View Full Version : factionless - who shoots you?

zii
05-04-05, 23:19
Evening all,

Just wondered, if you are factionless will both the STORM/BopCots and DOY guardians shoot at you, or will neither shoot, or would it depend on what your original faction alliance was?

If my char is pro-city and he goes factionless, can he cruise into the Dome past the guards?

Regards, Z.

PcP'
06-04-05, 02:34
afaik factionless is attacked by everyone

zii
06-04-05, 03:12
hmm. ok thanks.

eprodigy
06-04-05, 06:45
i saw factionless walking freely inside NC a long time ago, I think everyones neutral to you when your factionless (ala CM without TG) have not tested though.

FaveriN
06-04-05, 06:58
In Nc1, factionless runners would get shot by any faction they had red symp with.

Uncertain if thats been changed in Nc2.

trigger hurt
06-04-05, 07:55
you get shot by everything.

dome gaurds, johnny 5's, copbots, stormbots. Some people though, get lucky, and never get shot. On my char that was factionless...he never got lucky.

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 09:11
Factionless is green or neutral to all.
I think it depends on you faction symps if they shoot you.

Original monk
06-04-05, 09:18
i know one thing in NC1... altough i was factionless and neutral to everyone .. everyone attacked me lol, players that is, not copbots/guards :)

FaveriN
06-04-05, 10:39
What i know for sure is, if they havent changed the system from Nc1, then all you need to do while factionless is keep all your symps yellow or green, and nothing will shoot you.

Verify if the system has not been changed prior to following this advice, though. ;)

CMaster
06-04-05, 12:29
Yeah, Medestra was factionless for a good amount of time and kept wanering around NC not being shot. Not sure about DoY of course.
However, I do believe you are fair game for all runners.

Skusty
06-04-05, 15:53
Yellow / red FAction less = Kos x zilion times :lol:

trigger hurt
06-04-05, 19:10
What i know for sure is, if they havent changed the system from Nc1, then all you need to do while factionless is keep all your symps yellow or green, and nothing will shoot you.

Verify if the system has not been changed prior to following this advice, though. ;)

That's not true.

I was switching from Protopharm to Black Dragon on one of my characters for the epic. I had 70+ symp with every DoY faction. Johnny 5's shot me. DoY Gaurds shot me. TG Gaurds shot me. BD Gaurds shot me.

It was a long trip through the dome that day.

FaveriN
07-04-05, 07:14
Originally Posted by trigger hurt
That's not true.

I was switching from Protopharm to Black Dragon on one of my characters for the epic. I had 70+ symp with every DoY faction. Johnny 5's shot me. DoY Gaurds shot me. TG Gaurds shot me. BD Gaurds shot me.

It was a long trip through the dome that day.

Hey Ezekial. Nice to see you again. :)

Think we debated this before. In Nc1, i was factionless for several months, and would constantly change my symps around to get through different areas. I tested this extensively with all factions. Only factions i had red symp with would open fire on me. When i leveled some symp with said faction and it turned yellow, they would simply threaten me. Finally, when i leveled further and got it to turn green, the guards would ignore me altogether. Tried this out with TG in the canyons, NC guards in Plaza, Turrets in TH, et al.

Whether this has changed in Nc2, i do not know. But this was definately the system back in Nc1.

dark_reaper
07-04-05, 07:25
How do you become factionless?

FaveriN
07-04-05, 07:28
Wanton destruction of the lives of runners or npcs sympathetic to your faction ought to do the trick. ;)

Jesterthegreat
07-04-05, 08:41
ive seen quite a few factionless players not being attacked, but i like keeping a faction myself

zii
07-04-05, 22:23
Since the faction NPCs reside inside the faction HQs, which are now safe-zones, how does one find a nice BT NPC to shoot down.

Pungent77
07-04-05, 23:47
Almost all of my chars are factionless, and I get shot by no NPC at all.

And pro-city is green to me, Dome is yellow.

trigger hurt
08-04-05, 00:22
Hey Ezekial. Nice to see you again. :)

Think we debated this before. In Nc1, i was factionless for several months, and would constantly change my symps around to get through different areas. I tested this extensively with all factions. Only factions i had red symp with would open fire on me. When i leveled some symp with said faction and it turned yellow, they would simply threaten me. Finally, when i leveled further and got it to turn green, the guards would ignore me altogether. Tried this out with TG in the canyons, NC guards in Plaza, Turrets in TH, et al.

Whether this has changed in Nc2, i do not know. But this was definately the system back in Nc1.

Well, first, we've never debated this before. I don't know you from NC1. I'm also not talking about this happening in NC1. This was NC2, which you have just stated that you haven't a clue about what happens. See, notice the part about "long trip through the dome". That would indicate that I am talking about NC2, not NC1, since there wasn't a dome in NC1.

MeWhiteWolf
08-04-05, 01:51
the guard shooting is quite buggy when factionless - probably due to KK not really wanting no faction runners.
I was changing sides and factions from next to TS and was killed by doy bots repeatably, while a fellow runner making the same change was able to stroll into doy with no problems.
After the change i still get called scum by the guardians, they draw their guns but don't fire - positive symps to all pro doy - and all higher than my lucky friend.
havent tried returning to NC since - maybe the gurads there still think i'm a friend but shoot with no warning :rolleyes:

FaveriN
08-04-05, 02:52
Well, first, we've never debated this before. I don't know you from NC1.

If you're Ezekial Stone, then we've spoken in Nc1. And if such is the case, we've debated this before where you claimed you were being shot at by TH turrets.

I'm also not talking about this happening in NC1. This was NC2, which you have just stated that you haven't a clue about what happens. See, notice the part about "long trip through the dome". That would indicate that I am talking about NC2, not NC1, since there wasn't a dome in NC1.

I dont recall stating anywhere that the system had not changed in Nc2. I was merely relating how it was in Nc1. Notice the: "Whether this has changed in Nc2, i do not know. But this was definately the system back in Nc1". That would indicate that i was referring to Nc1 and not Nc2.

imper1um
08-04-05, 03:17
If you have Negative SL, Factionless, and your Total NC Faction Symp < Total DoY Faction Symp, DoY guards don't shoot at you. However, if you have positive SL, and your Total NC Faction Symp > Total DoY Faction Symp, NC guards won't shoot at you. However, if you have the reverse for anything, you are enemy to all.

trigger hurt
08-04-05, 03:31
If you're Ezekial Stone, then we've spoken in Nc1. And if such is the case, we've debated this before where you claimed you were being shot at by TH turrets.

Being that I was Black Dragon for longer than I was Twilight Guardian, I would assume that I would get shot at by TH turrets. Where are you going with this statement?

I dont recall stating anywhere that the system had not changed in Nc2. I was merely relating how it was in Nc1. Notice the: "Whether this has changed in Nc2, i do not know. But this was definately the system back in Nc1". That would indicate that i was referring to Nc1 and not Nc2.

And I was referring to NC2, based on my experience, when I was switching from a pro NC faction to a DoY faction, I was shot at by johnny 5's, DoY guards and faction guards while I was running through. I was factionless with +70 soullight in all DoY factions.

FaveriN
08-04-05, 15:05
Being that I was Black Dragon for longer than I was Twilight Guardian, I would assume that I would get shot at by TH turrets. Where are you going with this statement?

Where i'm going with this statement, is the fact that you once claimed that your BT spy Ezekial Stone was attacked by TH turrets at one point despite being BT in Nc1. I told you this was implausible even though you had negative FA symp, because you were still BT. Only if you are factionless and have negative symp do they shoot at you. Otherwise, NPC guards generally only threaten you but do nothing.

And I was referring to NC2, based on my experience, when I was switching from a pro NC faction to a DoY faction, I was shot at by johnny 5's, DoY guards and faction guards while I was running through. I was factionless with +70 soullight in all DoY factions.

Its irrelevant, since i never claimed i knew what the system was in Nc2. Regardless, this isnt really going anywhere, so good day to you.

Im out.

trigger hurt
08-04-05, 15:40
Where i'm going with this statement, is the fact that you once claimed that your BT spy Ezekial Stone was attacked by TH turrets at one point despite being BT in Nc1. I told you this was implausible even though you had negative FA symp, because you were still BT. Only if you are factionless and have negative symp do they shoot at you. Otherwise, NPC guards generally only threaten you but do nothing.

And this is implausible because Ezekial Stone, my rifle spy, was never BioTech. He was Protopharm or NeXT for the entire time that I had him. On the other hand, my other rifle spy was BioTech, but noone knows who he was, so I doubt you would be talking about him.

Its irrelevant, since i never claimed i knew what the system was in Nc2. Regardless, this isnt really going anywhere, so good day to you.

Finally.

FaveriN
08-04-05, 16:49
Implausible? I beg to differ. Here's the link to our previous debate, which proves 3 things you stated incorrect.

a) That we've talked before, yet you claim we never had.
b) That your spy, Ezekial Stone was BT, because i myself killed him in TH on Tuxy. You gr'd back and nabbed your belt. We talked some more.
c) You did once claim that despite being BT, the turrets would shoot at you in TH back in Nc1.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100849&page=3&pp=15&highlight=hurt

And now...Cya.

trigger hurt
09-04-05, 10:15
Implausible? I beg to differ. Here's the link to our previous debate, which proves 3 things you stated incorrect.

a) That we've talked before, yet you claim we never had.
b) That your spy, Ezekial Stone was BT, because i myself killed him in TH on Tuxy. You gr'd back and nabbed your belt. We talked some more.
c) You did once claim that despite being BT, the turrets would shoot at you in TH back in Nc1.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100849&page=3&pp=15&highlight=hurt

a) I have no idea who you are. Last I heard, the person who bought PSIpumperen's account was Fish. So, since you apparently have it now, I have no idea who you are. If you don't want to come out and say it, I can't say whether we've talked or not, so I assume we haven't.
b) Ezekial Stone was never BioTech. He had a one man, protopharm clan that I used to help The Black Cartel when hacking ops if we needed an extra hacker. Near the end, I switched to NeXT, then moved to pluto. If I remember correctly, the person that killed me wasn't Tuxy. At that time that I remember killing some people at El Farid and offering to give it back (was APU PA i think), Tuxy hadn't yet sold his account to ResurgencE.
c) If I claimed that, what reason would I have to lie? That conversation was well over a year ago. Sorry if every little detail I may forget. But if I said it, it was because it was true.

And now...Cya.

Hurray!

FaveriN
09-04-05, 11:10
a) I have no idea who you are. Last I heard, the person who bought PSIpumperen's account was Fish. So, since you apparently have it now, I have no idea who you are. If you don't want to come out and say it, I can't say whether we've talked or not, so I assume we haven't.

Come out and say it? It says clearly in my sig who i am. We've even spoken via PMs before. :/

Ezekial Stone was never BioTech. He had a one man, protopharm clan that I used to help The Black Cartel when hacking ops if we needed an extra hacker. Near the end, I switched to NeXT, then moved to pluto. If I remember correctly, the person that killed me wasn't Tuxy. At that time that I remember killing some people at El Farid and offering to give it back (was APU PA i think), Tuxy hadn't yet sold his account to ResurgencE.

For a guy who cant seem to recall details, you sure do have a knack for recalling what you hacked from where over a year ago. It was NoNo's apu's belt that you hacked. You entered TH that day and headed to the store. I ran a check on faction chat as to what your standing with us was. Received instructions to kill you, and so i did. It was on Tuxy. And yes, i had his account then, as i am ResurgencE. And i even recall Ezekial's faction being yellow to me, not green. Therefore at one point, you were in BT with him but you seem to have let it slip your phenomenal memory.

) If I claimed that, what reason would I have to lie? That conversation was well over a year ago. Sorry if every little detail I may forget. But if I said it, it was because it was true.

You said it because you thought it was true. That doesnt necessarily make it true. Regardless, it doesnt really make a difference if Ezekial was your BT spy or not, because you stated that you DO have a BT spy, and i have already proven to you that you once claimed you were shot by turrets upon trying to enter TH as a BT spy with negative symp, and when this was disproved, you went on to change your story numerous times.

Hurray!

Indeed.

Let's not hijack this poor guy's thread, ya? If you wish to continue with this discourse, my PM box eagerly awaits your rebuttal.

rhPhMe
09-04-05, 14:59
I have seen Medestra at MC5 as ppu with a droner and others....guards dont shoot him or do anything to kill him what so ever...is this an exploit or not?

FaveriN
09-04-05, 15:39
Hmm...Its possible that others were drawing the fire away from him and thus the guards ignored him. Many times when i went to Mc5 on my ppu with friends, i'd find that if my friends shot first, the guards would completely ignore me, and if they died, they'd go back to their original positions.

This is provided i kept myself well-concealed until they took the first shot. If i just stand next to a guard in Mc5 with no one else in the room, the guards will attempt to rip me a new one.

rhPhMe
09-04-05, 17:59
Fav that was not the case when i saw this ppu....i did not have aggro of the guards,me and him were the only ones there...he was waiting for an attacker and he was standing 2 feet from the guards out in the open area inside MC5....they just dont shoot people that are not in a faction....is this an exploit i ask....to a admin/gm if possible for them to reply....

FaveriN
09-04-05, 18:25
Oh, he was factionless?

My mistake. In that case, i really have no idea. Perhaps Niddy could shed some light on the issue. Additionally, try reporting the bug to KK via email.

(And ask that guy if he'll ppu for me in Mc5 in the meantime. :p )

trigger hurt
09-04-05, 21:25
For a guy who cant seem to recall details, you sure do have a knack for recalling what you hacked from where over a year ago. It was NoNo's apu's belt that you hacked. You entered TH that day and headed to the store. I ran a check on faction chat as to what your standing with us was. Received instructions to kill you, and so i did. It was on Tuxy. And yes, i had his account then, as i am ResurgencE. And i even recall Ezekial's faction being yellow to me, not green. Therefore at one point, you were in BT with him but you seem to have let it slip your phenomenal memory.

I remember the details of things that mattered. As I remember trying to RP a freelance hacker on saturn during those days, it's pretty easy to remember. On the other hand, I died an awful lot so I hardly give a shit who killed me. If you are ressurgence, you and I have not talked via pm's since the very first days of NC2. I do though, remember my characters and the various factions they were in. Also, if you are PsipumpareN I am a little confused. Did you get the account back from Fish? Because For about a month or so, Fish was playing the chars that are listed in your sig.

You said it because you thought it was true. That doesnt necessarily make it true. Regardless, it doesnt really make a difference if Ezekial was your BT spy or not, because you stated that you DO have a BT spy, and i have already proven to you that you once claimed you were shot by turrets upon trying to enter TH as a BT spy with negative symp, and when this was disproved, you went on to change your story numerous times.

You claimed Ezekial Stone was a BT spy. I stated he was not. I have no screenshots to prove one way or the other, so the point is moot. However, As I already said...if I stated that I had a BT char being shot by tech haven turrets, then I had a BT char being shot by FA turrets.

Indeed. Let's not hijack this poor guy's thread, ya? If you wish to continue with this discourse, my PM box eagerly awaits your rebuttal.

The topic of the thread was "who shoots you if you are factionless". Look at this post. Please pay special attention to the bolded part.

Well, first, we've never debated this before. I don't know you from NC1. I'm also not talking about this happening in NC1. This was NC2, which you have just stated that you haven't a clue about what happens. See, notice the part about "long trip through the dome". That would indicate that I am talking about NC2, not NC1, since there wasn't a dome in NC1.

I know 3 or 4 people who switched from an NC faction to a DoY faction and freely roamed the streets of both cities without being shot. In other words, You'll never know if you are going to get shot at until you try because, once again...there seems to be a bug in the system. I'm pretty sure that if you are factionless, you are considered enemy to all and should be shot on sight, but it doesn't always happen to everyone. Speaking from MY experience, being factionless, I was shot by everyone.

Now, can you tell me how, exactly, NC1 and my FACTIONED spy, whatever faction he was in, plays into any of this discussion aside from the finger pointing and arguing you seem to want to do.

Jesterthegreat
09-04-05, 21:28
I know 3 or 4 people who switched from an NC faction to a DoY faction and freely roamed the streets of both cities without being shot. In other words, You'll never know if you are going to get shot at until you try because, once again...there seems to be a bug in the system.

this certainly seems to be the case

rhPhMe
10-04-05, 05:28
im still trying to see if not being shot at mc5 is an exploit or not....

can any gms or admins reply :o

FaveriN
10-04-05, 07:46
Heh..Aight. Lets refresh for a sec.

The reason i brought this up is because when i told you we debated this matter before, you claimed we did not. The fact that Ezekial was or was not BT (I once had a screenie in which i went into a sync and you were standing directly in front of me at Soliko, but its been deleted) doesnt even play into the discussion, since that was never my actual point. Perhaps he was just in the faction doing the epic. It doesnt matter whether Ezekial was BT. What matters is that you claimed you had a spy who was in BT and he was shot by FA turrets while factionless in Nc1, but when i told you this, you stated that such a discussion between us never took place.

I advised plenty of folks who were factionless and having trouble waltzing into the canyons to raise their TG symp in Nc1, and once they did, the guards no longer shot them. However, they killed a procity symp bitch to acquire that symp, so as a result procity guards opened fire on them quite often. As Jester stated, this has quite possibly been changed (or is bugged) in Nc2. I never claimed this was not the case in Nc2. In the bolded part that you have quoted, you claim that you were shot in Nc2. I told you that you had claimed this occured in Nc1 as well, and you stated you had not. This is where our l'il dispute spawned from.

Either way, i apologise if i lost my head during our discussion. Even if i deemed what you said offensive, i had no right to respond in an impertinent manner.