PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! newbies on drugs.

Spermy
01-04-05, 13:23
Yup - fisrt time I tried drugging up a newbie character - Have to say - KICK ASS! Basically - he's a spy so I whanged in some speed increase - a resist force and a body health cocktail, Lasted nearly 4 times as long as a regular low level spy would - top dollar - the only thing is, drugflash is lethal!

So yeah - There's a first time for everything even in all this time I've been playing :)

Rock on ^^

Morganth
01-04-05, 13:25
If you cap PSI on a spy and then go lvl in aggies, it makes one hell of a difference. Heal Sanct + Def and you can take several mobs hitting you at once.

Inntal
01-04-05, 13:28
Hmm I tell every newbie to use drugs and implants as soon as you can. You need a decent organised clan, but if you have the right equipment you'll lvl like hell. Using rare weapons is just a matter of a few days.

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 13:32
Drugs are KK's gift to neocronkind.
If it wasn't for my religious persuasion i'd be a BD drugdealer by now.

Spermy
01-04-05, 13:37
To be honest this is also new territory - never rolled a rifle spy before - and the only spy I ever played before that was a pistol that I never finished with... of course - there was spermy in NC1... but he was a droner and was wank by default >_<

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 13:39
My advice to you.... start him as a droner, using aoe drones, then when at at least 98 dex you can lom him over. Leveling and the added lom time is less than actualy leveling as a rifle or even worse a pistol spy.

Preach
01-04-05, 13:40
if u relog just after taking the drugs you wont get any drug flash at all

nobby
01-04-05, 13:44
Mate, you could just turn him into a hacknet spy!
just like using a hybrid monk!
you shoot really quick and on the right mobs, u get at least 1.4K !
The XP is "phat" and the cash is "le sex".
try it if you dont believe me !

hacknet is the way!

*brrr.....bloody Volvo...always...causing..trouble......* :lol:

Jesterthegreat
01-04-05, 13:45
theres 2 methods of leveling for me.

either imp and drug to the max, or dont use any imps / drugs.

imp + drug means best weapons ASAP, nothing means if you die theres no looking for a poker.

both have advantages.

however doing something between is a waste of time for the gain you get

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 13:46
if u relog just after taking the drugs you wont get any drug flash at all

Posting exploits is against forum rules, better edit that before nidhogg does.

nobby
01-04-05, 13:53
it's a "Feature"! :lol: :p :lol:

Original monk
01-04-05, 13:56
never mind em bugs .. preach isnt the first one of its kind in neocron, many have been before em and all ended the same way

Spermy
01-04-05, 14:47
Pfft - pennance was a HN spy - hated it. HATED with a passion :P

and whats with all the newbie tips! Seasoned vet here :p I haven't been away THAT long :P

That said - cheers for the tips guys :D

Dribble Joy
01-04-05, 15:07
The relog bug/exploit is known very well and it's let slide as there really is no way of finding out if it is being used. That said they really should fix it, it is an exploit.

Spermy
01-04-05, 15:24
The relog bug/exploit is known very well and it's let slide as there really is no way of finding out if it is being used. That said they really should fix it, it is an exploit.

Agreed - but more often than not it's more trouble than it's worth what with all the synch errors and such. If you can't handle the flash - don't bother with the drugs IMO.

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 15:42
I get a drugflash after 3-4 drugdoses. Which is 30-40 minutes. And even then taking another batch usualy solves it for one more run.
But just make sure you always use 10 min drugs, all the rest is crap.

And here's a good hint for you about taking drugs as a spy:

DON'T EVER take drugs while in stealth. You'll drop out of stealth on other people's screen but not on yours. (kinda like the punch people in stealth bug).
I've died 3 times at cycrow wondering how the hell they could see me before i figured out what made it happen.

TWOK
01-04-05, 18:25
I take 3 drugs on my spy, most I can reach is 2 doses (w/o relog bug) before dropping to my knees like a sucker, add to the mix anti para/dmgboost drugs and it's not fun.
Little tip for tradeskillers lvling up with drones, bluefairy + destrol forte gives 27 wpw which helps alot.

Jesterthegreat
01-04-05, 19:30
Little tip for tradeskillers lvling up with drones, bluefairy + destrol forte gives 27 wpw which helps alot.

anotherone... leave the le in :D

Dribble Joy
01-04-05, 19:34
anotherone... leave the le in :D
Unless you are going to MC5 >_<.

trigger hurt
02-04-05, 00:21
If you cap PSI on a spy and then go lvl in aggies, it makes one hell of a difference. Heal Sanct + Def and you can take several mobs hitting you at once.

If you cap psi on a spy, you should have around 20 in all stats. That's when you get your fat tank buddy to gun the rhino for mass xp sessions, and tech parts :p.

the spy I made on mars went from 20 dex to 90 dex in about 5 days. STR capped repairing. INT capped before dex, oddly enough, I guess also from repairing. Sad thing though. I had all those and 30 CON...

Mechanicus
03-04-05, 04:02
a while ago i fully capped a PE without using one imp, took a little longer but was surprisingly stressless!

not having to get repoked everytime you die owns, probally made time back liek that anyway

Morganth
03-04-05, 04:52
If you cap psi on a spy, you should have around 20 in all stats. That's when you get your fat tank buddy to gun the rhino for mass xp sessions, and tech parts :p.

the spy I made on mars went from 20 dex to 90 dex in about 5 days. STR capped repairing. INT capped before dex, oddly enough, I guess also from repairing. Sad thing though. I had all those and 30 CON...

Or, you do missions to 23 INT, then pop 2 shop bought INT drugs and you can drive the rhino.

Thats how I leveled my CSTer and RESers, drugs and tanks. The standard leveling was for my pistol spy, because I had never leveled anything properly with pistols.

Spermy
03-04-05, 13:13
I remember on te first incarnation of spermy I just droned in el farid :)

*Is tempted to re-roll spermeh :S*

The only prob with droners is that fact that the con doesn't get any loving...

Could roll a PE droner... They're halfway viable and easily cappable - whang a team together and rock on :)

Jesterthegreat
03-04-05, 13:33
I remember on te first incarnation of spermy I just droned in el farid :)

*Is tempted to re-roll spermeh :S*

The only prob with droners is that fact that the con doesn't get any loving...

Could roll a PE droner... They're halfway viable and easily cappable - whang a team together and rock on :)

buy some TL150 BP's for con xp.

and my sexy droner from NC1 is deleted out of boredom.