PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Delayed yet again?

Toilet-Duck
05-04-05, 20:23
Having been paying much attention to nc or the nc boards lately (Been on holiday) but I was just looking at play.com again and it seems that its delayed yet another week?

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=PC&title=592942 Wasnt it due for release on the 8th? :wtf:

Clive tombstone
05-04-05, 20:43
Hehe, If I remember correctly How Nid Put it, he said "REALLY SOON" :D note that gives a lotta space for putting what dates when "they" (air quotes :D )

Dribble Joy
05-04-05, 21:58
Legal/business technicalities are the bane of any release.

Morganth
06-04-05, 04:49

Then add KK to the equation and we have the definition of "once in a million years".

PcP'
06-04-05, 05:05
it won't be out on the 14th either ^^

Jesterthegreat
06-04-05, 12:44
i gotta ask what the point in saying "is it delayed now?" "how about now?" is...

its out when its out. either you can accept that and wait, or you cant.

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 12:50
What i don't get is why people keep looking at that international release date as a "goal".
Hell, just play the game, enjoy it with the current population and the people you play with. If more people come, that's nice. If not, you'll have those tech hunting zones all to yourself.

Let's imagine we have server pops of 800-950 people every night. Someone would be selling tickets at crp. MB bunker would have more runners than mobs around it, EVERY genrep would be camped, warbots would be fought over.

Nice prospect :-)

Dribble Joy
06-04-05, 12:51
What i don't get is why people keep looking at that international release date as a "goal".
I'm waiting for it because of the content patch that is supposed to come along then.

Maui
06-04-05, 13:01
Hell, just play the game, enjoy it with the current population and the people you play with. If more people come, that's nice. If not, you'll have those tech hunting zones all to yourself.

Let's imagine we have server pops of 800-950 people every night. Someone would be selling tickets at crp. MB bunker would have more runners than mobs around it, EVERY genrep would be camped, warbots would be fought over.

Nice prospect :-)
OMG, so much ppl to kill ! <3

Jesterthegreat
06-04-05, 13:07

aha...

gotta cap stealth whore spy by then... gotta cap!

Ultazha
06-04-05, 13:13

So why is there so many publishers that can deal with it and not KK/10Tacle/Atari ?...

You know:
10tacle : ok let's find a date for international release
KK and Atari: for sure yeah
10T: KK, the game is ready for the BIG release ?
KK: well.. ready ... yes... of course... only few things here and there but...
10T: ok so you'll be ready after the release with a patch at least ?
KK: ho yeah sure !
10T: Ok, now Atari, explain me how it will works, PEGI, press ads, web ads, us, uk and french market... and.. Atari ?! Where he is ?
KK: Are you sure he was there ?
10T: ...
10T: ok so, with all the informations that i have, the game will be released on the 25 march 2005 !
KK: ho shit...

... :wtf:

:angel:

Sorry Mods, but i had to tell this :D ;) Feel free to edit if you want :)

Terkantia
06-04-05, 13:19

That was the same picture I have . . .

What a wonderfully target rich environment!!

ROZZER187
06-04-05, 13:32

lol maui, what a small place we live in i was thinkin the same thing :lol:

athon
06-04-05, 13:32
Games release dates are lways slipping. UT 2004 was pushed back by about 6 months really close to the release date. IIRC KK's official word is that there is no official release date, and it'll ship "when it's done". The problem is that then shops take it upon themselves to convert rough dates or even wild rumours into solid release dates.

I believe there's even a few places who at one time started preorders for Duke Nukem Forever.

Athon Solo

Kuya
06-04-05, 13:34

<3 Maui :D

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 13:42
Would be realy evil if you do a "remove the le campaing" on the noobs.
"Are you +30 on second rank? Wanna make some cash? I'll give 100k for your le"

Dribble Joy
06-04-05, 14:02
I believe there's even a few places who at one time started preorders for Duke Nukem Forever.

SHUT UP!!

It WILL be released!!!

>_<

Selendor
06-04-05, 14:56
Just getting the product on the shelves isn't going to get you that much of an influx. I mean mmorpgs are big investments of time, I think a person would make an informed decision to buy it, rather than as an impulse buy...

In which case, the launch should be combined with an advertising campaign, both in print / online, as well as pleading with the magazine / gamesites to review the game...which in itself is a risk given the lack of obvious progress on the game since 2002.

Remember, PC Gamer UK would have given the game a much lower score back then after the first wave of patches, instead of the 80% odd that it got. They perceived it as getting worse since launch rather than better...and that is probably the last time they thought about it. So someone needs to point the reviewers at the core advantages the game has, notably the Deus-Ex style and the PvP system.

On top of that, you have a game that is not actually new, and any game has its detractors, who will scream loud on sites like mmorpg.com about how much a game sucks. Word of mouth is important in this case.

There are many challenges ahead for this game to be successful. We just have to enjoy the game for what it is now, and hope for the best.