PDA

View Full Version : What I seen Today

sshrul
06-04-05, 23:58
I seen something today that I thought, I would never see in this game and I cannot believe that, I let it happened to me to. I was passing through CRP and there where 2 pro-city faction guys lvl up there and there was a couple of anti-city faction members there too, but I will not name the clans they were in.

Ok, then comes along another anti-city guy ready to take them out , the two procity guys where in the 30ish rank, when two of the anti-city monks step in and say “ stop it those 2 guys are in are clans and leveling up here.” So buddy is pissed off that he is not aloud to kill the 2 pro-city guys they are red to him because the 2 anti-city guys will kill him. ( something wrong with this picture) Now I have problem with people playing anti and pro city characters under the same account, but don’t use your clan mates to protect you from other players killing you when you are in the opposite anti or pro faction. I can see why there is almost a civil war between the DOY factions because the biggest boys on the block can dictate to everyone. It maybe time to move CRP out of that zone to it own zone with an open GR.

So after that I went and got my TG character and tried the same thing, to take them out and the same thing happened “ stop shooting them” this coming for a faction and an allied members (monks) telling me not to shoot red. And I need a epic kill and I’m not going to pay for it like the other wuzzy and since they were over lvl 30 it’s ok, because I don’t go around pking players under 30 unless they shoot at me first. And you know if I had killed the 2 pro-city guys the 2 monks would have wasted me for killer there clan mate alts and I would be on the shit list in my own faction. Real nice. There is a problem here that needs to be taken care of before all out civil war between allied faction happens, because I will not let it happen again.

zii
07-04-05, 00:10
The reds should have died. Doesn't really make sense does it :(

"I seen something today that I thought, ", should read "I saw something..."

Ronk
07-04-05, 00:21
This scenario has been here for ages...I don't think it's ok in a roleplay sence but imagine what you, anti city, would do if a friend of you is lvling his pro city char at crp and someone, red to your friends' char, came along trying to kill your friend. Wouldnt you ask the attacking person to stop attacking your friend?

[TgR]KILLER
07-04-05, 00:21
yea has been discussed ingame so much. but people need a moveon and a ppr on alot of chars. and those items are expensive so people make their new chars in pro alot of the times and level up only to get the chips before moving them to anticity.

as soon as the epics are done ( and they are done as fast as they get the rank to do them ) they will go anti city.

only way to stop people making alts on the other side is to make both sides have the same epic items.. city people make crahn guys to get that epic to all the time.. only reason why people see the anticity in pro city from that one clan is because of crp is a very good leveling spot and people are leveling there all the time.

Selendor
07-04-05, 00:22
Try to rise above the red=dead mentality, and try also to be a little reasonable, and you'll find life a lot more pleasant. Neocron's faction system didn't used to be so black and white, and that made it more interesting. Its a good dilema for you, shoot your enemies and take the death, or leave them and complain later. Such quandries are what MMORPGs are about ;)

Jesterthegreat
07-04-05, 00:29
ah the old "alts in enemy factions" vs "red is dead" debate.

imo both are the 2 different extremes of the real target... acting based on the situation.

TWOK
07-04-05, 00:42
I tend not to attack unclanned reds for this reason, but if you're an "epic running freind"...do the epic and get back to your intended faction tbh. Some guys tend to spend weeks "running epics", I'll give them a grace period to finish up, but some take the piss. Just gankem, and when their "allied freinds" threaten you with kos (blah) kill them too, more fun, more killing.

sshrul
07-04-05, 00:51
This scenario has been here for ages...I don't think it's ok in a roleplay sence but imagine what you, anti city, would do if a friend of you is lvling his pro city char at crp and someone, red to your friends' char, came along trying to kill your friend. Wouldnt you ask the attacking person to stop attacking your friend?

Been there and gone through that. And I understand when it happens but these guy said no pking these 2. And they have the most people and are the biggest and even tho I am in the same faction they would still pk me everywhere I went for doing that.

Transformer
07-04-05, 00:57
only time i would have a pro city char (i'm anti city) would be if i was doing an epic or someone jsut to have as a FSM guy.

l8m0n
07-04-05, 00:59
Its been like this since NC1 beta! lol allmost everyone has a alt whos red, and their clans will look after and level their alts wouldnt you lol

Jesterthegreat
07-04-05, 01:00
Its been like this since NC1 beta! lol allmost everyone has a alt whos red, and their clans will look after and level their alts wouldnt you lol

3 PP chars and a NEXT char...

makes me a minority eh?

Tostino
07-04-05, 03:17
I had this prob before. I was lvling in Catlock caves with some clan mates and a Crahn ppu and BT apu (bolth unclaned) and wouldnt leave and let us lvl, so i am on my hybrid and I drop the apu and the ppu in 30 secs or so and then I get a DM from a member of FF saying that I better get them a rez or im KOS, so I just didnt reply and walked out of the cave and loged out.
COME ON GUYS!! what do you think I will do if some un claned people wont leave the cave that we are trying to lvl in :(.

hegemonic
07-04-05, 03:55
Anyone ever consider playing their character in RP as a DoY runner SPYING on NC?? Maybe that's why they are being aided in the Wastes by DoY runners...

Just a suggestion.

Preach
07-04-05, 10:57
With all the trouble at CRP, we kill first rez later if necessary, everyones a winner

Spermy
07-04-05, 12:12
erm... any proof the 2 sides were affiliated... PM me names and clans... A lot of the time it's just generally fuzzy and nice people not wanting any shit while they level there.

Xylaz
07-04-05, 12:14
just kill the red and explain everything later (i would do it outside the cave though, to avoid SL loss)

/edit/ always had 4 chars of the same faction/clan, obviously. When i switch the one to another faction i switch all of em.

l8m0n
07-04-05, 12:16

makes me a minority eh?
lol then fair play, i have 4 BD chars have done for allmost 2 years and its not going to change.

Tantta
07-04-05, 12:19

makes me a minority eh?
yeah i got 3 too.
one lonely droner is still cityadmin sens i haven't play that for months :lol:

Tidus_Origin
07-04-05, 12:24
i've got one character in CA, one in TT, one in PP and one in BT. So..all pro-city.

Comie
07-04-05, 12:31
all of mine are BT, and all in the same clan...

Original monk
07-04-05, 12:33
hehe i been there yeah (yesterday and the days before) .. i saw this yeah ... i seen the runners .. several procity runners over the last days, several classes i seen up there ... several ranks from 30 upto 60ish .. myself i was on a /63 anticity apu :)

apu's, ppu's, pe's etc ... Biotech's, Next's etc etc :) i seen em wonder around crp and in the caves :)

i left em alone, even teamed a few of em in the cave ... nice guys btw

why ? because they didnt do anything wrong lol, they yust wanted nice xp like i did and they didnt attack me or talk shit :) au contraire there is a biotech ppu hanging around there for some time now and onlything he does is helping other people ! o_O i dont get it and its quite unusual but hey, if he's here to help, why not ?

the only guy that attacked me yesterday was a city merc PA4 PE (neutral) o.O he couldnt aim shit lol and died 3 HLhits later ...

i also seen the TGguy with he's biotech alt a few days ago .. he asked kindly in zone to leave the char alone cause it was one of he's alts he was busy with (leveling or an epickill, i dunno, not my business)

so i yust left em alone :) why wouldnt i, he asked so polite, sumthing you cant always say about everyone in NC ...

im the last one on earth making a fuzz about this cause i leveled practically all my monks/combatchars at crp and catlock .. half of em procity .. half of em anticity (if KK wants everything factionbound no problem at all .. but you yust need alot of factionchars or you can go whining on trade for about 4 hours yust to get the PA3 you yust lost ...)

if you needed an epic kill tough then yeah o.O you could of yust keeled one (he would get rezzed anyway) but if you know its the alt of a guy standing there then you could also have asked :) i know its not very roleplayish but still you would of had youre kill hehe

.. when the same procityguy/anticityguy alts in the same situation would instead of asking nicely .. told me that if i touched he's chars he would kill me .. ruin my image for the rest of doy and put me on he's oh so funny koslist :) (with other words yust talking shit, threathening a bit and trying to order around) then i would of gone bezerk over he's ego and killed him, he's alt .. and all he's friends that where there to help em out ...

this never happend tough .. he asked ! kindly ! and with all respect in the world ! so he yust got back what he asked ... respect :)

now dont think im in any way affliated with the people you where talking about (i yust met em like you .. from leveling around at crp..) now dont think i wonna defend this or that faction .. but if these people yust there nomather what faction they are .. and to level up and even help you out ... then i would yust leave em alone :)

certainly a /30 char lol :) if he didnt remove hes LE by accident even, hehe

that those people where spying i cant believe that .. a spy doesnt go hunting inside crp for a few hours ... they would scout out all places .. and certainly have an LE in ... so you couldnt do anything anyway :) thats a real spy hehe

edit:

And they have the most people and are the biggest and even tho I am in the same faction they would still pk me everywhere I went for doing that.

ok not talking about this specific situation you encountered today .. that was an exception .. but in every other case you shouldnt listen to ANYONE but yourself .. nomather how big and 1337 and i dunno what all they call emselves ... certainly do NOT let yourself be threatend or intimidated .. by no-one ...

see, the moment this happens and you give in to others ordering you around and telling you what and what you shouldnt do .. you become a victim and you give up youre freedom to play how you like it .. and yes .. then you have lost the game :/

im not saying here you should now kill everything you see and grief other players yust because you feel like it .. there are basic rules but im sure youre following em allready ... im saying here: dont let yourself be bossed around !

have fun :)

Eckhart
07-04-05, 12:54
I've got 2 FA characters, dont see myself rolling one in another faction or switching faction with the existing two at all.

Odd that the majority of people who have spoke on this have said they're either all pro or all anti. Dont see how this majority is a minority :wtf:

Nullvoid
07-04-05, 13:33
ah tostino, had you even bothered talking to us properly the issue could've been resolved pretty simply...and perhaps in a less violent manner.

edit - eckhart, the majority don't actually use the forum so that could lead to false impressions on the percentage of people who stick to just one faction the whole time.

Jesterthegreat
07-04-05, 14:10
yeah i got 3 too.
one lonely droner is still cityadmin sens i haven't play that for months :lol:

my rifle spy is next and wont be changing til i remove LE to join PP and do the epic (and get clanned ofc)

Morganth
07-04-05, 14:54
When I used to use my monk as part of the Paradox gank squad (the P2/P3 invasions), I used to constantly gank greens to get my symp with TG up. One day I logged in ready for one of said event, and saw a tank around /58. He says to me "don't kill me, I am TG". So natrually, I kill him. Then I get DM'd about how he is TG, and that I shouldn't kill him because I am Paradox, and blah blah blah. My response was "you were executed for being a traitor to your faction".

This was less of an issue than the one stated in the first post, because if the clan defending the City peeps is large they will no doubt use their force to get what they want done. I remember in the first few weeks of PAIN a certain CA clan and a certain TG clan had a "hunting NAP" for CRP where they were allowed to go without being KoS to level.

If I was in that situation, I'd kill them anyway. Even if the clan defending them is FF, because if they want to be wankstains about it then all you have to do is make sure you aren't in a warzone when they come to "make their point". They might think twice about being dictators if they loose SL everytime it happens.

Eckhart
07-04-05, 15:23
ah tostino, had you even bothered talking to us properly the issue could've been resolved pretty simply...and perhaps in a less violent manner.

edit - eckhart, the majority don't actually use the forum so that could lead to false impressions on the percentage of people who stick to just one faction the whole time.
True, but as thats the case it'd be very hard to get a full impression on the actual percentage short of mailing everyone ingame and asking. We need to work with the data we have, which in this case points to a majority of people being fully pro or fully anti.

Crest
07-04-05, 15:30
For us, this is against what we stand for ... .we have a small clan called RID = Read is Dead .... we need to be loyal to who we are ....

On top of this, My other account has a dronner , and on hi title is = If this is red to you then run ..... Cause although he is Crahn and all my others are BD - He still believes in the way of the Gaurdian ....

All my chars have seent he light and live in the bliss that is known as the Dome ....

remeber .... RED IS DEAD is roleplaying ...what role ? Well the clenser, eraser and lover of justice and all that is good. If you are read, then you are evil and follow the teachings of the evil one ... we kill not you but what you stand for ......

[VP]Orion
07-04-05, 16:38
Its kinda easy. If a solo procity comes and say "Hey, Im <insert any anticity clan>!" then I wouldnt care since how would I know he tells me the truth? BUT if that same procity are leveling together with anticities and they say that the procity are an alt of a clanmate of them, then I wouldnt attack since then its probably the truth. As said, people often start chars in procity just to do epics and then move the char over to anticity.

At the same time, if I were around crp on a procity alt (I dont have any, but lets pretend I do), then I would hope that other clans wouldnt shoot me since all my other clans are anticity and Im also gonna transfer the procity char as soon as epics are done. But I would also realize that there is a chance someone doesnt believe me/care and attacks me anyway.

The big exception to this is people that have mostly lets say anticity chars but have one procity alt that everyone knows is his and then come and PK anticity people with his procity and then expect people to not get pissed at him and hence attack ALL his alts (including the anticities). But infact, that is exactly what will happen.

Terkantia
07-04-05, 19:39
With all the trouble at CRP, we kill first rez later if necessary, everyones a winner

rotfl!!!

And you bashed Blood for "gankin allies" at CRP, as it was FAR to unsafe. And now your touting killing everyone you see in CRP?!?!!! Good god . . .

garyu69
07-04-05, 20:44
If it was me, the Reds would have been killed.

I don't believe that just because you know them that they should be allowed to get away with it.

If then i was attacked by runners who are supposedly allied to me, then they would be attacked too and i would make it known to the rest of the city.

sshrul
08-04-05, 18:55
If it was me, the Reds would have been killed.

I don't believe that just because you know them that they should be allowed to get away with it.

If then i was attacked by runners who are supposedly allied to me, then they would be attacked too and i would make it known to the rest of the city.

That's the point I was getting at, and I do agree with some of you, this is the point.

ino
09-04-05, 14:52
If people have alts hostile to a faction they should be prepared to get killed by their enemies. And friends of thoose alts should fucking know this.

I have 2 TG chars and 2 Crahn chars. Always has and always will have, I do however have a few friends who are pro city and if they want leveling help on their chars from my ppu I usually say sure I could help out but know this. If there are anti city people coming and shoot you you are on your own, not only because it's what is right but also to keep clear of all the tarded hotheaded l33tz0r pvp d00ds that would get so damn upset if I would interfear and they ended up dead.

If anticity people show up and kill your alts or whatever its not harder than fightback win or fightback and die, either gr away or lie arround and let some of your anticity people to come ress you and fight another day. I dont ever expect a anti city person to not shoot me if I was going next or something to do epics thats stupid.

Tostino
09-04-05, 17:34
If people have alts hostile to a faction they should be prepared to get killed by their enemies. And friends of thoose alts should fucking know this.
That was not how it aloways works. Somtimes if you have a alt in a red faction your allies will shoot him and that is fine by me. But the prob is when they shoot you, you kill the person who just atacked you and then you get a DM a few min later saying all your chars are KOS.

ino
09-04-05, 22:53
Yeah I know what you mean :). But thoose people are just sad sad lonely people who cant grasp the fact they lost. And yes that sucks people should be able to seperate anti and pro even if one person has one on each side.

And hence why I said I tell friends of pro city faction that I will not help them if anti people show up and start to shoot them. If I ppu them to victory there is a big chance we have killed one of them sad sad im all that leetzor pvpzor d00d that will say Im KOS :). And I hate thoose with all my heart.

There are too many players who have the counterstrike kiddey mentality in this game :)