PDA

View Full Version : laserpointers

eprodigy
27-03-05, 22:28
i have a question for once (jk). ive never been fully clear on exactly how laserpointers effect weapons. apparently they close the reticle faster?
if so my question is:

does this effect help once aiming is capped?
if no, can one undercap aiming and still get the same aim with a laserpointer?
and does it take into consideration the laserpointer when calculating your aiming percentage?

Freaky Fryd
27-03-05, 22:57
From the limited tests I did back in NC1, a laser pointer does not effect aiming
speed once you already capped it. As for the rest of your question...I don't know.

Jesterthegreat
27-03-05, 23:35
From the limited tests I did back in NC1, a laser pointer does not effect aiming
speed once you already capped it. As for the rest of your question...I don't know.

^ what he said.

eprodigy
27-03-05, 23:43
so there basicly useless since aiming is ez to cap.. might as well flashlight mod it mabye hurt some1s eyes ;)

Jesterthegreat
27-03-05, 23:43
they look good, can blind people and look good...

eprodigy
27-03-05, 23:45
i always forget to turn em on anyway...

MkVenner
28-03-05, 01:01
keep turning them on after zoning is annoying...

used to have a silenced laserpointer wyatt, used to call it my socom lol

paolo escobar
28-03-05, 01:07
Never understood why only one out of the 4 mods actually improve ur weapon skill/use to a degree.

MkVenner
28-03-05, 01:13
barrel, gyro and chamber (and NRG counterparts) all increase ability, unless you mean the SOPMOD style mods....laser pointer, silencer, scope and flashlight

paolo escobar
28-03-05, 01:33
no mk v i meant the stat mods, cos they dont improve ur skill/use of the weapons do they..... duh :lol:

Obviously the silencer, flashlight, scope and laser.

jini
28-03-05, 07:06
The laser pointer atm has one of the best ingame effects. kk made it so it has the same effect it has when one points it to one's eyes (don't ever try it, it might burn some optic nerv's cells) but the effect is the same. The eye is temporal blindness. There was a rumour that laser gives a plus to yr aim skill till you cap it, where it does nothing more. Never tested it, and it only makes sense if one could mod a crossbow adn then see if it helps at all

eprodigy
28-03-05, 10:18
but does it actually do that enough to give any noticable advantage in a fight? do you get blinded and miss because of them

someone PM'd me asking how to turn them on but i cant reply since your accounts not active it says.. you push numpad 4 i believe is default, iirc 1 for fl 2 for scope 3 for silencer 4 for laser ? think so.

IceStorm
28-03-05, 13:15
It helped my weaponlore-deprived Rifle Spy quite a bit.

It doesn't help much, if at all, on a weaponlore-centric Rifle Spy.

It is a nice add-on to a capped weapon. :-)

Jesterthegreat
28-03-05, 13:42
my wyatt earp has no arti stats.

it has a flashlight, a silencer and a laser pointer (as well as an ammo mod).

would i trade it for a 4 slot all arti one with none of those mods? fuck no.

and a scope isnt useless... reticule locks more at range with it turned on (though aim speed is reduced and 1st person view is zoomed in), flashlight means you dont have to have the gama way up (in NC1 i tried setting the gamma / brightness / contrast properly... i was in PP1 and there were real dark shadowy bits... it was fucking fantastic), laser looks good and blinds people if you shine it in their eyes (and anyone who says does it make you miss... wtf do you think? all you see is a bright red bit, so bright it actually hurts my eyes when im playing at night :p), and a silencer... well... that sounds good, and in big battles makes it less obvious to everone what your using :p

E. Cryton
28-03-05, 15:49
they look good, can blind people and look good...

my bling - bling

Jesterthegreat
28-03-05, 15:54
my bling - bling

no... my explosive Wyatt Earp with silencer, lasersight and flashlight is bling bling :p

Clive tombstone
28-03-05, 18:12
Heh, My scoped, Explosive, Laser pointer arti pain easer is great for me. Since my PE is a hybrid, I went with the near bear stats for using the rifle. I have to say, for PE's not completly specializing, its a wonderful mod :D