PDA

View Full Version : Holy para

honour
31-03-05, 08:53
Firstly this is coming from a ppu.

Is it just me or is neo becoming a reet pain in the ass because of the para?

There are soo many ppus now that the other chars cant move without getting para spammed?

I think we should start a poll to get the para back to how it was in the middle of neo 1. Totaly ineffective.

At least this way u wont need to nerf the ppus. It just gives other chars a chance to actually move around a fight a little. Plus the ppus will have to work a little harder to keep their team alive.

Your thoughts?

Kuya
31-03-05, 08:56
pffffffffff.........

Not another Para post :o

honour
31-03-05, 08:57
yup a good ppu dont needs para :angel:

sultana
31-03-05, 09:54
Remove it.

netster
31-03-05, 10:52
HAX! buy alot of antistundrugs, dont change para, dont remove para.
btw, i never leave to an opfight, without at least 20 antistun drugs :p

btw, when u're a ppu ... how about using TL83 Crahn Antiparalyse??

sultana
31-03-05, 11:02
Why not the tl 103 Holy Antiparalyse?

netster
31-03-05, 11:26
ah sry, didnt see that one >_<

Selendor
31-03-05, 11:27
1. I don't use it much
2. Just carry drugs
3. It costs a lot of mana to cast holy para, you can't spam it.

For me this makes it ok in its present form.

If it was removed would I miss it? No.

Original monk
31-03-05, 11:27
Im in favour of making parashock mob only ... this didnt used to be the case in past times ...

but lately its getting to much .. i used to be paraspammed alot (NC1 saturn PP1) but lately its getting insane (terra everywhere) ..

yesterday i was fighting an apu who had 3 ppu's to cover he's ass :wtf: why he needs those other 2ppu's lol ? para takes much mana to spam yeah but with 3 ppu's paraying and dbing you it felt like paraspam to me lol (btw i GRep away .. he could shove he's 3 ppu's back in he's ass)

first stack i get in a fight anywhere, anytime ... is a para LoL

para mob only .. including the melleetazers

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 11:28
Parashock sucks bigtime.
Even with drugs it's annoying as hell.

Phlith
31-03-05, 12:13
Id be in favor of making parashock cost like 250-300 mana.. Then the melee tazers cost about 50-75 stamina per shock. I've seen it many times where a melee tanks only goal in an op fight is to just chase someone with a tazer out.. not good :rolleyes:

I would also love to see para mob only.. sounds good to me :(

Nymphette79
31-03-05, 12:16
*Anxiously awaits DJ's post*, that guy HATES para
As a ppu i very rarely use Para coz of the suck on mana but on the other hand there are drugs to combat this.

Original monk
31-03-05, 12:27
dont mind em .. he wants to see everything noncookiecutter nerfed like hybrids .. hybridtanks .. and more common .. ppu's ..

tough atm time is ripe for pararemoval !

onlything else i wonna see nerfed in the game atm is the xbow .. there overpowerd (yes i spec loads of xray) and everyone has one .. if they asked me they can delete em all and start all over again with that weapon .. a tiny nerf is appropriate tough

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 12:36
As for the xbow it's not overpowered, i traded a herc for one and i'm almost sad i did.
I went back to using the slasher as it does far more dammage. Judge does almost the same dammage.
It used to be extremely overpowered but now it's ok i guess.

The whole problem with the game right now is that there's too many people starting to play ppu's. There weren't that many but it was shown time and time again that the clan with the most ppu's can waste any other clan. So now we have clans that can bring one ppu per fighter and in large numbers, other clans see this and behold, every asg we see people repairing vehicles on their monks, and all the caves have spare ppu's in them. I give it another 4 weeks and well' be fighting op wars with soulclusters :-)

Back in NC1 you'd have the occasional para in op wars, now you see ppu's doing nothing but db and parashock while the other ppu's are designated healers. .

But i have faith in the fact that KK will do something about it once international release hits.

Clobber
31-03-05, 13:05
Back in NC1 you'd have the occasional para in op wars, now you see ppu's doing nothing but db and parashock while the other ppu's are designated healers. .

Occasional ?!? It was as bad then as it is now. And I think u had more melee tanks running around with nib sticks than you see now.

2. Just carry drugs

Ah just carry drugs...wondered where I was goin wrong :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 13:09
Another OT remark on those XBOWS...... Did anyone else notice that despite teh fact the run is broken, there's about 3* as many xbow pe's running around in the last few weeks?

It's turning into the "limited edition" spirit mod from NC1.

Jesterthegreat
31-03-05, 13:22
It's turning into the "limited edition" spirit mod from NC1.

ahaha...

but it is overpowered :p

i had one, but i chose to use judge instead due to my setup and the fact that i would rather beat someone with a judge than an xbow.

RogerRamjet
31-03-05, 13:23
If you are out solo pking, carry drugs. If you are a PPU or have a PPU with you get holy anti-para. This is what i do and it works fine for me.

And the "limited edition spirit mods" were BPable when they first came out i think, since some clans on Uranus had nearly endless supplies of them.

Selendor
31-03-05, 13:58
I think what people are really complaining about is the number of ppus, resulting in more para. I still think that Para is ok, given the 2 ways to counter it, and the expense of casting it. In fact, you can also counter it with a low level shocker too that stops the holy para sticking. So thats 3 ways to counter it.

Dribble Joy
31-03-05, 14:22
*Anxiously awaits DJ's post*, that guy HATES
*Snarns and snaps, saliva flying everywhere, eyes blood shot and dilated*

Remove it! Remove it! Remove it! Remove it!

>_<

Xylaz
31-03-05, 15:12
yes, remove it

Maui
31-03-05, 15:20
I give it another 4 weeks and well' be fighting op wars with soulclusters :-)

Actualy I already saw a post about this some were.

some guy was braging that he won an op fight with 7 ppu's vs 5 other players or somethin, but I forgot were the post was :x

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:44
Pfft Remove para?

REMOVE PSI!

Xylaz
31-03-05, 15:45
Pfft Remove para?

REMOVE PSI!

remove ppus :p

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:48
I stand by my comment! :angel:

BAN PSI!

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 15:49
Banning psi would be .... harsh.

I say turn all monks into hybrids.

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:50
Banning psi would be .... harsh.

I say turn all monks into hybrids.

*Stabs Violently*

Hybrids would be even worse! >_< - Nah - Ban Psi :P

Obsidian X
31-03-05, 15:57
*Stabs Violently*

Hybrids would be even worse! >_< - Nah - Ban Psi :P

I think you're saying that just to be "edgy" and controversial ;) . Seriously, you can't just "ban" PSI, would be far too difficult at this stage (RP, players who've grown up with monks etc). Hell thats not even a creative suggestion; just a far-fetched one :p

Come on Mr Spermy I know you can do better than that :D

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:58
I think you're saying that just to be "edgy" and controversial ;) . Seriously, you can't just "ban" PSI, would be far too difficult at this stage (RP, players who've grown up with monks etc). Hell thats not even a creative suggestion; just a far-fetched one :p

Come on Mr Spermy I know you can do better than that :D

Sorry - I just have a thing against monks... The thing being I usually hit the floor before they do :S

:D

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 15:59
Actualy hybrids would be a lot leasier to ballance than the apu and ppu, because when they unite it takes psi to a whole different level.

honour
31-03-05, 16:01

yup i have this. Im not on about ppus being para spammed. I mean all other chars.

Leave ppus the way they are and nerf the HP like it was in the middle of neo 1's life.

Then ppus have to get the heals on the fighters whilst in fast fight. Much harder.

Spermy
31-03-05, 16:01
Hrrm... thinking about it - as obsidian said - there's not a whole lot you can do with monks at the stage we're at anyway - whatever you do to em is gonna throw the game out of whack anyway you look at it...

not sure how it works, but what if damage taken while mid-cast affected the probability of a successful cast based on Psi use under the INT section... IE the more proficient you are, the less like you are to fail under pressure.

would make it a little easier to cope with monks on the battlefield, and at the same time a tad more challenging for the "i don't need a reticle" brigade :p

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 16:06
ive said it before and ill say it again:

get rid of it, i dont really care as i dont use it. however what i will say is that if it is removed it had better be replaced, with a decent rare for ppus, anytime i use it i do so either to get my rank up or simply to ave a twirly

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 16:43
Remove Para! Remove Holy en Blessed heal. A basic heal should be sufficient. The rest of the supportbuffs(maybe they can be toned down a little) can stay. The invulnerabilty one sometimes reaches is insane. Having a ppu strapped on your tail should give a slight advantage and not a huge one like it is now.

Kuya
31-03-05, 16:50
remove the god damn shocker too then!

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 17:10
Remove Para! Remove Holy en Blessed heal. A basic heal should be sufficient. The rest of the supportbuffs(maybe they can be toned down a little) can stay. The invulnerabilty one sometimes reaches is insane. Having a ppu strapped on your tail should give a slight advantage and not a huge one like it is now.

why do u people have to turn every single parashock thread into a nerf the ppu thread. PPU is not invulnerable, and are fine so stop whining and turning the thread into things other then another parashock thread

Spermy
31-03-05, 17:45
why do u people have to turn every single parashock thread into a nerf the ppu thread. PPU is not invulnerable, and are fine so stop whining and turning the thread into things other then another parashock thread

Remove enigma! :D

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 18:02

Because it's related.

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 18:03
no its not....ppus aint the only ones who have parashock, and exactly how is heal related to parashock?

The Ottoman
31-03-05, 18:26
no its not....ppus aint the only ones who have parashock,

If it were up to me all para would be removed. No matter wich class uses it.

and exactly how is heal related to parashock?

They are both ppu spells? Removing only para takes only a small part away of my malcontent concerning ppu's. Like I said in my earlier post it only needs toning down a little.

enigma_b17
31-03-05, 18:31
If it were up to me all para would be removed. No matter wich class uses it.

so would most people, virtually no1 wants to keep it.

They are both ppu spells? Removing only para takes only a small part away of my malcontent concerning ppu's. Like I said in my earlier post it only needs toning down a little.

Parashock is not only a ppu spell it is also 2 rare melee shockers and a whole bunch of non-rare ones, a rare rifle, a load of non-rare rifles, a load of non-rare pistols, and hell theres even cannons. And also the fact that there are parashock ppu spells has no relationship whatsoever to holy heal, im afraid ur argument is flawed.

illmatic
31-03-05, 18:37
removing parashock would be retarded, if a ppu cant antipara someone in a fight they shouldnt be a ppu. the problem is most ppus cant ppu right. if people complain that much, go buy some anti shock pills. the only thing that could be done is make the para consume more mana so people cant spam it as well.

Freaky Fryd
31-03-05, 18:38
for the love of all that is holy, remove para!

E. Cryton
31-03-05, 18:49
At least this way u wont need to nerf the ppus.

how stupid
the main problem is not just about the holy para...

Switch-Blade
01-04-05, 10:26
Bye everyone ............ Thanks for my complete enjoyment of the game........bye for now ........ May come back when the population and game content improve (don't like playing solitaire). For anyone who knows me Good Luck and Best Wishes for everyone who hates me Good Luck and Best Wishes (please remember its a game). To all of the Neocron Team THANKS hope the International release goes well, I will keep checking back to see if it has.

last message to everyone :- Balance is a dream, You can please some of the people some of the time you can never please all of the people all of the time.

long life to all

Xtro

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 11:10
We've never been closer to ballance in the game.
The only thing that throws it off now is when ppu's come into play.

And as for population. It's growing again since this week. I guess some people are comming back to witness international release and be ready by then.

netster
01-04-05, 11:26
when u want to remove all blessed heal/holy heals, give all TL3heal/basic def/shelter/resist the MST factor instead of PPU. this would be even enough thought. :p a little rework on PPW would be needed then too, because it must give power, instead of just PSI_Pool in main...

honour
01-04-05, 11:55
how stupid
the main problem is not just about the holy para...

if u pld neo 1, u would realise then when the ppus prity much lost the use of HP things changed alot. PPU's dont rly need nerfing, anti-buff dev or hl will take a ppu down. Nerf the para and the game gets evened out.

without freezers in the game, its more about skill . This is where the fun begins

netster
01-04-05, 12:02
without freezers in the game, its more about skill . This is where the fun begins
yes, without freezers, more skill but not unstopable. with freezers alot more fun!

sultana
01-04-05, 12:03
The holy para as it is, is basically what it was after the original nerf in nc1. From its 105/min rof and some stupidly low mana cost.

Though yes, remove the holy para before you start balancing the rest of the ppu's.

At the most, holy para should not reduce mouse sensitivity and reduce speed to as if you were carrying a rifle, that's at the most. That's all the high level parashocks, and the low level ones should be based off that. Even so I would still want it removed :rolleyes:

netster
01-04-05, 12:09
The holy para as it is, is basically what it was after the original nerf in nc1. From its 105/min rof and some stupidly low mana cost.
OMFFFFGGG o_O .. okay, but i dont wanna have para removed. its usefull, its just powerfull (only wep left to a ppu) to get your ass away from an unfriendly apu :p

Jesterthegreat
01-04-05, 13:34
if theres a topic you dont like people discussing just add a leaving post on the end to get it closed eh?

kinda underhanded tactic

:edit: both sultana and eric both played NC1... for a long time...

Dribble Joy
01-04-05, 15:20
We've never been closer to ballance in the game.
If you mean a month before christmas before the skill changes then yes.

Bugs Gunny
01-04-05, 15:22
Tell me which class is overpowered now?
(except ppu-psi attack 2 hybrids)

Jesterthegreat
01-04-05, 19:25
If you mean a month before christmas before the skill changes then yes.

i gotta agree with the others... other than blessed hybs, ppu effects and the xbow ;)

E. Cryton
01-04-05, 19:50
if u pld neo 1, u would realise then when the ppus prity much lost the use of HP things changed alot. PPU's dont rly need nerfing, anti-buff dev or hl will take a ppu down. Nerf the para and the game gets evened out.

its not about if the PPU is unkillable ...
its about the ppl he's supporting ...

Freaky Fryd
01-04-05, 21:32
If I had a choice of keeping para as is, or only changing as aspect of it,
I'd change the slowing of my turning when para'd.

I'd rather get rid of it all, but the slowing of the turning speed is the worst part of it.

Rogue Arson
01-04-05, 22:26
I don't know... para is a bitch, but I get around it. Drugs, anti para... it works. If enemy ppus para, your ppus anti para. PPUs can basicly cancel each other out in the end. Outside of an op war, para is the ultimate gank tool, I agree. Maybe it should be. Most stealthing spies can live forever, killing whomever strolls by till para hits the field. Ya ever notice a para'd spy vanishes for a while? Para'd melee tanks don't exactly like being in the area either. Para is there for a reason. I say keep it, and learn to fight around it. Anything that makes you work harder for a kill makes you better in the end.

E. Cryton
01-04-05, 22:37
OMFFFFGGG o_O .. okay, but i dont wanna have para removed. its usefull, its just powerfull (only wep left to a ppu) to get your ass away from an unfriendly apu :p

if u die to a single apu as a ppu or even almost u deserve it.

Lincoln
01-04-05, 23:58
removing parashock would be retarded, if a ppu cant antipara someone in a fight they shouldnt be a ppu. the problem is most ppus cant ppu right. if people complain that much, go buy some anti shock pills. the only thing that could be done is make the para consume more mana so people cant spam it as well.

Hats off to you--you've summed it up nicely.

ROZZER187
04-04-05, 15:25
another para thread :o

been saying it since i started in nc and i'll say it again........REMOVE PARA PLZ :lol: :lol:

i like my signature tbh