PDA

View Full Version : The hard life of IT departements

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 10:33
Since it's april fools day we decided to have some fun at work and we sent out this email to everyone in the company:

Aangezien er de laatste tijd wat problemen zijn met het lezen van floppydrives, hebben we besloten een periodiek onderhoud in te voeren voor de floppydrives op alle pc's. Uiteraard kunnen wij dit niet allemaal zelf doen en vragen we dan ook om vanaf nu elke vrijdag tussen 12-12:05 een paar keer diep in te ademen en heel hard uit te blazen in het floppystation om alle stofdeeltjes te verwijderen.

Teneinde een optimale werking van het computerpark te kunnen blijven garanderen rekenen wij op jullie volledige medewerking.

It's in dutch and means something like:

Since we have lately had some problems with floppydrives, we decided to introduce a periodic maintenance of these drives on all pc's. Off course we can't personaly do them all, so therefore we ask that from now on you will do this every friday between 12-12:05:
Breathe in deeply and blow out into the floppy drive to clean it of dust.

To ensure a continuous optimal performance of the computers we count on your full cooperation.

This joke was not realy seen as a joke by some people, and so far i've had one guy call me and ask where he could find his floppy drive (he prints out all emails and saves them in his cabinet, sometimes faxing back answers, age 55).
And one person asking how many times he had to do this and if we couldn't just do it for him. Then he asked... are you sure i have to do this every week?

God..... what a world we live in.

Capt. Rik
01-04-05, 11:00
lmao that's quality!

netster
01-04-05, 11:51
nice one :D
but after all, once i sended arround this email back when i started my it-career back in '99. instead of just all floppys, i gave em all an brush :angel:

Maui
01-04-05, 12:17
brilliant mr. Gunny ^_^

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 12:19
A brush! Nice one :-)

But honestly..... When you come to some people's desks and see the state of their keyboards you sometimes wonder about transmitable diseases.

Spermy
01-04-05, 12:57
Expected a PPU removal thread in the official statements section today to be honest :p

But yeah - quality prank dude :P

01-04-05, 12:59
I've refrained from exploiting the thick end users this year :-)