PDA

View Full Version : Ask Teh Bunneh

Nidhogg
31-03-05, 16:12
As you know, Snowcrash is our content Overlord here at KK and I'll be grilling him later on for a Q&A to be posted on the forums this evening (along with some news regarding the international release). This thread is to collect some questions to be put to him. I already have a bunch but the more the merrier. Note however that I will pick and choose which ones to ask so there's no guarantee that your question will be asked.

Some rules:

1) Snowcrash is in charge of content only, so no questions about FREs or login syncs etc.

2) There are no other rules except for those I decide to make up on the spot.

Ask away...

N

Capt. Rik
31-03-05, 16:14
1. Are there any plans for mid lvl dungeons as an alternative to the MB bunker?

2. (this might not be appropriate) Could lower level cellars/sewers/etc have some sort of higher level boss that is challenging and drops some decent loot for a low level character (hide a few in the main sewers or something)

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 16:15
ok...ill ave a go :)

1). Any plans for some new ppu rares (& parashock to be removed?)?

2). Are pe's going to get anything new?

3). What about the copbot plasma rifle, any plans to put that back in?

4). Will there be any medium-high lvl caves (like chaos caves, swamp caves etc) placed near Neocron?

Ghede
31-03-05, 16:20
1) When will the remaining "closed area" location open their doors? Such as the zoo, Pepper Pub, ConCenter, NCPD?

2) Are there any plans to implement "roleplay-items" such as they were obviously planned during NC2 beta? (accessoires)

3) What about Outfitters?

4) Are there any plans concerning a working faction counsil system? I've heard rumors of taxes, or generally more power to elected officials.

5) What about Clanwars/reworked F6 system?

;)

Siygess
31-03-05, 16:23
Is instanced content a possibility for NC2, or is this considered to be against the spirit of the game?

Maui
31-03-05, 16:27
any new end game content ?

Obsidian X
31-03-05, 16:27
Lets see....

1) Is there an ETA on the new weapons and vehicles making it ingame?

2) Are they any new mobs (by new mobs I mean skins/models) to be implemented any time soon?

3) Are there any new mini-epics planned, such as the Zargerus/Einstein ones that never made it?

4) Could you confirm or deny the existence of Excalibur in Neocron? :D

Thanks for taking the time to read these! :)

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 16:31
When do we get to see the new vehicles?

Will dark metal ever open again?

Will Crahn ever return?

Is rezza still alive or is he dead?

Who shot President Kenedy ?

MkVenner
31-03-05, 16:32
1) Any plans for opening of the more...long term, closed area's? (Dark Metal/Regants, Oz7, that little tunnel besides the Oz5 church)

2) Any thing more geared towards PE (not necissarily PE exclusive) in the pipline.

3) More Clothing options when the rokkwears are up, not only the ones that were originally selectable during character creation.

4) Accessories on the horizon?

5) Dual-weilding? Im not sure where i stand on it, but others would like to know

6) New stealth and Hacktool models in the pipline?

7) Inclusion of lower level bosses to areas such as Oz, Ind Sec and Main Sewer would be nice, had any thoughts on it?

8) Reopening of the still closed areas in NC/DoY, Pepper Pub, Wargames, Concenter, or the re-doing (o_O) of places like the job center (its useless atm) would be cool.

9) Sorry I just had to ask, but, Military Base level 2 or 3 appartmens arent any where on the to-do list are they? :p

SirRah
31-03-05, 16:34
Where can you buy the WB Action Figures?

And how much does a Juggernaut Warbot weight?

:p

j/k

Here's a real question: If we got some ideas for new high level dungeons and work it out into details will you consider it to implement? I got some cool ideas for high level content which wouldnt need many new things to be implemented. ;)

Fafhrd
31-03-05, 16:36
1) Any non-pvp/pvm oriented content planned (e.g. outfits :-) // new structures in the wastelands // missions to strengthen the players affiliation with its faction/city - medium to high-lvl difficulty )
2) Quad?
3) Overhaul of the hacknet layout (basicly all hn areas look the same :-/ )
4) Players and clan apps: detailed access control to the app/cabs

Spermy
31-03-05, 16:36
Erm...

1) ANy reskins of old weapons/equip/mobs in the pipeline - Any new icons? Some of the stuff is looking a bit dated - awesome, but still dated :(

2)Accessories - any in depth info about these? still on track, yes or no?

3) Not really been touched on, but any reworks on weapon effects In a visual sense

4) anything the community can submit that would be worth reviewing - I know a lot of them are mechanics reworks, but i'd sure as hell like some definite guidelines on model/skin submissions, or maybe even RPOS submissions...

5) Thankies for all the hard work you lot have put in ( not just for you bunny man! that's for everyone involved :p)

Heavyporker
31-03-05, 16:37
>siygess - I'd think instancing would be against spirit of game, yeah.

- When will there be aerial vehicles for Neocron City (helicopters, to match the advertising)

- when will we be able to see skyscrapers beyond the city gates as we walk up the ramps?

- Will the hovercab system get a tweaking - as in, being faster flying around, and some new stops (like Plaza 1 crytons, etc etc)

- Will someone at KK monkey around with the city game engine so vecs can be driven around inside the cities, like, say, bikes in the outzone?

- Will Regant's Legacy open?

- When will recyclables be fixed? (antidotes, antishocks, antistealths, gourment meals, etc). Not just these, but it's more expensive to recycle up a datacube than to buy one.

- When will the Stock-X bank come back? (put up old Bank with new entrance in Via Rosso 1 or 3. These zones are so small as they are now.)

- When will the Stock-X tracking and trends be fixed? (they used to work in NC1, albeit in limited form)

- When will Stock-X outlets be more useful? (like - will stock-x be removed from the general populus' citycoms, and limited only to Stock-X outlets... or will the Stock-x outlet managers give tips and info about stock-x?)

- When will fully naked strippers come out?

- When will there be actual battles between NC and DoY forces (set spawns of stormbots and DoY guardians in the same spot, etc, etc)

- When will the Herbalis mission work?

- When will the DAL thing work (honestly, I can't figure the damn thing out)

- When will the secret facility in the Dome work (secret hatch in one of the sectors - doesn't work, though, ask Krysm)

- When will there be new oceanic zones, with islands and reefs and shit?

- Any new mobs planned?

- Any new weapons planned? Any new psi modules planned?

- When will faction counselors return? Right now, factions themselves are very fragmented internally.

- When will Phoenix DNS open up? (boss mob and the other hacknet rareparts)

- Any way you can make SPINE parts (components of codebreakers) easier to get than going through the opposite end of hacknet to fight a vain battle against an entire sector of hateful programs and subroutines? (alternate mob that has a CHANCE to drop SPINE parts?

Er.. I think I got more, but I don't want to monopolize the discussion.

N3v3rM0r3
31-03-05, 16:38
-what about hacknet? nc1 was better cause there was very good op fights, but now with hack net op fights re very bad

-any good idea for incrase speed game ( i mean less lag and more frames ) ?

-should be nice a new setting for monks damage. now is too random. with 200 energy or 0 you can take the same damage, think have no sense but is just my hopinion.

-what about an hairdressing salon ? :D should be nice change his look ( and dress too )

-and abount a new GRs? escador oasis, blacksmith.. etc...

think is all.... but i'll return :lol:

N3v3rM0r3

Ghanima
31-03-05, 16:52
1) Will high lvl mobs/hunting grounds be added to the outside world were long distance weapons and tactics could be used. Caves/tunnels for rifle wielding players is a little silly.

2) Can you start posting long term plans for new content?. For example have a list of items in a concept stage / programming stage / testing stage.

3) When or if will there be team/clan based missions?

4) Is there any chance of implementing vetern rewards for long term players as a sign of there comment to Neocron?

5) Collectible rare items that can be used for such things as colouring armour, painting the door to your appt, adding battle ribbons and patches to clouthing and armour to show what a badass you are and silly fluff things like that?

6) Do you have plans for setting up some sort of appartment sharing/acces levels so friends can share hideouts.

Ghanima :angel:

Capt. Rik
31-03-05, 16:55
Any chance of Faction specific power armour?

Nymphette79
31-03-05, 16:56
Just to say i think u should ask about any new mobs, would be nice to see.

Also, is he single?, seen his pic, i like a bit of meat on my men :angel:

Selendor
31-03-05, 17:05
1) What is planned to make PE's beneficial at the high end of the game? (Monk balancing would be a good start)

2) Will Clan Wars ever be finished?

3) Will the City Mercs role be improved?

4) Will you seek to utilise the existing but deserted zones in Neocron rather than worrying about new zones, eg adding better mobs to Mainsewer.

5) What changes are planned to refresh the OP wars in Neocron? I am thinking for instance city ops, island ops, hack rules, revised op bonuses.

6) Will flying vehicles be made cheaper or have lower requirements to use, to make them more popular while we wait for the coders to fix the high rate of crashing/loss.

Inchenzo
31-03-05, 17:15
Will there be binoculars ingame ?

Hell-demon
31-03-05, 17:16
Will the PE lip bug be fixed!?

Will prostitutes actually do there job!?

Will Tanks get better hair styles!!!!!!

Will I stop using exclamation marks!!!!!!!!

trigger hurt
31-03-05, 17:32
1. Can we get some quests that require your character to be a specific level naturally, not artificially through implants, buffs or drugs that span the entire leveling process of the toon? In other words, Some race and profession specific quests with tasks that should be performed at different intervals of the grind, and not completable in a day like our current epics.

2. When will the RP items (smokes, glasses, etc) be added and when will the clothing shops be fixed? Will there be a good many options for shirt, pants, boots and then changing their color or will we get just a few different styles and have to change their color to get an individual look?

3. OP wars and the HackNet layer need a serious revamp, as currently, all that a clan has to do is camp hacknet with 2 people and the OP can be defended for a long period of time. Do you intend to do something about this? Perhaps remove hacknet altogether from the op war scheme until it can be fixed.

aKe`cj
31-03-05, 17:38
s t o r y l i n e ?

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

31-03-05, 17:41
Any chance or LE-enabled clans? (obviously unable to hold outposts etc)

(long shot but I thought I'd ask)

Brammers
31-03-05, 19:06
OK

1. Big question of the lot - When is there a storyline coming?
2. What content will be put in to encourage more roleplaying (And sorry but Red is dead RP is not a valid answer!)
3. When are the Quad bike vehicles coming?
4. Will the faction rewards come back?
5. Will there be more content or features for the player run councils?
6. Will the wastelands be expanded in any way?
7. Will DoY get Neofrag?
8. When will I get my model Reveler to stick on my desk in Phoenix HQ? :D

Jesterthegreat
31-03-05, 19:17
any chance of things like the skill explanations being updated? iirc exotic psi is till explained...

Clive tombstone
31-03-05, 19:20
-Can ever help KK In-directly with any of its concept/art/content work sorta like an Inturn? :D (once I graduate from AI I mean)

and when is Irata or neotokyo stroy arches gonna be explained?

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 19:21
:o a couplle of more things popped into mind:

# Decent AOE for pistol/rifle users
# Some1 made a suggestion about PowerArmour lvls having different models for each level which i thought were really cool and would help give a bit
# My Quicbelt idea which i just posted in brainport, or multiple quickbelts :P
# 3 stars for tankys?

MkVenner
31-03-05, 19:21
and when is Irata or neotokyo stroy arches gonna be explained? or the mars/moon colonies?

faction specific power armour would roxxor, spikey bits on crahn PA (think chaos space marine power armour), Samurai esque for Tsunami, Dragon motiff on BD, battered and war worn camo for CM....that is unless you just mean a badge on the back :p

Comie
31-03-05, 19:41
1) why did the Tech Angels leave Tech haven which was all nice and blue and spangly and move to that Dump of a city DoY?
2) can PE's have stealth back?
3) can PE's have Jump pack PA's? (ala the sig)
4) can PE's be able to use Lvl 1 of other classes stuff (if they have the regs)
5) why hasnt Parashock been removed when its been the comunities No 1 hated thing?
6) Gliders, the damage they take while on the ground (take off and general movement on the ground) will that be addressed (as in removed)
7) gliders, can they have their regs lowered to "mid lvl" regs as they give yu a low combat rank for the sacrifice yu have to make to use them?
8) gliders, can the armaments of these be addressed, they need to be changed:
Assault gliders - forward firing rocket launcer to 20 mil gat cannon that can move along the vertical axis only (as in the glider still needs to be facing in the right direction)
Advanced scout gliders - Downward firing bomb to turreted rocket launcher/laser cannon and change the gunners view so that they view from the turret rather than having the after burners in their face
Advanced Assault gliders - combine the two weapons from above :)
is this possible?
9) why did the spirit mod get removed... can we have it returned and can we have it so that it removed deflector instead of shelter?
10) as MC5 is now being farmed by droners... can we have the glass returned?

Eckhart
31-03-05, 19:51
and when is Irata or neotokyo stroy arches gonna be explained?
On that note, when I last checked the Neocron story hadn't been updated to reflect events that happened at the end of NC1.

As a new player (i.e. one that came months after NC2 began) and having read that history I was somewhat confused that things within the gameworld were very different to what Id read, such as the Fallen Angels no longer residing in Tech Haven etc. Im sure that other new players that come in after the INT release would be just as confused.

Is there any news of when that history will be updated to reflect the events from the close of NC1?

bobleponge
31-03-05, 20:12
KK makes all what you promised, on March 25th it was 7 days ago for the official exit(release)!!

Correct the ENORMOUS bugs and puts back(hands) the closed zones, ceres, hacknet, snow and the other promises!!

And do not forget the advertisement for French on their small Pandore server.

How long for etre edited by the truth?

Nidhogg
31-03-05, 20:15
KK makes all what you promised, on March 25th it was 7 days ago for the official exit(release)!!

Correct the ENORMOUS bugs and puts back(hands) the closed zones, ceres, hacknet, snow and the other promises!!

And do not forget the advertisement for French on their small Pandore server.

How long for etre edited by the truth?
I knew there'd be one. :rolleyes:

And on that note, I'll consider this thread closed. I'll post up the results when I've finished.

N