PDA

View Full Version : Holovests

Color Me Plaid
03-04-05, 23:30
Still having computer problems, so I haven't been ingame for a while, just wonderin'. Are these working yet? ANd if so, can I get some details on it?

aelfkins
04-04-05, 00:08
they work, but they are pretty worthless. They allow your spy to look like a no PA wearing PE, Tank, Monk,(male, or female depending on the modle) You still keep the same name, faction, and SL. You lose armor, and take a big negative. Theres no real reason to use it.

Color Me Plaid
04-04-05, 01:24
Damn. I was really hoping to make my droner look like it had ppu armor so people would just kinda leave.

eprodigy
04-04-05, 01:57
im not sure what the dex it is (how much) but a droner wearing a tank or monk one would be good, no one would think you were the droner.. theyd still kill you though (an afk enemy!)

Mr Kot
04-04-05, 02:10
I think a PA skin would be a good idea tho...

Kozmos
04-04-05, 02:26
im not sure what the dex it is (how much) but a droner wearing a tank or monk one would be good, no one would think you were the droner.. theyd still kill you though (an afk enemy!)
The problem with that is when you kill the 'afk' monk in a warzone, and when he falls to the floor, and releases, if their watching, you turn into a spy as your body dissapears ;)

Jesterthegreat
04-04-05, 03:32
and more importantly it has a large negative to dex iirc

enigma_b17
04-04-05, 10:47
honestly....theyr absolutely useless....

I mean come on, say a CityAdmin spy is standing around in crp and a red tank comes near him. He sees the tank before the tank sees him and says "o ill be sneeky and disguise myself", so he throws on a holovest which makes the CityAdmin Spy look like a CityAdmin monk. Are we to believe the red tank will say :o a CityAdmin Monk, I had better run away. No....lol

to be made useful theyd ave to actually change ur faction, not just ur skin.

Bugs Gunny
04-04-05, 11:00
My barter spy runs around looking like a HC tank. It's pretty funny and that's it. Holovests do absolutely NOTHING for a char in pvp.
I can imagine it being usefull if we ever find someone that's going to organise theatrical plays in the dome or neocron.

"Neocron Theatre looking for high dex spy actors to play in "MOM" a play about an alternative universe called Mostly Orcs Mommy."

Mr Kot
04-04-05, 11:31
honestly....theyr absolutely useless....

I mean come on, say a CityAdmin spy is standing around in crp and a red tank comes near him. He sees the tank before the tank sees him and says "o ill be sneeky and disguise myself", so he throws on a holovest which makes the CityAdmin Spy look like a CityAdmin monk. Are we to believe the red tank will say :o a CityAdmin Monk, I had better run away. No....lol

to be made useful theyd ave to actually change ur faction, not just ur skin.

Be careful what u wish for... next patch they may introduce a holovest that changes you from CityAdmin to.......... Tangent 8|

Bugs Gunny
04-04-05, 11:34
Holovests that make you look like a drom or a tree. That would be nice.
However, with the drom holosuit the doors would be open for people to make those nasty dromsex movies again.

I believe in NC1 there was a guy that made those with fraps.

Superbron
04-04-05, 12:06
I want a holovest that will disguise me as a goguardian: yes please put your stuff here, thank you very much! :D

Bugs Gunny
04-04-05, 12:09
That's one SICK scam :-)

enigma_b17
04-04-05, 12:11
Be careful what u wish for... next patch they may introduce a holovest that changes you from CityAdmin to.......... Tangent 8|

we can hope. That would be deadly, give spies an actual tool for spying apart from stealth....I do think they need different negatives though, taking away from agility or athletics or which ever it does needs to be gotten rid of and essentially make it act like a machina glove so that u cant shoot people with it on. IE u exchange protection for offensive ability. Perhaps give it a powercell or make it consume a sort of ammunition.

ROZZER187
04-04-05, 15:03
hello mr spy can you tell us who your going to be??

tonight matthew im going to be a tank :lol: :lol:

dont think anyone will get that but meh