PDA

View Full Version : Dual Logging

enigma_b17
05-04-05, 16:35
I was trying to get my friend on to my backup machine to ave a go on nc, however if i already have neocron running on another machine, then the other machine just logs in to a perma-black-sync screen. Ive changed the local port about a thousand times but it doesnt seem to do anything. If i relog about 60 times i can log both on. Any1 know how to do this smoothly?

[edit] yes chars are on different accounts :P

imper1um
05-04-05, 16:53
Are you on a Wireless Connection?

If so, you might have what's called PoS Packet Scheduler (aka Piece of Shit Packet Scheduler). This limits how much bandwidth each person uses to almost a tenth of what the actual ability is. 95 times out of 100, it just jams up the network because this piece of shit Packet Scheduler has to be properly configured before it works.

For Windows XP:
- Start> Settings> Control Panel> Network Connections
- Right-Click the Wireless Connection (NOT THE INTERNET CONNECTION) and click Properties
- Click Packet Scheduler on the list and click Remove...

That should get rid of that PoS.

enigma_b17
06-04-05, 15:30
nah that has nothin to do with the problem, as ive had that off for ages. I cant figure it out, might be somed to do with the fact that the 2 clients im trying to run the 2 instances of nc on access the internet through a pc which i made into a router. Any1 else have any ideas? how about u niddy u seem to brimming with ideas these days :D

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 16:10
Go to neocron.ini and change the localport of one machine. Change it to about a 100 port difference.

enigma_b17
06-04-05, 16:23
ive done that about a million times, im completely stumped now. It works after about 50 attempts but that takes like 20 minutes and i just cant b bothered to do it, surely there is some settin that i have to adjust :/

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 16:32
You "turned a pc into a router".

Tell us more about that. The problem must be there then

enigma_b17
06-04-05, 16:38
er not so much a router as a gateway...simply controls access to the internet, uses a firewall etc

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 16:41
Are we talking about a shared internet connection on a third computer?
You may also want to turn off the firewall, and try then. These things have to be solved by going down the entire line one by one.

enigma_b17
06-04-05, 17:51
yar shared internet conn, but i aint turnin me firewall off lol

Phlith
06-04-05, 17:56
We got two PCs in my house, i just share my NC folder so the other workgroup can view/execute my files. You try that ?

*Dazz*
06-04-05, 17:59
This machine here connects to the net, all other comps on my network connect thru this one (shared conn. :p ) anyways, if this pc is logged on NC, and I try to log another on, this one gets booted....If I log other pc(s) on first, then this one, no probs what so ever...

enigma_b17
06-04-05, 18:03
We got two PCs in my house, i just share my NC folder so the other workgroup can view/execute my files. You try that ?

that would be quite laggy and I dont think it would help my problem at all :/. The times i can log on both is completely random still cant figure it out yet lol

enigma_b17
09-04-05, 15:32
I think although theyr going out different ports on my 2 clients theyr still going out the same port on my Gateway. Not sure how to get this working nearly at the end of my straw so to speak. How do i specify what port it goes out of the gateway at, can i do it so that the gateway routes them out different virtual ports? any1 know

Scanner Darkly
15-04-05, 14:54
Did a little digging and I found this registry hack (scroll to near the bottom of the page) http://www.wown.com/articles_tutorials/w2kprout.html

I don't have very high hopes for this, but it's worth a shot. Remember to back up your reg before you do this and don't hurt me ingame if it does jack all.

If that doesn't solve it I'm sure you can find a cheap hardware router/gateway on ebay or wherever. Most have a decent hardware firewall too, if you're into that kinda kerfaffle

whifix
16-04-05, 02:10
A work around until you get an answer would be to setup a proxy server on your internet router box and follow the brief proxy instructions found here. (http://cp.neocron.com/8/connectionissues) Be sure to setup the proxy server correctly though since if it's publicly accessible people could proxy in.

enigma_b17
16-04-05, 02:15
i actually figured out that windows xp has built in port forwarding with ICS. Works like a treat now ;)

Thanks for the help all