)

The tl30 poketool thing is NOT an exploit, nor is it a bug. It's been around for years. I actualy use a tl150 remote poke tool, but it was transfered from NC1 (and it's almost broken too).

I was just pointing out those characters in the hope that people could define some other "funny" playertypes in the game.
Funny how people can sneak in the "please don't nerf my ppu" plea in a post like this.

Morganth
08-04-05, 11:28
I like it when I kill someone fairly (as in we have seen each other coming from a mile off and it obvious there is gonna be a fight) and after they DM me saying "I lost because I had yellow SL". Now, I can't understand how having yellow SL is a reason for death, so I tell the guy I'll fight him again when he has green. Guess what, he died again. This time, its because he needs to lom. Excuses, excuses.

Torg
08-04-05, 11:38
tip'o'the hat to the threadstarter, great read, keep on writing, neocron just needs men like you!

and, yes, that pvp-system needs to be reworked. have to admit i dont have a slution for all problems either.

RogerRamjet
08-04-05, 12:01
I like it when I kill someone fairly (as in we have seen each other coming from a mile off and it obvious there is gonna be a fight) and after they DM me saying "I lost because I had yellow SL". Now, I can't understand how having yellow SL is a reason for death, so I tell the guy I'll fight him again when he has green. Guess what, he died again. This time, its because he needs to lom. Excuses, excuses.

Theres quite a few of these guys. You usually get some classic lines in Neofrag, such as :

"I had slow run speed bug"
"Healing in fights isnt fair"
"Damage boost isnt old school" etc etc.

These people probably come under elitist, however theyre so "elite" you hve to use a tl 63 Uzi in fights with them :p

Dribble Joy
08-04-05, 12:44
Healing, DB and para in a 'pure' duel is naughty. As is using more than 2 drugs :p.

I would make several comments about the inane, elitist and self important nature of the threadstarter and others here, but I can't be arsed and probably get acused of hypocracy.

Preach
08-04-05, 13:20
At the end of the day, if ur big enough to take ur le out ur big enough to get a slap no matter how it happens. Its dangerous, our server is based on red = dead, a philosphy our clan lives by. our members dont ask if it is ok to kill a CA or Tangent or Biotech, its standard rule. If u get ganked on ur own, too bad, just try something different, ive been ganked as a nib and as a capped player, it happens, there is nothing in this game that cannot be gotten again so game on. and next time u see who killed u, stamp on their face

Original monk
08-04-05, 13:27
Healing, DB and para in a 'pure' duel is naughty. As is using more than 2 drugs :p.

I would make several comments about the inane, elitist and self important nature of the threadstarter and others here, but I can't be arsed and probably get acused of hypocracy.

i wouldnt mind some comments :P tough knowing this forum it always ends in a small (flame)war and a soon lock on the post :)

tough i dont believe in pure duels ... if you want a pure duel you should have 2 identical chars :) and then its better to play some counterstrike hehe .. it all depends on the given situation and the classes that are fighting eachother :) freeze is kinda dirty tough especially when 1 uses it and the other isnt :/ but for example when you play a hybrid and a melleetank attacks you with PoB you would be stupid not using a freeze :)

i dont like the real dirty techniques, i aint going into detail, i dont wonna give hints lol, a simple example would be trading someone in the middle of a fight .. (not mentioning the option alt+k ffcourse wich people seem to forget sumtimes, including me hehe)

to get back to the pure duels part i would like to mention that i absolutely hate the current situation of duels in neofrag ... who invented that ?

-> someone yelling on trade/ooc that there's are big neofragfight going on .. so i think PARTYYYY !! and log in an apu/tank/rifler or sumthing likewise and get my ass up there: to find 15 people standing there watching how 2 people fight o.O whats the fun in that ? while you can have a giant massacre there lol .. but OOO boy when you dare to kill someone LOL, then youre spoiling the duels ... nibbish

thats no action .. ya yust fall alseep .. its like getting a new gameconsole as a kid and having to wait to play till youre brother is done with the round/level :/

using more then 2 drugs can be dangerous for yourself hehe, if the fight takes a bit to long youre crawling over the floor :)

Kozmos
08-04-05, 13:33
Mav you may find that people give you additional aggro ingame due to your attitude on the forums.

Generally it helps not to have a sig with your chars name in it on the forums if you dont want to grab someones attention while in a argument on here.

Not a flame, Just i dont think you realise how much of a stuck up 'elitist' you sound yourself at times, on the forums anyway

Morganth
08-04-05, 13:59

I hardly ever used DB in a fight, mainly because I could never get the cast time right and end up loosing too much health in the mean time so thought it was pretty worthless. I remember a lot of Saturn PEs used to carry a low TL parashock on them, not that it made much difference.

I used to duel a lot in PP1 with my 5 drug slasher setup, that makes me a sinner :p

08-04-05, 14:15
I empathise with the threadstarter (which is why my LE remains in)

Unfortunately People are, and always will be, a problem

Escapism is a good thing, but any escape that allows one to be free of accountability and responsibility for ones actions will sooner or later degenerate into anarchy

Which is why MMORPGs have controls in place (although these controls dont always work [as intended])

Jesterthegreat
08-04-05, 14:17

no healing in a duel?

O_o

hell these days i expect a para in a duel...

:edit: i expect it... i dont do it...

i DB and i heal. course i fuckin do. why the hell wouldnt i? cos an apu cant?

Original monk
08-04-05, 14:37

cause its not 'pure' !

i still gotta meet my first pure duel in neocron tough (i never participate in pre-arranged duels btw)

Comie
08-04-05, 14:39
no healing in a duel?

O_o

hell these days i expect a para in a duel...

:edit: i expect it... i dont do it...

hell yea man, thats sooo imbalanced! nerf teh PE's more :p

a duel is the first person to kill the other, thru skill or brains yu use the tools at hand, we all agree that we all hate parashock and it should be removed.

But until it is, its fair game (and i hate parashock with a vengance)

Jesterthegreat
08-04-05, 14:39
cause its not 'pure' !

i still gotta meet my first pure duel in neocron tough (i never participate in pre-arranged duels btw)

is a pure duel what me and naimex did where we stood still and simply shot each other in the face til one of us dropped? surely moving is a seperate task?

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 14:47
Mav you may find that people give you additional aggro ingame due to your attitude on the forums.

Generally it helps not to have a sig with your chars name in it on the forums if you dont want to grab someones attention while in a argument on here.

Not a flame, Just i dont think you realise how much of a stuck up 'elitist' you sound yourself at times, on the forums anyway

Oh, I'm aware. I know at times I come off as the biggest troll and flamer there is. I try to tone down that feeling at times, I am just very opinionated.

There is no character of mine named Dr. Strange ingame, there was but I grew tired of playing a PPU. 2 of my original alts are known, the other 2 well a few know one, the other is completely unknown ;p Hell at one point when 3 letter names were allowed finally I made an alt named Mav but that didn't turn out so well. Though I'm very used to going by the same name, I have since Quake 2 way back in the day around 97/98. I'm far from elitist in terms of skill and "veternship" (I don't judge by post count or join date as much as I do knowledge and skill), though as said it may appear that way.

I've never been one to bit my tongue. I try on occasion to, hell I've been banned for speaking my mind too much. While I can understand the need for a less abrasive tone, I also know I would be a totally different person if I just became the guy who smiles and knods in agreement with everything.

Plus if it gets that bad, just call me out on it, hell many people do already *cough*jester*cough*

Kozmos
08-04-05, 15:12
Oh, I'm aware. I know at times I come off as the biggest troll and flamer there is. I try to tone down that feeling at times, I am just very opinionated.

There is no character of mine named Dr. Strange ingame, there was but I grew tired of playing a PPU. 2 of my original alts are known, the other 2 well a few know one, the other is completely unknown ;p Hell at one point when 3 letter names were allowed finally I made an alt named Mav but that didn't turn out so well. Though I'm very used to going by the same name, I have since Quake 2 way back in the day around 97/98. I'm far from elitist in terms of skill and "veternship" (I don't judge by post count or join date as much as I do knowledge and skill), though as said it may appear that way.

I've never been one to bit my tongue. I try on occasion to, hell I've been banned for speaking my mind too much. While I can understand the need for a less abrasive tone, I also know I would be a totally different person if I just became the guy who smiles and knods in agreement with everything.

Plus if it gets that bad, just call me out on it, hell many people do already *cough*jester*cough*
The problem is that its the people that smile and nod in agreement that get further in the world then those that speak their minds truely, this applies alot in real life work places aswell as the internet.

Kuya
08-04-05, 15:49
-> someone yelling on trade/ooc that there's are big neofragfight going on .. so i think PARTYYYY !! and log in an apu/tank/rifler or sumthing likewise and get my ass up there: to find 15 people standing there watching how 2 people fight o.O whats the fun in that ? while you can have a giant massacre there lol

when we go with the clan there is usually someone who starts shooting another person, or killing the one that is the winner of the dual and then just suddenly everyone goes after eachother, and that is soooooo damn funneh :lol:

Dr Strange
08-04-05, 15:54
offtopic: speaking of NF, wish the Dome's Wargames was open. NF is nice but I get nervous venturing into pro teritory. I feel safer in the ghettos of DOY where I know the landscape.

Original monk
08-04-05, 17:04
is a pure duel what me and naimex did where we stood still and simply shot each other in the face til one of us dropped? surely moving is a seperate task?

im not exactly sure to be honest, i stole 'pure' from another post here :)

tough i think standing still would be even more pure yeah, in my eyes pure would be that on top of that you guys have (at the least) an exact same consetup/armour and same damage% on the weapon you use, ffcourse it must be the same weapon :) (ow and the same (ammo)mods)

both cant use heal/freeze/db .. ffcourse

think you cant go more 'pure'er then that :) you would also drop at the same time but thats another thing LOL

for the record: luckely not everyone fights the same and with the same techniques and setups :)

suddenly everyone goes after eachother, and that is soooooo damn funneh :lol:

thats not funny lol, thats how a neofrag should be :P .. yust 10-20 people inside there and kabaam, everyone shooting everyone to pieces !

deathmatchlike, total randomness, total chaos, everyone for emselves :D

but noooo ... waiting in line until after half an hour someone fights you and it takes what ? 12 seconds top ? LOL .. my first reaction is always: hey lets try to kill these other 10 also :D but as soon as you casted/shot 2 times on another player its like: OMG WTF COMMON MAN WHY ARE YOU SPOILING ALL OUR FUN ? LAMER, FUCKING GRIEFERS IN NEOCRON .. and im like: WTF are we here for ? to read a book, drink some tea and watch how other people fight ??

(thing im telling here actually happend .. 2 bad i cant name names lol cause it really suprised me that all those selfproclaimed "killers" can entertain emselves with such boring 1 vs 1 's for a whole night o.O)

no thanx .. then i prefer ressing techparts .. waaay more action and excitement ..

l8m0n
08-04-05, 17:10
ps: this is neocron, there are some weird people hanging around here hehe, its part of the game :) after a few years saturn you dont even notice nomore :P
lol have to agree, pritty much seen everything in my many years on saturn

Masentaja
08-04-05, 17:18
I actually enjoyed reading that, I know how you feel Mav :E

paolo escobar
08-04-05, 18:36
@ thread starter : Hey man you forgot to mention the ppl who once/if u make a le char, say to you "remove ur le u nib, so i can pwn u" or something to that effect.
Like ur not allowed to use an LE and ur defo not allowed to talk about pvp and related activities if you do have an Le.

mulle
08-04-05, 19:42
@ thread starter : Hey man you forgot to mention the ppl who once/if u make a le char, say to you "remove ur le u nib, so i can pwn u" or something to that effect.
Like ur not allowed to use an LE and ur defo not allowed to talk about pvp and related activities if you do have an Le.

Or the people who make a new char with LE, just so he can trashtalk as much as he wants without having to worry about getting killed (happened alot in NC1@PP1)

SovKhan
08-04-05, 19:45
but in nc1 you could zone-barrel. =)

the good old days

Maui
08-04-05, 19:55
rofl, I think I actualy fall in all 3 categories

I pwnz y0 n00b, uninstall and ill sex your stamina booster, while petting my backup of the ncbeta4.

bi0
08-04-05, 21:15
all else aside, lets be honest - if they are better than you, they got the right to be elitest, cos they are good and have practised and earned it... fair enough i think

Jesterthegreat
08-04-05, 22:38
(thing im telling here actually happend .. 2 bad i cant name names lol cause it really suprised me that all those selfproclaimed "killers" can entertain emselves with such boring 1 vs 1 's for a whole night o.O)

no thanx .. then i prefer ressing techparts .. waaay more action and excitement ..

people whine about random pk'ers...

people whine about a fair duel...

is there anything people wont whine about?

Kozmos
08-04-05, 23:24

nope, people that say they dont whine are always whingeing about whiners, fkin hypocrites if you ask me :p

Mighty Max
08-04-05, 23:49
/set moral_mode 1

Ppl tend to overuse words as elite.

If i'd took for real what they told me in army, i would be the elite of the elites.
If i'd take for real what they tell about my current university, i'd be a elite-student.
If i'd take for real that beeing around for a long time in here, i'd be an elite neocron player.

And to be honest i suck in most things but a few.

The more you believe those voices the less good you are. The final goal is always to make yourself proud of what you've done, without lying on yourself.

The justifcatiors are just one step beside (sometimes ahead, sometimes left behind). That's the start of you realizing that it is a illusion you are proud of.

They'll at sometime either realize that it is not important how the public sees them, or they'll die unfullfilled.

/set moral_mode 0

M3 rulz0rz y0 @ll. KO0S!!!11one1 And if you'd win, it is cuz my Mommy made me leave the PC and i were afk :lol:

THIS IS GoD
09-04-05, 02:37
Oh and we can't forget the all mighty PvP isn't fair type: complain cuz they get attacked while hunting and that there is a way to avoid that by making PvP consentual. And that the LE isn't a viable option to keep from being PK'd cuz you lose an imp slot!!!

Lickalotapus {The Names an Icon in NC give it back}

tkNukem
09-04-05, 03:10
LoL @ elitists.
I pride myself with being very generous to people who request services. I'll usually drop some of the stuff I'm doing just to help out and I try to move as quickly as possible. I hate to be an ass to noobs and low lvlers because I dealt with it all too much as I grew up in NC. Now that I'm rather loaded, I try to help people as best I can; however, as I said before, I don't so far as to offer services.
Anyway, I just skimmed the first post, so fuck me if something is "repeated".

Phlith
09-04-05, 03:58
im just a dick.. i dont really care its a game.. so ya get over it

Original monk
09-04-05, 04:13

those fair neofragduels are boring, i want chaos and everyone shooting everyone :) thats about it lol

btw you will never hear me complain about random pkers :) they kill who they like until its me and then i go get em

:D

cornelius5
09-04-05, 11:57
im a procity droners that "levels" on anti citys at crp often.
funniest shit that ever happened was when hegemons tank came up on me while i had a drone far away,
i dunno if he had this paragraph bound to a key but i laughed my ass off
as i stealthed and ran away after he t-bolted me and hit me with his PoB a few times.
something like : "u are about to die hastily, press A if u were low level just hunting in this area, press B if u were lomming drone skill to something else ,
press C if you are a noob and were tricked into taking your le out... nice chatting with u, press mouse 2 to select a genrep"
afterwards he said he was just way sick of being DM'ed after he killed a
"helpless droner"
needless to say he rocked me later.

paolo escobar
10-04-05, 21:04
Or the people who make a new char with LE, just so he can trashtalk as much as he wants without having to worry about getting killed (happened alot in NC1@PP1)

Not to forget the lamers who make le chars so they can try to trade ppl who their friends are fighting

Scaramanga
11-04-05, 01:07

Strippers and Milky Rens.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-04-05, 04:31
Not all categories of players are to be laughed at or hated:

"The slotgods".... Tradeskillers who live for their tradeskill. People who get a fetishist kick out of seeing their name on rares, preferably the 5 slot ones.
my constructor does NOT have issues with getting his name on weapons
*shifty eyes*

some of this rant is true, I really hate those that bitch and whine over alliance and shit, I know ive done it some times(and not proud of it)..
though its always fun to get a good fight from the person you fought.

I hate the extremely cocky people.. I mean the ones who say like I can kill you and your PPU.. I dont care about but those who say "my 0/2 can kill your clan" then scream zerg if you send three guys after there APU/PPU combo..

and to jester, my cute fuzzy little vemon friend
I dont wine about pants.... that much :p

Dr Strange
11-04-05, 05:05
Another type I've noticed as of late

The "omg you picked the winning side" taunters. Yes because all my alts are Anti City I'm a "lame faggz0r" for picking the "winning side".

Of course these guys don't stop to consider ya know, I played Anti City before I even knew what an "op" was let alone an "op fight". But hey I picked the winnng side, I'm a fucking interwebular mind reader and knew well in advance before even hearing of the game which side was magically going to be dominate the majority of the time and as such joined that side apon learning there was a game called, Neocron 2.

Sineater
11-04-05, 05:34
to the author good read yes it was a rant it was still a good read. :D

yes it seems there is one thing people wont complain about. the tactctics theye use that every other player considers unfair or an exploit. but even then theye complain about people complaining about them.

yes its PvP game but its also an RPG game so how does Allied killing fit into your PvP senario?. but then i know certain DOY runners who go to NC to help level noobs, not to pk them after theye grow up but just for fun. hell is that an exploit or unfair taktic cos sure as hell aint RPG or PvP???

LE players?? well take your pick complain about the "nibs" not playing the PvP part of the game. or complain about ganking and allied PKing.

PPU's??? sure gank them, what then? complain about caves being impossible, complain about the game turning into "Hybridocron" or how hard it is to level cos its impossible to stay alive as a noob. hell why not gank tanks and apu's at the same time after all wont theye just be overpowered then???

this is a masive multiplayer game so its a case of get used to gankers, unfair taktics or moaners its human nature to do all these things but hell thats what makes the game interesting. at the end of the day the best tactics are whatever wins the fight. excluding auto targeting macros or sitting at a gr and killing people before theve finished soneing etc. good on any player that has spent the time to lern or even create new tactics to win otherwise we end up playing a static game that im beeting we would all get bored with. complain about "tankocron" or "monkocron" or "whatevercharactercron", complain about bugs bad syncs or exploits all you want its still a game and were all still playing it, even if we repeatedly question our own sanity for doing so.

Hayt Scryer
11-04-05, 05:52
Agreed with SinEater....

This is a game of stratagie and most of all...survival.
If a tactic ur useing isn't working, rather then whine and bitch about it, CHANGE IT.
Its not that hard to do.

This game is almost infinate in the depth and level of gameplay.
Everyone will do something else, its a challenge of wits (or for some, wit-less)

If you continue to perform the same battle stratagie over and over again, then dont be surprised if another runner devises a way to 'pwn' ur predictable ass.

There are things you can count on in NC.
Death
EXP
and whiners...

In amongst all this, is quality game play.
Death and EXP come hand in hand, weather your dealing it out, or taking it.

however, whiners are the result of poor ability.
They build themselves up to be gods in there own mind, and when a lower lvl runner out guns, out moves, or out fights them, they bitch abut it.
calling for all manner of ganks and what-nots to the opposing Char group.

This dosn't improve gameplay, and ruins it for the rest of us.

however, sadly, just like Death and EXP, its now part of the game.
And often, unavoidable.

So to all those who bitch about geting pk'd, get the hell over it already.
and to those that end up pwn'ing me and DONT brag about it, "well done, good shot, nice fight"

-nuff sed-

Hayt
aka Mythical Evil

Jesterthegreat
11-04-05, 14:06
and to jester, my cute fuzzy little vemon friend
I dont wine about pants.... that much :p

i do... its all my APU fuckin drops!

i am gonna have to get a deal goin with a tradeskiller group to mass produce the fuckers :mad:

Nullvoid
11-04-05, 14:17
every death is just more con exp, cause for celebration don't you think :lol:

Jesterthegreat
11-04-05, 14:21
every death is just more con exp, cause for celebration don't you think :lol:

depends...

causing yourself to be damaged indirectly and thus gaining con XP is an exploit...

does that mean going AFK in CRP (and thus getting rez killed) is exploiting? if so dont celebrate that! :p

Kuya
11-04-05, 14:52
depends...

causing yourself to be damaged indirectly and thus gaining con XP is an exploit...

does that mean going AFK in CRP (and thus getting rez killed) is exploiting? if so dont celebrate that! :p

OMG NID exploits beeing discussed :D

Tbh point 1, goign afk in a war zone witch gets raided every 10 minute :wtf: not the smartest thing

res killed is no exploit, its just stupid to go afk somewhere in a non-safe zone

The Ottoman
11-04-05, 15:49
This game is almost infinate in the depth and level of gameplay.

This is so true. It's the strenght of this game. This is what makes it Neocrack. There are hardly any restrictions in your actions. Only consequences wich are your own responsibility.

Jesterthegreat
11-04-05, 21:06
OMG NID exploits beeing discussed :D

Tbh point 1, goign afk in a war zone witch gets raided every 10 minute :wtf: not the smartest thing

res killed is no exploit, its just stupid to go afk somewhere in a non-safe zone

quote from the rules:

Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)

indirectly damaging yourself, dont get shot... ever...

:D

Dr Strange
12-04-05, 05:24
One that almost tops my personal favorite, is the "ungrateful bastards". I've been guilty of this here and there but there are people in the game that are like this ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Case in point, a pro city runner is looking for Item X. I dm him that I have Item X, and he says he'll pay me a good amount of cash for Item X. At that current time I get involved with some important clan related issues and can't hurry my guy to TH right then and there. I relay this information to this pro city runner and he says ok. I tell him I'm not sure when I'd get to TH but I would asap. Over the course of an hour I get non-stop dm's asking when I'll get there.

Finally I get so tired of fucking telling him "I am very sorry but I am extremely busy with very important stuff I'll be there when I can" that I just tell him when I get there he can have the fucking Item X for free. So a few minutes later I get free and head to TH and dm him to join me there. There I give him Item X, for free as agreed, and he didn't bother to say thank you or at least "ty", that's fine I dont' care.

The next day I see this pro city runner and another pro city at CRP, I'm gunning one of several clanned Rhinos and I kill him. He dm's me calling me a ************ and everything under the sun, and even says "good luck hacking my belt", not realizing its a warzone...He can't grasp the concept despite the fact I've given him a free rare item, he is STILL a pro city runner and I am anti city, I'm supposed to not kill him now? No thank you, nothing but dm harassment when hunting, etc he's just fucking ungrateful.

You'd be surprised how many people like this I come across. Noobs who beg for shit I finally just hand them a million credits and they don't say thank you or anything and just end up causing shit later on.

Xylaz
12-04-05, 08:17
Yeah people are wierd.

Yesterday some CM killed me while i was lomming at cycrow. I gred to crp and was about to continue lomming when my dreaded :p killer appeared in local he came in (red monk with a blue monk glued to his... back) and said:
"sorry i didnt want to kill you". :confused: I said, "dont worry about that, just kill me and hack my belt or something :p"
But he ignored me and then he started to kill other anticity runners. Killed like 5 people then rezzed them all and GRed out...

freak ;)

Jesterthegreat
12-04-05, 13:22
Yeah people are wierd.

Yesterday some CM killed me while i was lomming at cycrow. I gred to crp and was about to continue lomming when my dreaded :p killer appeared in local he came in (red monk with a blue monk glued to his... back) and said:
"sorry i didnt want to kill you". :confused: I said, "dont worry about that, just kill me and hack my belt or something :p"
But he ignored me and then he started to kill other anticity runners. Killed like 5 people then rezzed them all and GRed out...

freak ;)

whenever we fight R2K for ops we tend to rez each other after, say GF and all leave.

its called sportsmanship, its entirely possible to have a good fight, and not piss people off :) (we being NC's Elite)

Scanner Darkly
18-04-05, 11:33
A most entertaining read, Doctor.

I used to get e-angry a lot in the golden days of NC1 whenever some such injustice was commited. I loathe to admit I even did some DM moaning once or twice. I couldn't get it through my thick skull that doing that was like putting out the fire with gasoline (thanks Max Payne you cliche-ridden whore). Anyway,

I left the game for almost a year, but like the Godfather, just when I thought I was out, (the ncrack) pulled me back in. Anyway I've been back a couple of weeks now, wandering the wastes on my unclanned FA characters, running the epic and such.

It's almost like being a newbie all over again. I stole into NC under the cover of darkness, crept in through the OZ sectors, then took a hovercab to PP. I met some nice pro runners in the station, to whom I naively chirped: "Hay guys I'm just here to do the epic!" I guess I had an attack of the stupids, or perhaps I'm subconciously roleplaying a runner with a missing chromosome, or brain, but then I just stoll up to Figaro as if I was taking my Sunday constitutional in Regent's Park c.1891, with ladies wearing long white dresses and little frilly umbrellas.
So Figaro me old mucker, how are you? He tries to sell me some drugs and for all times' sake I slip him a few creds. He's about to say something else, but is rudely cut off by the sound of disruptor fire. I try to click through the rest of his fluff (*shock* someone actually reading the text when they do the epic!!), and I just about manage it and frantically click my stealth, and stealth and within the same second I hear the sickening screech of PA on puke-soiled PP pavement and I'm out.
"So much for shooting your mouth off, jerk" I think to myself as I materialise in TH. My friend, a good friend from the olden days is there. He logs a different character and GRs over, the spy, the PA3 in my belt, they vanished into the poisonous fog that settled over PP.
But I felt strangely energised by the whole experience. Yes I lost a PA and hadn't finished that part of the epic. I got ganked, but it was fair and square - I almost carried a neon sighn advertising myself on the way in. But it felt GOOD. Good to be back, the thrill I got running around the old city again, and complete absence of anger, belligerance or even need for revenge. Have I become an unwitting Zen master?!

Anyway this is actually a thread I can get behind, and I love that CRP tank's warning message, press A if you would like some ice-cream, press B if yuo is ******0t, etc...

Dr Strange
18-04-05, 13:03
Heh I had a similar epic run, run-in a while back;

Couple of us are GRing into PP exit (pp3 i believe) to do some pvp in tha area. We wait off si, thankfully safely. When one of our tanks forgets he handed over a weapon to be repaired to another of our teamates (a decent TT epic rifle, least I think it was the rifle, not sure.) Anyway the guy who had it accidentally dropped it on the ground or something and just as my friend was going to pick it up an "allied" spy unstealthes nabs it and GR's out.

Within moments the spy is advertising to sell this item on Trade NC. Turns out he's epic hopping in Anti factions, as he's normally a pro character. I was ppuing at the time and didn't have another combat character back then so I couldn't really go after him. Not to mention since he was epic hopping he was allied/neutral atm and killing him would just result in a SL hit ;\ It wasn't a huge item to lose or anything just the fact someone sees someone transfering gear and knowingly snatches it to sell moments later in a malicious manner was just, sad really. I'm sure the spy woulda thrown out a dozen excuses "omg dont drop items nib" or my favorite "im roleplaying!"

Funny now ya look back on it but still there are days where I wonder how this game manages to lurch onward when it has some of the worst, lowball, scum filled humans playing it in the world (and no I don't believe in the whole online = different than real person thing cause if they had any respect or diginity in real life they wouldnt act like idiots online just cause they can get away with it)

Siygess
18-04-05, 13:09
You'd be surprised how many people like this I come across. Noobs who beg for shit I finally just hand them a million credits and they don't say thank you or anything and just end up causing shit later on.

That's because "positive human traits" are not in the minimum system requirements for this game. For every person who shows respect, intelligence or sportsmanship in NC, there are twenty who play with reckless abandon, safe in the knowledge that they will never have to deal with the people they piss off in real life.

Bugs Gunny
18-04-05, 14:11
Don't throw shit on the floor when passing stuff.

Anyway, i shouldn't talk, as i was at jeriko last week with an inventory bug, where i tried loading antipersonel rockets and they just wouldn't go in, so i relog at the gogo after dropping my "bad" ammo on the ground.
After relogging i see i had dropped my 3 slot cs on the ground :-)
Nobody had taken it either, which was quite nice of them.

Original monk
18-04-05, 14:47
After relogging i see i had dropped my 3 slot cs on the ground :-)
Nobody had taken it either, which was quite nice of them.

pfft, 3 slot isnt even worth picking up ...

(LOL :D yust kidding, if i knew i would of taken it ! )

Obsidian X
18-04-05, 14:55
Having stuff nicked by allied runners is pretty shitty. That said, I'd have absolutely no qualms stealing items off reds. In fact I'd make it my duty wherever possible :D

Scanner Darkly
18-04-05, 15:34
That's pretty shitty, but dropping anything on the ground in nc is like throwing up a wad of hundred dollar bills up in Time Square and expecting to get any of it back. (not a Yank!)

I remember somone accidentally dropping a Speedy over in P1 only for it to disappear within a second: poor guy was just trying to drag it onto his quickbelt after a repair :(

Anyway that's pretty bad, but at least wasn't taken by a faux tradeskiller who offered to "repair it" only to palm it and flog it off on trade...

Mind you I've done stupider things than dropping a weapon in a public place. How about loaning a termi (back when there were only a few on each server) to a "friend" and then watching him auction it off ingame :D I did mention I RP an idiot rite?!

It's a noob cannon anyway...