PDA

View Full Version : Man killed over Virtual Game dispute

Capt. Rik
30-03-05, 13:53
From todays news:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13317980,00.html

Just be glad that nothing in NC2 is that rare...

Spermy
30-03-05, 13:57
That's just obscene...

People need reality checks =/

Original monk
30-03-05, 14:10
there are crazy people running around everywhere ... on the street .. online .. in neocron ... in the office next to you @ work ... or that weird person living 4 houses next to yours

and even you deep inside yes

everyone's a potential murderer in certain situations in certain times (fe: a mother protecting her children, this is a primal instinct)

we call ourselves humans but where nothing more then apes in costumes :)

in this certain example the person that stabbed clearly had some difficulty keeping he's real and virtual life seperate .. problem with PKing someone in real life is they cant genrep back ..

Mr Kot
30-03-05, 14:13
I knew it was only a matter of time.

Some people really need a life. The only RL problem NC could realistically cause would be marital disputes over time spent online, but THIS....

What ever problems i have with characters ingame, they're just CHARACTERS, ffs. I bet the people at the keyboards are dead nice ppl who i would love to have a beer with sometime while we talk about NC and say "Nice fight" a lot.

There have even been RL NC get-togethers that i have read about on the forums. One in Canada, one at Suking or somewhere. Can anyone who went confirm that bottles and chairs were flying when FF turned up? I doubt it.

But what really made me laugh was this:

It said Qiu reported the loss of the "Dragon Saber" to police but they said it wasn't real property protected by the law.

ONOZ!! some l337 h4xor has stolen my 5 slot CS!!!!1111one WAAAAAAAAAA!!! *dials 999*

:rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
30-03-05, 14:14
I once lent my 5 slot CS to someone.... Nobody heard from him since....

So now... who wants to come play nc with me? :-)

Original monk
30-03-05, 15:30
ONOZ!! some l337 h4xor has stolen my 5 slot CS!!!!1111one WAAAAAAAAAA!!! *dials 999*

:rolleyes:

think it went like this ...

victim who's saber is stolen: "help sir policeman !!! XING PENG LIE has stolen my ultrare 'death in an eyeblink of the dragon -saber' !!!"

policeman: "youre what ?? O_o"

victim: "my supersaber in the interwebgame i play !!!"

policeman: "mhuahaha so you cant even see youre item in reallife .. !"

victim: "its a virtual item yes, you cant grab it in real life"

policeman: "hehe ok, then i cant do alot for you, law didnt even think about that one yet hehe ... you think a judge will think this is funny when ya go telling em this story ?? O_o "

victim: "but what can i do to get my coollooking saber back ???"

policeman: "what do i know about videogames ?!? kill the guy and loot it back orso ? :confused: ? im sorry but i cant help you and im very busy... "

victim: "someone also said that on the forum altough i tought it was crazy, but if you say so ..."

policeman: "im glad i could atleast help a littlebit, have a nice day"

Spoon
30-03-05, 17:12
This is why KK is tripping over themselves to break into the asian market...

Those people are fanatical gamers.....

Dribble Joy
30-03-05, 17:54
I don't see why people are so suprised about this or think that it shows a degradation of human civility.
Attachments to things virtual or not are equally as real to people, it is a game but also NOT just a game.

Maui
30-03-05, 18:36
and that while legend of mir totaly sucks -_-'

Clive tombstone
30-03-05, 18:52
Hehe, I Ph34r the asain gaming market, But on a completly unrelated note ( :D ) you wouldnt beleave the crazy stuff that goes down here in san diego. Hell, a few months ago, apperantly, a group of kids (im not going to say who) were playing counterstrike, and apperantly someone got frusterated and stabbed on of the other players.
Nobody died, but someone went to jail, I know I was there. Needless to say Lots of people really need to learn the lines of reality better, Lest the should think that stabbing solves all video gaming problems :(

paolo escobar
30-03-05, 19:27
To be honest i'm not surprised at all :(
The amount of people that play online games now and in recent years, its prolly already happened.
An unfortunate downside of humanity.

Oh and any of you steal my paw of bear, and i'll come get you! :mad:

Mr Kot
30-03-05, 19:47
and to that tight-arse who didn't tip me for that poke yesterday..... i know where you live! :mad:

j/k :p

hegemon
30-03-05, 21:07
Nothing new. It's called offline pk.

There was an article in Time about it a few years ago. (http://www.time.com/time/interactive/entertainment/gangs_np.html)

Original monk
30-03-05, 22:31
"The game doesn't affect reality," says a red-eyed addict after spending two nights playing virtually nonstop. "Reality affects the game."

-> ya can think about that one lol :wtf: weird

jernau
31-03-05, 12:32
Y7200 = £36.

Sad.

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 13:00
Anyone care to join me in my RL worship of Crahn?
Weekly virgin sacrifices will be included, as well as donating all your cash for the cause.....

Spermy
31-03-05, 14:00
Anyone care to join me in my RL worship of Crahn?
Weekly virgin sacrifices will be included, as well as donating all your cash for the cause.....

Virgin sacrifice bit may be a bit hard - I live in Bolton. I think Mr Kot will back me up on this when I say there are NO virgins in Bolton. =/

Mr Kot
31-03-05, 14:06
I think Mr Kot will back me up on this when I say there are NO virgins in Bolton. =/

Actually, i found one not long ago, but i beat you to it. Sorry. :D

Her liver was nice tho. ;)

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 14:08
I hope you didn't waste a perfectly good bottle of Chianti wine on it too :-)

Siygess
31-03-05, 14:16
Reminds me of this old penny-arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-06-25&res=l) strip. I wonder.. if ker-azy Koreans started beating each other over the head because of things that happen to them in NC2, don't you think that the media's resultingly negative portrayal of this game would actually help sell more copies in the same way such press helped the GTA series? :)

Spermy
31-03-05, 15:39
heh - would solve sme probs in NC though... especially for allied killers - a lil email or summat...

"Joo R Pkard by xxx

he totally kicked your ass while you were repping/poking/at the gogo....

he has no skills! We think you should tell him so!

xxxx - address :)"

Heavyporker
31-03-05, 17:32
mmm... I do get enraged sometimes... but hey.. I know no-one's address.. so...

no outlet for it except getting a baseball bat and bashing in Drom skulls.