PDA

View Full Version : hair site a no go?!?!?

MeWhiteWolf
31-03-05, 14:03
the website given ingame to fix my hair doesn't work - gives verification failed
every time.
also the code does not change.
wouldn't a black background make the hairstyles more readable?
i have used the email that kk already have with my accountname - has no effect other than saying no.

Genty
31-03-05, 14:04
hair site? Did I miss something?

Dribble Joy
31-03-05, 14:08
Indeed, I thought the only way was to get a GM to fix it.

Brammers
31-03-05, 14:08
hair site? Did I miss something?

I was thinking the same thing. Last time I checked, you still had to send a ingame ticket to the GM's.

I hope it's not someone running a fake website to steal people's usernames and passwords?

Edit: PS whats the URL you got given?

Capt. Rik
31-03-05, 14:12
Sounds totally dodgy. A KK response is needed here I think

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 14:14
Oh boy, some people still go for the oldest trick in the book don't they, the fake website.

I've seen so many people get their hotmail hacked by replying to an email from admin@hotmail.com asking them to log in again on a html email form.

MkVenner
31-03-05, 14:18
only thing i can think of is the launcher page to transfer characters, where you get to select a face and hair style...

but im lost too tho http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wtf.gif

[TgR]KILLER
31-03-05, 14:29
yea everything ever done went tought the launcher. the launcher is the only place ever outside nc were i would login with my username and pass..

but a hair site ? lol

and yes afaik you still need to make a helpticket so a gm can run you trough all hair models and colours available..

To quote the launcher page

Terra Hair Fix
If you still have one or more characters with incorrect hair please create an in-game GM call ticket for further instructions. You can do this by entering the RPOS (TAB key by default) and clicking on the "?" in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

if there was a "hair site" they would just tell that wouldn't they.

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 14:35
Yesterday I sent an ingame-ticket for the hairfix. Got an ingame mail back from a gm. He gave me a site-adress. I did go to the website but havent filled in anything yet. I feel uncomfortable giving out the information they ask for on that site. I wonder why KK doesn't use their site for the hairfix.

Capt. Rik
31-03-05, 14:41
Yesterday I sent an ingame-ticket for the hairfix. Got an ingame mail back from a gm. He gave me a site-adress. I did go to the website but havent filled in anything yet. I feel uncomfortable giving out the information they ask for on that site. I wonder why KK doesn't use their site for the hairfix.

What was the site address?

Dribble Joy
31-03-05, 14:41
Got the link still?

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 14:45
I still have the link but I'm not sure wether to give it out here on the forum. Sorry guys. Maybe it's safe but I don't wanna start any sh*t. Better to wait for an official statement.

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 14:45
a gm gave u a link?? u sure it was a gm and not some player pretending to be a gm? they dont use a site to do it, they just stand infront of u and scroll through all the hair styles :|

Dribble Joy
31-03-05, 14:47
I would suggest PMing a GM/Niddy the link for verification.

Brammers
31-03-05, 15:02
Someone sent me the URL, and I've sent a PM to Niddy about this thread. The site belongs to a well known NC member,

And I've looked at the HTML for the page, couple of mistakes there. The "Disco pants" options won't get sent to wherever it is going.

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 15:15
The site belongs to a well known NC member,

Yep, that fact made me suspicious.

Fafhrd
31-03-05, 15:31

- How did you know it was a gm that sent the mail to you?
- If it wasnt a gm, how did that person know you created an ingame-ticket?

@thread-starter: you might wanna change your passwords. fast.

MkVenner
31-03-05, 15:33
there might be someone sending out these email with the URL on, and it was just a conincidence that the person sent a ticket at the same time...

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:35
So - bottom line - dodgy site - yes or no? and PM me a link - my interest is piqued.

MkVenner
31-03-05, 15:37
if its legit great, all my guys are bald and its annoying lol

Fafhrd
31-03-05, 15:38
So - bottom line - dodgy site - yes or no? and PM me a link - my interest is piqued.

same here - pm pls.

MkVenner
31-03-05, 15:39
if its dodgy, it'll let you log in with any name and password, it wont be able to check a database to see if it real, itll just log the name/pword and load the next page, if its cosher itll say incorrect name/pword

i think...mebbe...

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 15:40
Another hacker gets a ban i think.

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:41
Link Me! >_<

Dribble Joy
I wouldn't go anywhere near it for the moment.

Farril
Hi,

As the creator of the page - in my position as a player and not QA - i can not tell if it works with all browsers. This way i was able to tell Odin my hair-wish without he and me being online at the same time.

It is created because it is a very difficult task to get all the players online to question them which hair they want.

/*edit

see the bunneh :p

edit */

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:42
Woo :)

*interest sated*

Sakletare
31-03-05, 15:48
[ edited for consistency - please see Snowcrash's post below ]
Now that we know it's not a hoax, can you announce the address of the page so that everyone can get their characters repaired?

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:49
Now that we know it's not a hoax, can you announce the address of the page so that everyone can get their characters repaired?

erm...

PS: All that need the hairfix due to Terra problems will get the address via ingame ticket, or get fixed if they are seen online.

SnowCrash
31-03-05, 15:54
Official Statement

I am sorry for this confusion but the hair fix site has not been officially authorised and only represents a testing site. Please use the regular way via Helpdesk to send in your inquiries if your character needs a hair fix.