PDA

View Full Version : [Video]A NF PvP movie...

mulle
04-04-05, 08:34
I was a bit bored this weekend, so thought I'd do something constructive for a change and try to make my first video. Most of the fights are from a few months ago if I remember correctly. Be quick about it, because I will be taking down the file from the site in a few days.

PvP movie (http://www.cs.aau.dk/~jacob/yanpm.wmv) [105MB]

Jesterthegreat
04-04-05, 08:40
whos in it? i cant DL til after work (about 11 hours)

Dr Strange
04-04-05, 09:06
why is your PE model 100% black? (gamma settings?)

good editing, insanely huge ingame resolution 8| , least it was in english

Kozmos
04-04-05, 09:43
Jugger pistols are lame :p

Terayon
04-04-05, 09:52
nice aim man, didnt like the song to much though.

Tantta
04-04-05, 11:44
ah really nice video, good fps and good guality. was really entertaining.
very skilled aiming too.

Im not very happy about seeing myself dieing against you :D
just came back to nc on that same day, my aim kind of sucked sens i wasnt use to it.

edit:
"thx kk for giving us the overpowered x-bow"
Gotta agree on that one :lol:
as an apu i cant have that good resist on x-ray tho.

Bugs Gunny
04-04-05, 12:01
Nice.

As for the xbow i have one, but i hardly ever use it. Maybe on a pe i might but on a pistol spy you're better off with a slasher.

Phlith
04-04-05, 12:10
How in the fuckin world were you gettin 62 FPS while recording? Also if you would be nice enough to tell me what video editing app you were using. I've messed around with Adobe premier pro 1.5 but its a bit tough, although ive only scratched the surface a bit.

by the way, xbows need a NEEERRRF kthx :D

mulle
04-04-05, 14:24
Well I'm using Fraps to capture the videos and it limits me to 60 FPS or there about, I would probably have a higher FPS if it didn't (I have around 300 when fighting in Nf and not using Fraps if I remember correctly). As for editing tools I used MS Movie Maker (Included with Windows XP) and Creative Wavestudio (Included with Creative soundcards), so it's far from any highend editing tools I've been using. Just goes to tell that anyone can make a movie without much difficulty.

And yes I agree the x-bow is lame I only tried it for a short period, the credits were a bit sarcastic if you didn't catch it ;)

Nullvoid
04-04-05, 16:00
lol nice aim sure, it makes a change to see someone able to keep the xhair pretty much on the other guy. The way half those guys barely even hit you ^^ that's a bit sad really, I guess with no big duelling event like fight night anymore peeps don't get enough praccy.

Dribble Joy
04-04-05, 16:04
why is your PE model 100% black? (gamma settings?)

I get the same problem, no matter what I tweak the PA4 models are pure black.
Very annoying at night in the WL, can't see them.

lol nice aim sure, it makes a change to see someone able to keep the xhair pretty much on the other guy. The way half those guys barely even hit you ^^ that's a bit sad really, I guess with no big duelling event like fight night anymore peeps don't get enough praccy.
Dueling is as much about timing as aim. Like shooting a clay or pheasant, you often have to 'pull through', squeezing off at the right moment.

That said, aiming/fighting is so much easier in 3rd where the camera doesn't move much and you don't get flame and s/d effects blinding you.

Tostino
04-04-05, 18:49
Shit I wish I got that good FPS!! I only get like 35-40 in NF when recording and 45-50 when not (but my FPS will some times drop to 15 for no reason).
Nice video tho, ok aiming, very clear, I liked the music :p.

dark_reaper
04-04-05, 21:27
Also if you would be nice enough to tell me what video editing app you were using. I've messed around with Adobe premier pro 1.5 but its a bit tough, although ive only scratched the surface a bit.

Go with Avid Epress, It ranks 2 on the top editors. Adobe is not even on the list. If you have a Mac on hand go with Final Cut Pro, best movie editor out there. But If you are looking for an editor Go with Avid. It rulez :D

Jesterthegreat
05-04-05, 00:46
well... you get 5x the fps i get and it runs at least 5 times smoother... and thats with a vid recording...

you fucker :p

:edit: im not on the vid either :(

mulle
05-04-05, 08:19
well... you get 5x the fps i get and it runs at least 5 times smoother... and thats with a vid recording...

you fucker :p

:edit: im not on the vid either :(

Hehe that's what you get when you upgrade to a completely new system and OC it a tad ;)
Sorry for not having any vids with you in it, but I stopped recording after I stopped using the X-Bow or else you would have been in it :p
I'll try and make some more when I get my Internet back and can play NC again :)

Bugs Gunny
05-04-05, 09:43
Using fraps takes me down to 12 fps.
Tell me what mhz you system is running.

mulle
05-04-05, 10:09
Using fraps takes me down to 12 fps.
Tell me what mhz you system is running.

Spec's:

DFI Ultra-D NF4 motherboard
AMD Winnie 3200+@2.5Ghz
2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200@2-3-3-3 500Mhz
Powercolor x800xl 256MB ram @475/525 (Omega Drivers)
2x70GB WD Raptor (RAID 0)
Windows XP (no page file)

Bugs Gunny
05-04-05, 10:15
Damn, that's not much different from my setup, except the dual raptors.
Time for a reinstall of xp.

Original monk
05-04-05, 12:44
Go with Avid Epress, It ranks 2 on the top editors. Adobe is not even on the list. If you have a Mac on hand go with Final Cut Pro, best movie editor out there. But If you are looking for an editor Go with Avid. It rulez :D

i dunno whats on that list, i dunno where that list is from, but i know that myself i dont like final cut pro alot :/ we have em all here at work but when i can choose i prefer adobe :)

bobleponge
05-04-05, 13:13
You have good FPS, but you record in 60 FPS i think.

And the raptor is very good for this work.