PDA

View Full Version : Server Language

Nymphette79
05-04-05, 18:58
Im prolly gonna regret starting this thread but i have heard alot of contrasting opinions and would like official word on it.

I play on Terra which on the login states English, i have been told that this only means the support is English and that u can talk in any language, fair enough.
I go to Mars for a change as i can get by on a little German, assuming that the same rules apply i chat in English and get told quite aggresivly to F*** Off to an English server.
Pls could someone official set the record straight.

TIA

Dribble Joy
05-04-05, 19:01
Some people are somewhat 'militant' in how they react to people speaking a different language.

Jupiter and Venus were a bit like that too.

Technically you can speak whatever language you like on any server, but the support/tickets/etc. will be in a specific language.

SovKhan
05-04-05, 19:02
i played on jupi for a bit most people didnt mind that i spoke english. but then again i didnt ask for stuff on trade and other channels in english, i learned basic german words to ask for stuff.

ROZZER187
05-04-05, 19:10
lol linz i figured someone would make a thread, but i thought it would be dan.

@ dj, my m8 used one of the other servers on my account to create a character till he got his account working. only to ask in trade on mars for a poke and told he should f*** off to terra and was made kos :lol:

btw can anyone confirm that your not allowed to talk english or german on pandore??

i heard that pandore was not owned by kk so the rules dont apply there

Phlith
05-04-05, 19:12
who cares... do whatever you want O_o

Dribble Joy
05-04-05, 19:14
I think that AD would prefer you to and will ask you nicely to, speak french, however I don't think they enforce it.

Nidhogg
05-04-05, 22:05
I can't speak for Pandore but on the other servers you may speak whatever language you choose, but you will only receive support in the designated language.

N

zii
05-04-05, 22:16
I speak French on Pandore, but a lot of people reply to me in English.

I have dealt with AD and although my initial contact was in French, they changed to English.

I don't think that there is a problem so long as you have some knowledge of the language to get by in. Une biere svp, un grand biere svp :)

[TgR]KILLER
05-04-05, 22:36
i think because of the servers are saying german / english.. most germans are on the german servers very few english people on there so thats why they react like that.. they act like the server is actually ment to be german only.

same with the english on terra. people don't really like people talking something else because they just can't understand it..

imho german can understand english better then the other way around :p

Superbron
05-04-05, 22:43
Speak whatever language you like on whatever server you want: it's a free world after all!

Mighty Max
05-04-05, 22:46
Hmm, didnt yet got aggrassively told to change the language.

I mean, im german, but i allways drop to english, cuz im used to play under englich env.

Bad luck, i'd guess.

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 09:29
I speak dutch all the time and people shoot me for it on terra.
Acutaly, it's the dutch that shoot me :-)

trigger hurt
06-04-05, 09:42
@ dj, my m8 used one of the other servers on my account to create a character till he got his account working. only to ask in trade on mars for a poke and told he should f*** off to terra and was made kos :lol:

Who cares if they KoS you on that server. It's the server that skill forgot.

The place is full of spies who, not only don't use, but apparently aren't aware that a spy can drug for shelter or wear INQ armor. Faught a tank at CRP once and he thought I had ppu support.