PDA

View Full Version : sony PSP, anybody tried it yet?

dmon99
27-03-05, 20:00
I couldnt hold out for some reason on this one.
the store said they got 60 units in and had 2 left 2 days later.
i have to admit im impressed, it can play not only games,but mpeg-4's
,view jpeg photos,and listen to mp3's from the net. although the only problem i found with video seemed to be that it had to be in mpeg-4 format but in 2 minutes i had found third party software that converted and copied videos to my psp for me.
normally i would have waited a while to get one while they still hefted about that 250$ price tag , but wanted to see what the hype was about

i picked up 2 games : twisted metal -head on(ive always been a TWZTD MTL fan since the first one). and metal gear acid(if your a hardcore fan of MG for the game play , dont get this one. its a turn based card game.

i was also pleased that it came with the spiderman 2 movie as i havent seen it so BONUS.

i would suggest that folks wait a bit before buying tho, an account theres like 24 game titles atm and id wait fore a cheaper deal in prolly a month or 2

just wondering if theres other folks that couldnt wait to get one and maybe some opinions of post-buy hardware

dmon99
28-03-05, 22:40
lol im now using my sony psp to show people at work the neocron 2 trailer, try and get some intersted in playing

nobby
30-03-05, 00:17
if i were to get an american PSP, would English UMD movies work?

dmon99
30-03-05, 00:32
they should as it has a built in browser that lets you select from 9 different languages , and all time zones, and the movie menu can be set to give subtitles for about 30-40 differnt countries. they really didnt leave much out for this one

dmon99
10-04-05, 05:26
maybe not as they said in a press release that they will have regional blocks to prevent that sort of thing kinda sucks