PDA

View Full Version : Monk

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 07:56
Right now I have a Hybrid monk, not too powerful, but I am debating what I should do with my monk. Make him a PPU or an APU. what to do? hmmm

Tantta
26-03-05, 08:12
both fun :)

sometimes as a ppu you might have a lot of stress when 5-10 people is yelling sd/primes pls when your only ppu in team ;)

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 08:27
I have most of my points invested into APU atm. But APU can do some serious damage. But a PPU can make some serious cash just by going on a team with a fiew lowbies in the chaos caves. They both get very high weapon ranks too.

LiL T
26-03-05, 08:29
I voted apu but I see your hybrid I'd say stick with that there fun and can be used to hunt mobs, my monk is hybrid now I could never decide between apu/ppu. I like to be able to solo with chars

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 08:30
hmm, what will be a good Hybrid Setup then. oh btw where can I find some more spells in NC. I have most of the basic spells I need.

eprodigy
26-03-05, 08:36
apu or stay hybrid.. only fun i had being a ppu was running around inside neocron while 3 people tryed to kill me and just lol'ing (lucky they didnt know what they were doing since im a shit ppu).. invincibility is fun --- keeping peopl alive...most of you just fieeling like letting em die .. stop abusing the ppu! plus.. less ppus the better..

LiL T
26-03-05, 08:49
hmm, I always enjoyed being a hybrid. What is your rank?

Oh and another thing, I cannot buy any spells from PP3 anymore, now I need some better spells, anyone know where I can find some decent high spells?
I'm not sure of my hybrids rank but she is not capped and still needs tweaking ^^ also I go too get me a PSI core some day. I will be using holy deflector/blessed shelter/holy heal umm basic resist boost 3 or haz 1 not worked out con properly yet. Weapon would be psi attack 2 see I'm not too clued up on monks so. This is going to be fun and interesting for me though quite a bit harder than a PE to setup me thinks :) .

What spells do you need ? you can get them from crahn HQ smuggler

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 08:51
Not shure atm. I am so used to being a spy or a tank. A Monk is new to me, well sort of. Oly other time I played it was during Beta.

Inntal
26-03-05, 12:27
Hmm I play both, I love both... hard decision from my view.

Bah go APU or you'll end up going to every fight with your ppu, as I'm forced to do atm :rolleyes:

E. Cryton
26-03-05, 12:42
delete monk and start a an aimclass.

l8m0n
26-03-05, 13:10
APU more fun ;)

Jesterthegreat
26-03-05, 13:27
delete monk and start a an aimclass.

agreed.

however if i had to choose i would be blessed hyb or apu

Skusty
26-03-05, 15:14
Apu nashahemapeliton or what is it spelled :p

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 19:51
Right now my goal is to be able to with stand mobs. Especially WB's.

Oh and bty what does MST do? It is not on the thing.

eprodigy
26-03-05, 20:19
requirement for spells (ala TC).. believe it replaced epu ;) which is still listed in the quickhelp for psi ;)

dark_reaper
26-03-05, 22:05
Hmm, now I am wandering how a mid ranged APU can make some cash now, besides doing missions.

Vryce
26-03-05, 23:08
Hmm, now I am wandering how a mid ranged APU can make some cash now, besides doing missions.

Besides killing mobs, maybe spec some implanting, since poking is viable again. (Also spec some points in transport; my hybrid carries a ton of junk in the gogo to sell at Yo's, :P)

Jesterthegreat
26-03-05, 23:36
cave runs... loads of xp...

dark_reaper
27-03-05, 00:16
cave runs... loads of xp...

yea but shich caves, the chaos is innacessable for me sence I am a pro-city. Now I wish I should have became a anti-city.

oh and btw, what happened to the loms? I loose an entire level every time I use it and no skill points???

Inntal
27-03-05, 00:38
There are other places where you can earn much money, you don't have to go to the CRP.

When you take a lom pill you loose some xp (0,5% of your total xp? not sure), and some skill pts. are set free. If you loose a lvl while lomming, you don't get free skill points, you have to get that lvl again later instead.

Jesterthegreat
27-03-05, 00:45
i was smart enough that my leveling spy (pro city) is still LE'd.

if more people removed their LE when they were actually ready to participate in PvP there wouldnt be so much hassle leveling.

:edit: nor would there be as much whining about noob killing

dark_reaper
27-03-05, 01:01
I am keeping my LE in, but I just want to get my monk capped as fast as possible.

I am thinking about going to the swamp caves. Try that for a little while.

Spermy
27-03-05, 02:27
What the bloody hell did they do to the ceres labs?!

But yeah - Poison caves are good, as for CRP/chaos - never had probs once I'm there - I just join a team and it's a laugh. Only problem is actually GETTING THERE. But that's a problem both sides have - CRP should be a no fire zone :p ( I kid)

eprodigy
27-03-05, 03:37
they closed the biogen labs due to exploiting (i assume they mean the barrelling through the doors..) the biomech labs are still open apparently

Inntal
27-03-05, 10:51
Swamp caves are quite good, yes. Jankis for example is always open to everyone. Hmm but after all its also suiable for rather low lvl chars.

Still the dangerous chaos caves give you the best xp, and they are quite easy to acces, even for a NC city member.

Jesterthegreat
27-03-05, 10:54
Swamp caves are quite good, yes. Jankis for example is always open to everyone. Hmm but after all its also suiable for rather low lvl chars.

Still the dangerous chaos caves give you the best xp, and they are quite easy to acces, even for a NC city member.

especially if the NC member was smart enough to leave LE in til hes near capped :D

dark_reaper
27-03-05, 20:15
I though the CRP gr is always open, now it is not. I thought it was just the OP that can lock down. hmmm. Looks like I will have to take the long way to the CRP.

eprodigy
27-03-05, 21:00
yeah crp locks with cycrow i assume.. guessing since the crp gr is like 1 second walk from the OP