PDA

View Full Version : What's after **/*?

ArgieD
26-03-05, 16:34
Ok, got my real life mates to play this game, they enjoy it; I enjoy it and a few more want to join. We don't care much about the bugs or a few in-game asses, but there is an issue.

My pal has reached /50 in two weeks and we are now wondering how long is it gonna be before we both approach the dreadful end-sixty. My question is like: OK what's next in the game? What happens when you cap all your skills? Is there anything else in Neocron to keep you interested?

If not, are there any rumours of a further expansion / dynamic alteration to keep things going?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moaning / flaming / trolling / quitting etc. Just curious, as now my mates are online, playing neocron, I join them for more that the normal couple of hours, chilling after work, and as a result we level as hell. I have never had a fully capped runner and I'm am quite intrigued.

Cheers

E. Cryton
26-03-05, 16:47
depends on what u'r interested in.
i hate lvling, killing mobs etc, i capped my chars for pvp, nothing else.
i think, thats what most of the players do, fighting other player when ur char is ready for that.

Spermy
26-03-05, 16:51
I guess once your fully capped, there's WOC when it's done... Either that or making a nem for yourself in PvP which doesn't neccesarilly require a capped character, or ya could start a clan and move on to OP warring.

Dunno really

Meliglianor
26-03-05, 16:51
you also got the Wisdom of Ceres skill to lvl.. right now it's totally useless, but i for one hopes that they will implement items / whatever that requisre WoC soon

Archy
26-03-05, 16:54
yeah theres still WOC and pvp, rolling new chars.

Skusty
26-03-05, 17:52
Join a clan and op wars :angel:

Jesterthegreat
26-03-05, 18:05
pvp or more leveling

or you could be one of 3 RPers on the server i guess...

Spermy
26-03-05, 18:13
pvp or more leveling

or you could be one of 3 RPers on the server i guess...

I resent that comment!

Besides, everyone knows RP is dead :p

(Before the RP nuts decide to jump on my ass I'm kidding :rolleyes: )

Asurmen Spec Op
26-03-05, 22:47
I resent that comment!

Besides, everyone knows RP is dead :p

(Before the RP nuts decide to jump on my ass I'm kidding :rolleyes: ) *jumps*

Bugs Gunny
26-03-05, 23:20
Roleplay..... it is where we will all end.... :-)

eprodigy
26-03-05, 23:36
there are a lot of people that really enjoy the trading/tradeskilling aspect of Neocron, the acquisition aspect (20 apartments full of every itme in game), or decorating/trickingout your apartment etc.you know, the carebear stuff ;) i enjoy that stuff too. i think that neocron does those things quite well and there all very entertaining to me. but the part of this game that hold the most players is byfar the PVP. most long time players have you know, 4 capped chars, they all have everything they ever need, and most of them still play for that same pvp that they have been doing for over 2 years.. thats how much fun it is

i know a lot of people have left lately, right before and continuing after nc2 released especially. but when you think about it,, a lot of them have been playing for over 2 years thats a pretty damn long time to hold anyones entertainment in any game.

Spermy
27-03-05, 00:36
*jumps*

I move to have that stricken from the record. I have never, nor will I ever engage in funky, funky buttloving with this man.

Tidus_Origin
27-03-05, 14:35
I move to have that stricken from the record. I have never, nor will I ever engage in funky, funky buttloving with this man.

Imagine that as a forum sig quote...lol :)

But, besides PvP, OP fights and events, there really is very little to do once you cap....

a lot of them have been playing for over 2 years thats a pretty damn long time to hold anyones entertainment in any game

True. But then, NC, despite its bugs, is still original.

ArgieD
29-03-05, 10:56
So you are practically telling me to either F OFF, or wait until WoC is implemented.

At least I was given a choice - LOL

Dr Strange
29-03-05, 11:43
PVP is basically what's left after capping from hunting

Though I think the cap should be raised considerably. Before NC2 I played Diablo 1 & 2 and while the later patches made getting to lvl 100 easier, before it was a challenge and well the first 60 were about as easy as capping a character in NC. Both just took time, however the last 40 lvls in D2 made for alot of fun. Just seems a recurring theme in RPGs the last couple years that 60(ish) is the general area for capping (pre WoC assuming it will add a skill level and even then thats what 1 lvl?). I like PVP but hunting is one of the more fun aspects, lvling with friends is a blast. Items, experience and cash all in one.

And when you think about it the really high end hunting levels of the game are geared towards alot more than capped. Y Reps while they can be sniped from miles away or hit from behind mountains with an APU's non line of sight, will rip through an entire team with full PPU support (hell they chew Rhinos in a few hits). MC5's while weaker are still tough as nails. etc If there were move stat levels to further progress your charater (i'd think either more powerful weaponry or alot more con for resistances) you could do these. Yea most people will say "but those require a team". I've heard of one "Team" taking on Y Reps face to face in close range and that ended in them dragging Y Reps into the range of Anarchy Breed spawns and having them go at it.

I personally wish there was more to the end game than simple PVP. Player shops would be awesome, and theres so much potential for the player generated events with the right tools at hand (prizes and stuff) etc that could be put to use for capped characters who want a break from PVP or want an alternative. And for those that say "well NC is a pvp game" true it is largely based on PVP end game however you have to admit for fans of the cyberpunk style of gaming theres not alot of choices on the market.

Original monk
29-03-05, 11:46
So you are practically telling me to either F OFF, or wait until WoC is implemented.

At least I was given a choice - LOL

certainly dont F OFF !!!

you where the only one after 2 hours of yelling around that wanted to recycle me my weaponparts 10 out of other weaponparts :)

wherefor again my thanx :)

dunno what goal you should go after tbh, things i do lately is indeed a bit of trading .. altough i cant think of anything else i need atm .. some killing around here and there .. and this weekend i leveld a bit on my last 2 chars that needed leveling ... one in hacknet but it goes slowly .. and one in the chaoscaves wich goes fluently :)

sure thing i aint decorating my appartment anymore cause when i enter now it allready drops to 1 fps LoL

dunno, if youre really bored yust start a new account :) KK wouldnt mind and you will have enough to do hehe

edit: as for PvP ... with current serverpops its a bitch .. i cant find anyone to kill lol .. or not worth it tbh ... that 1 lonesome cowboy you meet on youre way isnt what i call pvp lol ... there is no real area where anti and pro come togheter to fight ..

as a pro you can go to PP3 .. MB/battledome .. hang around TH or whatever and meet not a single soul .. yes you can go raid those poor people at CRP trying to level up a bit ... do this for to long and you get zerged by a team of 15 apu's and ppu's ...

the real fun i had in NC1 in the long PPfights is gone ... dueling for hours and hours is fun hehe .. and i dont mean those boring pre-arranged 1on1 duels in NF or whatever no ...

we need a place where aswell anti as pro hang out ... i suggest removing every possible guard and copbot from the entire redlight (PP) district and make it back to a dangerous place to be ... also add a GR to the pussyclub etc .. and make it so that an anticity can activate a GR in pepperpark witouth getting the: you arent allied with the faction of this city so you cant activate genrep .. message

Spermy
29-03-05, 13:03
Agreed - after all - pepper park is a seedy, dangerous place, there's bound to be some scum hanging around, may as well make that scum us domers :) Besides I miss PP fights >_<

Jesterthegreat
29-03-05, 13:18
theres still clans that decide to do stupid things like camping the drone racetrack zoneline if you want quick fun :p

ArgieD
29-03-05, 16:26
certainly dont F OFF !!!

you where the only one after 2 hours of yelling around that wanted to recycle me my weaponparts 10 out of other weaponparts :)

wherefor again my thanx :)

I did it because:

a) I know how frustrating is to find a tradeskiller who does what you don't...

b) I'm a nice guy

c) You were a nice guy

Last night, we tried messing about on the in-game Stockmarket (Stoxx or smt) but every other time we tried to check on shares' progress, our PCs crashed. That happens constantly so we don't seem to be able mastering the art:(

Also, every single of us (4 guys) have missing language packet files (*.ini) upon installing the game. I have downloaded the client twice, tried different servers too, but unfortunately the same thing happens every time I reinstall the game. Eventually we created blank .ini files and renamed them to the missing ones, as suggested by a certain individual, and we got it to work. I thought it was my PCs fault, but then all my mates have had the same problem.

As about the crashes; yes, it is frustrating a lot, but I can cope for the sake of the time I have already invested on the game. The problem is that I'm not sure whether my mates decide they've had enough and all of a sudden decide to go or not.

The only thing that will save the game is another cult futuristic-cyberpunk film being made, so Reakktor could advertise Neocron in the same pages of any magazines where there are articles featuring the movie.

Argie

Original monk
29-03-05, 16:54
a) you bet ! daamn lol :)

b) 110% correct

c) dont believe what they say :)