PDA

View Full Version : Obliterator castable ?

Original monk
04-04-05, 12:47
Dunno if this has been suggested before but this weekend a mate of me (angeldust from terra) told sumthing about the obliterator .. wouldnt it be cool if a spy could use the obliterator as a spell and instead of only stealthing himself could also stealth other people ?

With other words .. casting obliterator on someone would render the other person invisible for set amount of time .. how long the stealth would take is another question, maybe the same lenght or shorther i dunno .. maybe there should be and interval between diffrent foreign obliteratorcasts ? dunno

Also small changes should be made that this wouldnt be abused ffcourse (so you couldnt yust stealth a stranger (so he cant use weapons nomore) and yust shoot em with plasma ... for example a small window popping up asking you would like to be stealthed or not .. or sumthing along that line ..

Would this be doable technically ? would this bring new techniques to the battlefield ? would this bring a new use to the truesightsanctum (maybe if its a bit tuned with a longer range) ? would this be overpowered (imagine an apu unstealthing behind you) ? would this create a new role for spy's ?

i dont know, but its intresting enough to ask for you guys opinion :)

enigma_b17
04-04-05, 12:53
erm no, cause then they could just stealth an entire team. They have stealth cause of their "Supposed" bad constitution. Could be implemented in some way I spose

Bugs Gunny
04-04-05, 12:54
I say no. It would throw things completely out of whack again.
Imagine a stealthing apu-slasher spy team.....

netster
04-04-05, 12:54
omg ... u really want monks to be a stealthing whore? >_< NOOOO!!!!!1
1st. of all, TruesightSanctum needs a FIX, because its nearly useless as it is at the moment.
2nd. there should be more disadvantages needed, then just to get it working (TC90 for a monk, yeah!)
3rd. ni case it wight work, i want to see you, when 10 cloaked, stealthing monks+pe's+tanks come out of ug and take your hole crew down within seconds.

obli is fine, as it is at the moment, no changes :p

Obsidian X
04-04-05, 13:00
For one thing, if the Oblit was made this way, it should be foreign only, the spy should definitely not be able to use it on himself as well as others. Another idea might be to have a PPU rare that gives temporary stealth (stealth II length max), which again is foreign cast only.

Spermy
04-04-05, 13:06
FUCK THAT!

Besides the drug is injected... it'd have to work like a poke, not a cast...

and I for one Will quit the day I see a stealthing APU getting into the sweet spots in plaza.

so... er... FUCK THAT.

Original monk
04-04-05, 13:21
FUCK THAT!

Besides the drug is injected... it'd have to work like a poke, not a cast...

and I for one Will quit the day I see a stealthing APU getting into the sweet spots in plaza.

so... er... FUCK THAT.

lol, pssst spermy, chill chill :)

its yust an idea hehe im glad you are so concerned about the balance in this game :) but you must admit this has some possibility :)

if they put a timer on it fe: once every minute then you need 10 spy's to stealth 10 other classes to be stealthed for euh 10 secs ? 20 secs ? 30 secs even ?

the casting was yust an example to make the idea clear :) ffcourse it can be anything, a poketool/ hacktool / spell .. whatever :) but ya get the picture hehe

what enigma said made me think, spy's have stealth because of there weak health .. yeah ! but they can cast it on emselves everytime they want :) a foreign cast of stealth wouldnt protect you .. certainly not middbatle cause the spy has to go middbattle also .. and you need the time to accept the window asking you want stealth or not :) that time you can better use to combat or run away hehe

ffcourse this foreign stealth would be an offensive tool :) a pretty dirty even

obsidian, it shouldnt be obliterator on itself ! they can also create a new tool or spell for this, i choose spy's as an example but i wouldnt mind a ppu being able to give short invisibility to others :) altough i think spy's are suited cause they use the hitech tools :)

Jesterthegreat
04-04-05, 13:26
ugh... no.

as it is stealth makes too much difference.

people claim noob buffing is exploiting as its not how buffs should be used... well kk stated stealth was for espionage and para for escaping... from now on i exppect bans for stealth / para whores plz kk :mad:

ROZZER187
04-04-05, 14:58
pressed yes by accident lol,

make it no, wouldn't like the idea of a hybrid been able to stealth nuff said k thx bye.

btw @ spermy, a stealth monk in plaza???
your anti :wtf:

Bozz-Von Mel
04-04-05, 15:53
Don't like the idea either, but good job thinking of interesting things. I am still trying to figure out how I can get shot while stealthed when there is no true sight around.

Note: Only 2 people have been able to do that to me and more than once. Not saying who.

ROZZER187
04-04-05, 16:10
Don't like the idea either, but good job thinking of interesting things. I am still trying to figure out how I can get shot while stealthed when there is no true sight around.

Note: Only 2 people have been able to do that to me and more than once. Not saying who.

thermal goggles > you :lol: :lol:

just kiddin dunno how they managed that

Original monk
04-04-05, 16:14

not alot of people like it hehe, i think it would be funny tough .. it would also change alot yes :) it would be a dirty technique also fe: to stealth a melleetank and let it pop up behind someone with a pob, like that ppu who is completely suprised standing there witouth buffs and a tank all of the sudden wackin in hes back :)

anyways, you can get hit when stealthed by plasma/multilightningbolt/barrel as you probably know, so maybe they have spotted you (poisonbeam thats been casted on you previously and the poison keeps running on screen altough the stack stopped, yust as freezed and heal)

or sumtimes in very rare occasions you go in stealth on youre screen but you arent stealthed on the other persons screen ...

maybe if someone has an extremely old videocard they can see you in stealth yes :)

last chance is that the other person is yust a cheater/hacker or whatever you may call it ...

Spermy
04-04-05, 16:59
pressed yes by accident lol,

make it no, wouldn't like the idea of a hybrid been able to stealth nuff said k thx bye.

btw @ spermy, a stealth monk in plaza???
your anti :wtf:

Yeah, but I can see it being very annoying :p

As for original, wasn't going mental...

I meant FUCK THAT in the nicest way possible... really... :eek:

ROZZER187
04-04-05, 17:56
Yeah, but I can see it being very annoying :p

As for original, wasn't going mental...

I meant FUCK THAT in the nicest way possible... really... :eek:

annoying is an understatement
try anger management issues also see neocron/stealth spies

Tostino
04-04-05, 18:16

You were bugged last night at the op war becuase it just showed you as normaly runing around and I was wondering why you didnt even pull out your gun. It happens to me every few days or so and it pisses me off when im trying to run behind somone and they just fuck me up on the way and then I cant even fight back :(. So I know how bad it can be.

[TgR]KILLER
04-04-05, 18:22
right :/

a apu ppu team with a spy just there to keep them stealthed.. ppu almost dead.. hmm stealth and heal up..

no thanks JOSE !

Heavyporker
04-04-05, 18:35
Interesting idea, yes.

But, jeez, Crahn. You have no idea how much combat stealther spies piss me off. I mean, they're almost up there with fatals and bluescreens, in my opinion.

Quite frankly, with stealth being credited as saving spies' lives, maybe using the Stealth tool SHOULD cause damage on the user. After all, it's using some very exotic chemicals to make the user invisible.

Skusty
04-04-05, 18:55
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Were out of Coke! Ah i found some, lets se NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Were out of bread, now lets see here what it says,whaaa NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEVER NO NO NEVER!!!!!! :lol:

TWOK
04-04-05, 20:15

Are you popping drugs in stealth? Doing this makes you unstealthed to others whilst appearing stealthed to yourself.

Tostino
04-04-05, 20:27
Are you popping drugs in stealth? Doing this makes you unstealthed to others whilst appearing stealthed to yourself.
That only happens to some people. One of the spys I have can take drugs in stealth 100% of the time and still be stealthed for other people, and then i can play my friends spy i take drugs and it takes me outa stealth for other people.

Bozz-Von Mel
05-04-05, 00:38
You were bugged last night at the op war becuase it just showed you as normaly runing around and I was wondering why you didnt even pull out your gun. It happens to me every few days or so and it pisses me off when im trying to run behind somone and they just fuck me up on the way and then I cant even fight back :(. So I know how bad it can be.

Ahh, I was sitting there chatting with illmatic on direct, next thing I knew you were running toward me. I moved to the left and you kept following. I was like wtf ? I saw you shoot so I went to look for my stealthbreaker, (damn I was out). Just unlucky. :( The time before it was a guy with a crossbow. Had no idea how he shot me. Came back he was doing it again.

zii
05-04-05, 20:57
LOL. Foreign cast/poked stealthing would be hilarious. Plaza would be raining chaos.

Spermy
05-04-05, 21:36
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Were out of Coke! Ah i found some, lets se NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Were out of bread, now lets see here what it says,whaaa NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEVER NO NO NEVER!!!!!! :lol:

What

The

FUCK?!

Bozz-Von Mel
06-04-05, 06:16
LOL. Foreign cast/poked stealthing would be hilarious. Plaza would be raining chaos.

How about being stealthed against your will ?

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 09:55
AWESOME!!!!

It would add stealthspam to the paraspam at op wars.
Whoever brings the most spies wins, as the other army would be ..... gone :-)

Original monk
06-04-05, 10:42
How about being stealthed against your will ?

thats why they have to add a mechanism thats ask if you would like to stealth or not :) and a timer so you cant spam it :)

you get the picture, i yust wonna find a new technique, like an ambush

stealthing others would be one, im also thinking about mortars, remote bombs, and them lasermines they removed long time ago :) see em as an alternative to turrets at OPfights :)

i was also thinking about remote controled bots for droners, like a jhonny 5 or whatever bot you like :) but then with a remote hehe

but how do you keep this things balanced he :)

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 10:47
Mortar would be nice, so would mines, but please.... stealth was made for spies only for a reason.

Original monk
06-04-05, 11:44
Mortar would be nice, so would mines, but please.... stealth was made for spies only for a reason.

hehe dont worry bugs, to be honest i never liked it that PE's could use stealth, so i surely understand why majority thinks (check the pollresults) this wouldnt be an ideal tool to let loose on neocron population :)

ffcourse i see why this idea would be unbalancing, still im looking for sumthing diffrent and also other ways to use the tools we have now at our disposal :)

this doesnt mean im not happy with the tools and weapons we have now, its yust in a continiously evolving world like neocron you can never have enough idea's :)

i was also thinking about a stealthed (or stealthable by spy's) vehicules :) dunno the use of it yet lol, i was yust thinking about the stealthtanks in tiberian sun :P wich on its turn reminded me of subterainian vehicules wich on its turn reminded me of tunnelnetworks (like the doytunnels but witouth mobs) :)

options are endless in a videogame :)

eidt: now that i think about tiberian sun again: how about the doycarrier can also carry vehicules ? like a rhino he can drop off ? when ya think about carriers and dropships i also think about parashutes (would be fun to get a carrier near an OP and some people get dropped there from 200 meters height witouth faling to dead cause of fallingdamage, ffcourse parashutes remind me of the jetpacks drikie wanted for PE's :D

with more aircombat/transport going on you can start thinking about those sam's at the top of OP's :) maybe make it so someone can take place in em and functions as an anti-air unit, this derrived from an ages old idea to make a turret you can sit in and shoot with :)

Bugs Gunny
06-04-05, 11:51
You wanna try something fun?

PPU driver with obliterating hc inq1 spy gunning a reveler with his high wpl.... now that shit is funky. Just pop one beast to get in gunner seat.
You can also have an obliterating inq1 spy driving.

Reticle closes faster than you can say "enemy".

Original monk
06-04-05, 11:57
lol, looks funny but a HCspy is kinda well .. gimpy :)

i only knew one HCspy and that was rizzy's spy ... he's long gone by now btw ..

reticule also closes faster when the spy is driving ? 8|

Jesterthegreat
06-04-05, 12:49
lol, looks funny but a HCspy is kinda well .. gimpy :)

i only knew one HCspy and that was rizzy's spy ... he's long gone by now btw ..

reticule also closes faster when the spy is driving ? 8|

a stealthed driver, with rep specced... and a stealthed gunner.

mayhem