PDA

View Full Version : NC corrupting

TWOK
29-03-05, 21:07
Ok, in the past month NC has corrupted itself 3 times for me. Everytime it's started with a common FRE then I can't get ingame without a FRE after immediately entering (I do see the game world for a split second then FRE), it's the same on all chars on any server. I tried it all, reboot, filecheck and finally a reinstall which fixed it. One thing I noticed was when uninstalling is the fonts folder wouldn't delete (some message about being in use or something simillar), and if I left the fonts folder inplace NC wouldn't install without an error. So the fix this I moved the fonts folder to another directory then reinstall worked fine. Ok whats my point ? Just a few mins ago I had the same problem (FRE then NC won't work), I had a feeling it could be one of the fonts corrupting, so I tried replacing the fonts folder with a backup I made. Start up NC and it works...

What I want to know is this a known issue or just NC acting strange on my comp :confused:

netster
30-03-05, 08:58
u tried to switch to DX7 and FREd again? perhpas u could post some DXInfo + your nc-errorlog..

Capt. Rik
30-03-05, 09:33
This sounds like an experience I had in NC1 but it's highly unlikely to be this.

Back in NC1, I installed the game on a new machine and downloaded all the patches seperately. I put the patches in the correct folder and used the launcher to apply them. Got in game and was immediately fataling all the time. Couldn't get anywhere.

Turned out that i'd accidentely downloaded the test server patches instead of the retail patches and therefore everything was broken.

TWOK
30-03-05, 18:30
Nope it's none of the things mentioned (yes I know it sounds daft), NC simply wouldn't work, then I replaced the contents of the fonts folder with a backup and now it does. o_O

nm, probably a OS issue as I ain't formatted in eons.

Ronk
06-04-05, 18:33
I had the same problem ones during NC1, I just couldnt be ingame for more than 20 secs cause of a crash. I can't remember precisely which solution I had but it had something to do with shutting down a program in the taskmanager. Lol, I just shut down like 60% of the programs so I don't know exactly which program it was. Give it a try

Ronk