PDA

View Full Version : Make it so if you mute a channel, you can talk on it!

Heavyporker
04-04-05, 03:54
It just really annoys me how people that mute a channel ingame will continue to keep yakking on that channel, oblivious to it. Hell, they might even go over the line and just spam messages after messages.

Simple question, simple poll, simple solution.

Dr Strange
04-04-05, 06:58
Voted no

Alot of times I'll be trading in Trade NC or Trade DoY and a conversation strikes up in OOC or Alliance and I'll need to turn one of those off so I can concentrate on that conversation, WHILE I am still advertising what I'm selling/wanting to buy.

Rogue Arson
04-04-05, 07:36
n/m Misread.

Heavyporker
04-04-05, 16:28
quiet thread, but it seems the poll is split right down the middle.

Come on. I thought a lot more people would be annoyed by this.

Skusty
04-04-05, 16:32
No, you can spam with out getting spamemd you self :lol:

Heavyporker
04-04-05, 16:34
The point of this poll is that people shouldn't spam without spamming themselves, to perhaps discourage some more spamming.

Capt. Rik
04-04-05, 16:39
I agree - I can't stand people who post
"WTB/WTS xx // yy - DM only pls (muted)"

Spermy
04-04-05, 17:44
If ya wanna use the channel, be prepared to put up with whats on it...

If you mute it, don't post there. :angel:

Jesterthegreat
04-04-05, 19:23
Voted no

Alot of times I'll be trading in Trade NC or Trade DoY and a conversation strikes up in OOC or Alliance and I'll need to turn one of those off so I can concentrate on that conversation, WHILE I am still advertising what I'm selling/wanting to buy.

agreed

Brammers
04-04-05, 20:01
Voted Yes. There has been no end of times that someone has asked for a repairer, and I've offered my services in response on the same channel, only to find the person does not respond, because...they had muted the channel.

[TgR]KILLER
04-04-05, 21:26
i got alliance muted loads of time but every so many min i still cast /sms r over it. its not like every min but just a few times a hour. but with all the bitching and allied pk bitching on alliance i got it muted most of the time now.

athon
05-04-05, 09:17
They should get an alert message too, to tell them what has happened. Something along the lines of: "You need to activate this channel (check the tickbox) before you can speak on it"

This should help to solve the problem of newbies not activating channels (and thus being unable to hear the help they're given when they ask a question on f.e. help channel)

Athon Solo

Tantta
05-04-05, 12:10
Voted no

Yep, i voted "no" too.
Doing that same sometimes.