PDA

View Full Version : >> Laptop's and NC <<

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 18:23
Ive been trying to get NC running on my laptop, I can install it fine, run the patcher and it patches fine. When I run it the adds come up but when it comes to loading up the Login screen it shows the top and bottom borders but no login screen. Ive reinstalled a few times and reinstalled my gfx drivers and I cant just figure out what to do, any thoughts any1 ?

Nidhogg
31-03-05, 18:27
I don't know the answer to your specific problem but I can tell you that I run Neocron on an old laptop with no problems other than a low frame rate, so it's not a general issue with laptops.

N

poop
31-03-05, 19:29
try rebooting after installing

what kind of video card does the laptop have?

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 19:37
some crappy geforcefx go one

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 19:46
what i cant figure out is it working before, yet ive changed nothing since :/

doos
31-03-05, 19:49
my old computer used to do that to me too. Change the screen resolution....I run it on a laptop and it runs great 8|

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 20:09
ive tried every resolution both my desktop and the ones available in the config in the launcher. If i select DX7 primary display however when i hit ok, if i go back into config it doesnt save it, so I apparently can only use dx9, could that be a problem?

[TgR]KILLER
31-03-05, 22:07
dno whats wrong. i can run it on my laptop pretty well. well just get 10 fps but outside from that and a waring when i boot up nc about having small memory ( 512 mem but onboard 64 mb vid takes mem off that to ) but nc still runs fine on it.

netster
31-03-05, 22:59
running nc on my notebook too, but crappy fps and it needs a ramupdate...
perhaps tried to reinstall directx ?

enigma_b17
01-04-05, 00:05
tried reinstalling dx which had no effect. any other ideas? :)

SovKhan
01-04-05, 00:05
i had problems on my laptop until i ran in dx7 then everything ran fine.

netster
01-04-05, 07:13
my notebook uses geforcefx go5300 ... not a descent ship for nc, but enough to tradeskill ;) u tried DX7 setting in nc2 also? post your dxdiag info mate and some more ... perhaps we are able to get a few more hints for you.

nobby
01-04-05, 13:59
...you Noobs!
I frigging found the fix to this problem years ago!

do a ctrl+alt+del
slowly close the processes running in the background. once you've closed the right one, neocron 2 will work!

a program is disturbing neocron.
make sure p2p networking/kazaa is closed if u have it...

cornelius5
01-04-05, 14:16
*edited because im a flaming troll,, or would that be a trolling flamer?
whatever, its early im grumpy net is on the fritz*

Original monk
01-04-05, 14:24
and all u guys with geforce2go chips dont know fps until u run nc on a celeron laptop with integrated video,,,
hey it was a really good deal at the time .

"was"

use such a machine and people will yell at you: Get some skill GG

... until you kill em with 1 to 3 fps :D

enigma_b17
01-04-05, 15:40
i dont believe it. It was a system process, alg.exe (application layer gateway) that was preventing the login screen from loading....its essentially the core element of microsoft's internet connection sharing and internet connection firewall service. Can any dev tell me why it would prevent the login screen from loading?

SovKhan
01-04-05, 18:30
my laptop is a shitty dell, celeron with intergraded videocard. doubt my dx printout would help you. would post it however the laptop atm is broken, (i broke my power cable and the batteries are dead). my bro's sony vaio couldnt run NC and that cost a prettypenny this laptop cost like 800 bucks and ran about 5-10 fps (on lowest rez with all gfx options on lowest setting). mainly used it to research or lvl noobs durning accounting class.