PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail, spam, a rant... and fishcakes.

Spermy
30-03-05, 13:12
Hotmail, cheap free easy email addy - I use it for all regular forms of contact, Messanger, job interviews uni contacts - I have a private one I use for any transactions etc.

But like I said - Uni contact details - hotmail. So I open hotmail today and I find

DEPT OF NOTIFICATION
FINAL NOTICE
URGENT REMINDER

in my inbox.

Now being a bit twitchy as I still have a few things unpaid (totally in control though for once! :p) I literally shat a brick. Then I look over at the email senders address... it's one of those "special offer" places... my mood changes from shitting a brick. to picking up said brick and shoving it down senders throat =/

Yeah I know you get what you pay for and with hotmail you pay nowt but still, this really pissed me off! PEOPLE SHOULDN'T MAKE OTHER PEOPLE SHIT THIER PANTS!

Fishcakes.

(well there ya go, hotmail, spam, a rant and fishcakes :) )

[TgR]KILLER
30-03-05, 13:23
lol.. nowadays i use my own e-mail ( none hotmail but my OWN email ) for real important stuff :) normall spam crap and sites still regged to one of my hotmails tho :p got like 3/4 hotmails all with diffrent sites.. to spread the spam ^^ 1 for clan 1 for person 1 for random spam etc.

Xian
30-03-05, 13:27
Using your hotmail account for Uni isn't the best idea - the spam filter they use seems to have been constructed by brain dead chimpanzees.

Spermy
30-03-05, 13:48
Using your hotmail account for Uni isn't the best idea - the spam filter they use seems to have been constructed by brain dead chimpanzees.

Meh - half the stuff they send me is so I moved it to hotmail. Phear my intellectualality...ism...ness. yes.

Mr Kot
30-03-05, 14:26
Hehe, EVERYTHING you get in any inbox should be taken with a pinch of salt. The only correspondence you should be shitting bricks about are the ones that drop though your letterbox, usually in brown envelopes.

Debt collectors do their dirty work in person or by snail mail. They may telephone earlier if they think there's a chance of persuading you to pay up, but i've never heard of serious business being conducted by email.

BROWN ENVELOPES = BROWN TROUSERS
TOP SLOGANS TO MAKE YOU SHIT YOURSELF:
INLAND REVENUE
H.M. CUSTOMS AND EXCISE
FINAL DEMAND
GREATER MANCHESTER POLICE
LORD CHANCELLOR'S DEPARTMENT
<xxxx> MAGISTRATES COURT
<xxxx> COUNTY COURT
<xxxx> SOLICITORS

anyone know any more?

Obsidian X
30-03-05, 22:34
BROWN ENVELOPES = BROWN TROUSERS
TOP SLOGANS TO MAKE YOU SHIT YOURSELF:
INLAND REVENUE
H.M. CUSTOMS AND EXCISE
FINAL DEMAND
GREATER MANCHESTER POLICE
LORD CHANCELLOR'S DEPARTMENT
<xxxx> MAGISTRATES COURT
<xxxx> COUNTY COURT
<xxxx> SOLICITORS

anyone know any more?

One I often fear is "Manchester Metropolitan University" with "IMPORTANT" stamped in big red ink. Those never bear good news for me.